MH-MHMDeadCity

Post all {MHM} related content here!
gopostal

Re: MH-MHMDeadCity

Post by gopostal » Sun May 10, 2009 9:15 pm

Sci let me know if they do it after you ask them to stop. I'm going to start making people sit out for a few days if they kill pets. This is crap and it's going to stop.

To all players: Take this as a warning, a notice, whatever. I honestly don't care. I will be recoding the pets to log playernames of who damages them. If I look back through the logs and see the same playername 10 times in a row hurting a pet or a playername killing all of someone's pets, I don't care who you are, you are going to sit out a few days. Consider other people's pets OFF LIMITS. It's completely silly I have to keep adjusting code because people keep finding ways to kill them. Guys I have worked serious hours on this map trying to make things people want and it's total disrespect to me and other players to keep trying to find a way to cheat the pet code. I have helped each and every person with their house and unique things so I am going to ask you to respect that. I've said before you guys have EVERY other map to kill anything you want on. You guys asked for this map and asked for it to be done this way, so there is no reason for me to keep getting these messages.

If you own a pet(s) and someone kills them, I want you to PM me. I'll take it from there.

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Sun May 10, 2009 9:20 pm

Can I have a dog? A dog that can shoot lasers out of it's eyes? Orange Insta-gib lasers? No wait. Don't do it. I don't even have a house or a yard for a dog. Thanks anyways.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon May 11, 2009 9:13 am

Herm you are too much lol....

There is an updated map going in now. I did a lot of script work on the pets, but very little work on the map. I'll be working on that this week, getting the HOF added in.

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Mon May 11, 2009 9:38 am

I won't damage any monsters now because I have my own pets, And I also don't want that they get hurt.

Yesterday there was some noob that didn't stop nuking in ice's house.
I prevented him with the Ghandi :D

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon May 11, 2009 11:12 am

Hell they were totally recoded now. You will have a very hard time hurting them now. About the pets, here are the changes:

Hellfire's Krall, and Scify's Krall are now coded into the villagemonsters mod. If you harm any of them, you drop your entire inventory and they are no longer able to be picked back up (locked weapons). You can go get more, but the ones on the ground are now useless. POTS manta is now his custom type but can be damaged in case one escapes (NOT telefraggable though). Flying monsters need to be killable or it could cause all kinds of trouble. Ice's rabbits take no damage now at all and cannot be smashed.

All pet monsters log player names to the server of people who hurt them. I know monsters will be hit by accident and thats all cool. Mostly the monsters should ignore it all, but if a player is continually hurting one then we need to address that. Hellfire you should have warned that player to stop and if they don't then ban them. It's your server guys, you are the admins. If someone is not playing with sportmanship, warn them then remove them if they won't listen. No other server with admin staff would tolerate that crap. Look at dU's front page at the things they don't put up with. I think they get a little harsh sometimes but the fact remains we share a lot of the same public players so dont tolerate bad behavior here either.

I will be working on the map later this week and addressing the issues you guys have informed me of. If you have anything more, please let me know. This next one may be the final or last to final so speak now or it might not get done. Oh, and lastly some minor city sections are removed to try and save some space on the map. I might cut out a bit more non-essential stuff so if you have any ideas let me know what we could do without.

To the root admins, here is the list of summonable monsters from villagemonsters (all previous lists are unused now):
villagemonsters.HellKrall (Hellfire's Krall)
villagemonsters.SciKrall (Scify's Krall)
villagemonsters.IcesPetBunny (duh)
villagemonsters.PotsManta (Umm..oh yeah...pot's manta)
villagemonsters.Incow (Bio's inner sanctum cow)
villagemonsters.outcow (The village pet cow. Can be boosted still with effort (flying cows ftw) and will NOT log damage as this is less a pet and more a village entertainment. Feel free to make him soar with the eagles :) )

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Mon May 11, 2009 1:04 pm

Village entertainment, yeah it entertains me :D
Hellfire tries to Ghandinate around and they disarm him :P
Sadly they give me the same treatment :? :lol:
Awww Hermskii doesn't have a house...Hellfy and I believe you should have a SCUBA house in the lake :twisted:
Nah we wouldn't stress you or gopo so badly but it sounds so funny :)

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon May 11, 2009 4:17 pm

gopostal wrote:Mostly the monsters should ignore it all, but if a player is continually hurting one then we need to address that. Hellfire you should have warned that player to stop and if they don't then ban them.
I think I was there too, I told him to stop because he was causing lag and he could have crashed the map. He told me he was bored then he stopped... Fool.
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon May 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Hellfire asked me to scale his monsters back so I removed the lose-your-weapons with them and they attack relentlessly without damaging you. If anyone else wants their pets tweaked, let me know and I'll adjust them too.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon May 11, 2009 8:07 pm

The server is always full now and I can't vote for that map. I'll try it tomorrow. :|

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Tue May 12, 2009 12:06 pm

gopostal wrote:Hellfire asked me to scale his monsters back so I removed the lose-your-weapons with them and they attack relentlessly without damaging you. If anyone else wants their pets tweaked, let me know and I'll adjust them too.
It works now! :D
If I shoot them 1 time they attack me and it says: Player looged to server (or something like that).
Good job gopo! 8)

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue May 12, 2009 6:25 pm

I don't know you guys, but I think the monster-logs idea is not that great: I noticed rabbits trampling other rabbits were causing server logs, plus you have to consider that random nuke shots may hit monsters and cause extra logs, in fact most of us use the Ghandi Nuker to travel the village faster.

Anyhow how come my mantas are the only weak monsters in the whole village? All monsters are invincible (I have not tested whether the other pets are telefraggable or not yet) but my mantas, and they have no server logs as well. :|

What about making all pets invincible and totally dump the server logs idea?

:!: Important: the teleporting lava floor in the 1vs1 room has stopped to work.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue May 12, 2009 6:39 pm

OK, no offense but I have reached my limit on the village map. I don't mind to make what people want but it's constantly "I changed my mind" about everything. I have spent so much time coding special stuff or making things only to have the people change minds 180 degrees. The project was fun for a while but it's become a drag now. I'm not angry but it's just not fun anymore.

To wit: If anyone would like to take this project, you are welcome to it. I'll give you all my stuff and (as always) you can have the source code for the whole thing. I really want to move on though so if you take it, it's yours. I'd like to work on some server mod ideas I have had brewing for a bit.
Last edited by gopostal on Tue May 12, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue May 12, 2009 6:48 pm

My mantas were fine at the 1st beta release, but people started killing them in every possible way, It's not my fault if there are morons (please let me use the term this time) that just want to screw up things and we need to rebuild stuff (think of the pets, the end blocker, the mover exploit, the chimneys, and so on) just to prevent lamers; I'm sorry, I didn't want to offend you nor your work nor to sound harsh. If it's easier for you, just totally get rid of the pets, but please don't dump the whole project. :(

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue May 12, 2009 7:02 pm

POTS, I'm about to edit that previous post. It sounds directed at you and that is *NOT* the case at all.

I have spent a boatload of hours on that map and it's still riddled with errors. If you guys ask Supreme, you'll see it wasn't so much a reflection on my skill at mapping, just that I was trying to do too much. I have thrown the kitchen sink at that dang thing and still there are completely hidden bsp errors, major flaws, things broken for no reason (like the lava), etc. and honestly I'm tired of fighting it. I've learned a lot though about when people ask for one thing I need to plan for the opposite also. For instance the pets should never have been included. It's been a right PITA since the first one, but I had no idea people would want to kill them so badly no matter what :? It was a stupid idea on my part to try to add exclusivity to any area of a map. It's caused some division in the group (your house is nicer than mine) and that was totally unforseen. I really wanted to bring us together on this but competitiveness reared it's ugly head.

I think I'd like to do other projects to be honest. Herm has asked me for some code work and I think I'd like to update the Mayhem Mod to include a few other options. I'm also about to work on the Nexgen to try to tackle its problems too.

-SuPreMe-

Post by -SuPreMe- » Tue May 12, 2009 7:26 pm

I also think its a good idea to stop now when it comes the village.
Its got more than enough content and the pets and whining over them being killed is abit silly lets be honest lol.
They are just coded models running around a map.
I say if you want the pets ill just simply ask gopo to make them all invinsible or if hes had enough ill just stick all their health to 99999 then they cant be killed and if they are teletragged then too bad its not the end of the world.
As a whole i think the village is complete theres just one part im currently building and thats not gonna take long and after that is done then thats enough content wise, ill just ask gopo if he can do some final cleaning up work and we will say its complete.

Also i wanna get to work on the map me and jon started but never finished due to my lack of knowledge with unreal editor and jons disapearance.
you may remember the map it was gonna be a huge arena with each forum member as a monster in the map.
Now we have gopo im sure he will help me get the monsters sorted with his coding skills.
Im also planning on attaching the village to this map, just the village not the deadcity part.
Because hardly anyone actually plays the deadcity part lol and everytime i see DC fans in MHM3 they are on DC2 Remix.
Also i think the village would go nicely with this map as they are both MHM exclusives and there will be 2 different parts arena for fighting monsters and village for messing around and relaxing.
Not to forget having the village attached to deadcity has caused alot of technical problems as its just too much for one map.

your opinions please... :D

EDIT: heres a link to the old thread about the map (includes erly screenshots :D) viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1036
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}