MH-MHMDeadCity

Post all {MHM} related content here!
gopostal

MH-MHMDeadCity

Post by gopostal » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:16 am

OK, new thread time. Been discussing it with a couple people and here is where it's at:

Gonna remove the tunnels cause they suck. It will be replaced with large "park" with cottages dotted around. Access to the park will be restricted to people with the proper passcode (ill get into that later. need to script it first).

What I'd like from you guys is to take a look at mh-winter. I "borrowed" :wink: the cottage from there, so each person will get one to decorate as they wish. Each cottage will have a locked door that only you can open if it is yours. Now please if you are interested, let me know. Once the "park" is set I wont be able to keep adding houses. This area will not be game relevant, and other non-members will be able to see it via a tunnel (as in remix glass enclosure to start the zombies) but not go in unless they have the pass key.

Also any ideas on the main city additions are welcome. I'm retexturing it all so it wont be boring. Any mappers that would like to help, please let me know!

*POTS*

Re: MH-MHMDeadCity

Post by *POTS* » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Please add a secret room or a corridor full of wooden boxes, someone that I know loves breaking boxes. :mrgreen: Think of a map named MH-uza2, well something like that.
Plain Old Telephone Service

-SuPreMe-
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by -SuPreMe- » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:13 pm

i demand slopes, each with a metal box at the bottom and a ripper :D
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:54 pm

OK i made this whole village and frankly it sucked. Also it takes the ed like 5 minutes a build too.

Everyone knows deadcity by now. Whatever spot you want for yours, let me know. I'll pull the monsters and add doors where they need to be. I can even add areas to existing buildings if need be.

Also a member would like to add a hall of fame to the end of the map. I'll include either an avatar shot, personal shot, or any jpg you'd like in your "frame" if you want to be included. Just let me know.

Ice

Post by Ice » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:22 pm

The map is actually called Kasu2 pots :P
<3 boxes xD

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:31 pm

Got it. You'll be able to find Ice's house. Look for the crates. :D

A little preview of the MHM village. Still needs some heavy texturing:

Ice

Post by Ice » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:46 pm

:) looks good so far
cant wait until your done :D

Reiyel_3.0

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:54 pm

I also demand my house :lol:

I'll send you by PM all the goodies I'd like for it :mrgreen:
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Con una condición: que me dejes abierto el balcón de tus ojos de gata

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:28 am

Looks awesome!
I really look forward to play it! :mrgreen:

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:40 am

Spawn room:

Tonight I will post up a simple map you can install to walk around a sample cottage and decide how you want it decorated. Also would everyone like "keys" to their houses or just leave them open to MHM members?

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:53 am

I think open is okay so other people can check it out to from the inside.

BiGbOsS

Post by BiGbOsS » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:23 am

The Supreme One wrote:i demand slopes, each with a metal box at the bottom and a ripper :D
I second this demand!
what was it called? crap i cant remember, metal box surfing?
I need to play arden again....
Are we still using zombies? those texture dont look very zombieish, that map looks like and sounds like its more like "the MHM players and zombies go to the circus" instead of a "Deadcity" or a zombie type of map.
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

-SuPreMe-

Post by -SuPreMe- » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:10 pm

i think the house idea is pretty cool and original also id like to be on the hall of fame :D ill send screenshots via pm eventually
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:13 pm

Wow BB.....You are totally right. I maybe lost sight of the idea of the map. I was trying to update it from bland to urban, but it may tend to lose something in that conversion...I'll have to keep that in mind and maybe select darker, grittier texturing. Thanks!

As an aside, the MHM village is going to be accessible only by the people who have houses there. As far as I know no one has ever done this on a map for any gametype. I scripted up a mod last night that will set passwords for each person and once they have it they can call it anytime and warp to their house (or a central courtyard, haven't gotten it all worked out yet). The passwords will be saved as a server ini file so even if someone decompiles the map and mod, they still will not have the passwords, and if one is accidentally lost or shared, it can be replaced in seconds. There will also be a guest password that warps you into a sally port in the village but it will require a member to open the door from the village side to let the guest in. Anyone can uncache the map and see your house offline, but online it will be locked down.
Also I will set a switch that effectively blocks the monsterend from being accessible until the members allow it so if you are chilling in the village someone can't drop in and end the map on you.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:17 pm

Ok for you guys that are interested...Here is a walkthrough of the basic house. Walk around inside, jot down some notes (or even edit the map :D ) and let me know what you want. To play this, simply unzip it, drop it into your map folder, and select the map in a DM game with no bots. This way you can see whats there. And yes I do know the TV is backwards :shock:
DM-TestCottage.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.