MH-MHMDeadCity

Post all {MHM} related content here!
*POTS*

Re: MH-MHMDeadCity

Post by *POTS* » Tue May 12, 2009 7:42 pm

The Supreme One wrote:I also think its a good idea to stop now when it comes the village.
Its got more than enough content and the pets and whining over them being killed is abit silly lets be honest lol.
They are just coded models running around a map.
I say if you want the pets ill just simply ask gopo to make them all invinsible or if hes had enough ill just stick all their health to 99999 then they cant be killed and if they are teletragged then too bad its not the end of the world.
I think the overall pets' behaviour is fine right now, just set their health to an incredibly high value, like one million hitpoints and forget the serverlogs and the non-telefraggable issues: I've noticed that most of the naabs do not even attempt to telefrag monsters, they just spam the houses with the ghandi nuke, but I think they would give up with such a great health value after a short while, and anyway they would need the red translocator to telefrag pets and only Ice and Scify have that tloc in their houses, so the telefrag problem doesn't exist to me, and even if they manage to telefrag a monster or two, me and Reiyel can still summon them, or you guys can revote for the map, so please don't bother. :mrgreen:

The Supreme One wrote: Also i wanna get to work on my map i had in the works but never finished due to my lack of knowledge with unreal editor.
you may remember the map it was gonna be a huge arena with each forum member as a monster in the map.
Now we have gopo im sure he will help me get the monsters sorted with his coding skills.
Im also planning on attaching the village to this map, just the village not the deadcity part.
Because hardly anyone actually plays the deadcity part lol and everytime i see DC fans in MHM3 they are on DC2 Remix.
Also i think the village would go nicely with this map as they are both MHM exclusives and there will be 2 different parts arena for fighting monsters and village for messing around and relaxing.
Not to forget having the village attached to deadcity has caused alot of technical problems as its just too much for one map.

your opinions please... :D
Sounds like an interesting idea, if attaching the village to your map may cause less BSP errors and precaching troubles, why not? :D

The Supreme One wrote:Because hardly anyone actually plays the deadcity part lol and everytime i see DC fans in MHM3 they are on DC2 Remix.
They actually vote for DeadCity2+, the worst version ever released, and I had a request for the DeadCity3 map, but I don't know where to find it. :?
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue May 12, 2009 7:52 pm

*POTS* wrote: They actually vote for DeadCity2+, the worst version ever released, and I had a request for the DeadCity3 map, but I don't know where to find it. :?
I have it. I'll put it on the server now.

EDIT: Added.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue May 12, 2009 8:09 pm

gopostal wrote:
*POTS* wrote: They actually vote for DeadCity2+, the worst version ever released, and I had a request for the DeadCity3 map, but I don't know where to find it. :?
I have it. I'll put it on the server now.

EDIT: Added.
Thank you very much, since you're adding a new map please may you add also Vatcilli's fixed map JB-NaliAfterLives (available here as an attached file) and also MH-ArmedAssaultFix (available &id=21]here)?

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue May 12, 2009 8:30 pm

Going in now.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed May 13, 2009 7:31 am

POTS, as you asked for I recoded all the monster pets. They no longer log anything but they are totally and completely impervious now to anything. If they get in the way you will have to remove them with admin commands, but no one can harm them now in any way. I removed the weapon drop from every monster except Bio's inner sanctum cow so players can blast away at them and it's useless.

Supreme, I really like that idea you have. There are a couple of things you might change before porting the village over, but I'll get you nudged in the right direction. If you are careful, all the mutate commands will still work the same.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed May 13, 2009 6:43 pm

Thank you very much gopo, I think this is the best possible solution for everyone.

One more thing: may you add a monster blocker exactly where each "mutate" teleporter is located? I'm telling you this because I'm thinking of those monsters that randomly take up that particular spot and either telefrag you or prevent you from entering your own house or the village.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed May 13, 2009 6:59 pm

Thats the downside to unkillable. Even with blockers these things are going to get everywhere now. Once people start nuking them around, I can't help you. You'll have to admin them in and out. The blockers will only work for them if they are under their own power. If they are deemer bounced into where they shouldn't be it wont help.

POTS, honestly should we just pull the map off? I know it has problems and issues, and it didn't really turn out like I wanted, but is it ultimately playable?

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed May 13, 2009 7:09 pm

I think maybe we could totally remove the DeadCity part and maintain just the village as a playground, so the map would be smaller in size and we would have less troubles. I really don't like the idea of totally dump the project, because I know you've spent a lot of time and efforts on this map (not to forget about Supreme's help), plus we guys are kinda fond of the village, it's like our home. :roll: :(

Another possibility might be to remove both the Ghandinators and the Redeemers.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed May 13, 2009 7:27 pm

That might be a do-able thing. I could keep the spawn room of the deadcity and dump the rest.

Scify

Post by Scify » Wed May 13, 2009 9:16 pm

Gopo Thank you for hard work and Supreme too.
You every want use those cat eye reskinned HellKrall for other maps MH with original program . They are yours Creation so feel free to use them 8) 8) 8)
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed May 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Thank you Sci. I'd look for those to make another appearance in one of my next maps, only the next time I think they might not be so friendly ;)

Guys I took POTS advice and stripped the dead city out of the village. It dropped the map to half the size and cleared a bunch of the errors. It's posted as MH-MHMVillage{beta} and is available on the server. For now the other village map is still on, but I aim to remove that one if this is good.

The new village map is just for fun. There is no monsterend now (no real place to put one) so youll have to vote out of it. You'll spawn in the waiting room, so warp down.

Lets all get behind Supreme on his rework. I got a chance to preview it and he has some exciting ideas for things. It will be fun to see what direction he goes in with it :D

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed May 13, 2009 10:59 pm

Thanks gopo, hopefully I'll be able to test both the maps tomorrow. Till then please do not remove the old map. :wink:

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed May 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Its not removed, but you wont see it in the maplist. Its named XMH-MHMDeadCityblahblah in the interim. Takes like 2 seconds to change back if the new version isn't good.

Scify

Post by Scify » Wed May 13, 2009 11:08 pm

I wish I could help with this mapping.I know nothing :cry: :cry: :cry: Supreme need somebody to test it . I am willing do that 8) 8) 8)

Scify

Post by Scify » Thu May 14, 2009 2:24 am

I got good look at it. I got door like Supreme. IT Geeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaat
Pets are fine