{MHMIV} MHM's People vs People Corner!!!

Post all {MHM} related content here!
Reiyel_3.0
NoMoreSpam: Silver

{MHMIV} MHM's People vs People Corner!!!

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Sun May 17, 2009 5:14 pm

Well, we have now a new MHM server!

IP: 66.55.142.221:7777

Mods: DM, iDM, JB, and CTF

Only People vs People and only for regulars!
You can update's other people's account very easy using Nexgen so they can join.

But it's open for all of us

Admins: All MHM3's admins!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Con una condición: que me dejes abierto el balcón de tus ojos de gata

gopostal

Re: {MHMIV} MHM's People vs People Corner!!!

Post by gopostal » Sun May 17, 2009 8:07 pm

I'd like to take a moment and explain a couple of issues so everything is clear. Yes, you all have admin powers on the DM server. No, this is not admin on all the servers. Most major clans run several clanmatch servers where the entire roster has admin powers. It makes it easy for players to adjust the server for what they want to play. So long as this is not an issue with abuse or "I'll just test this" it should be fine.

DO:
1) Add VIP (and VIP only) accounts for anyone randomly joining that seems to be someone we might enjoy playing with on the DM server. If they misbehave or don't play fair, or otherwise break rules then simply adjust them from VIP back to <default>. If they complain, mute them. Do NOT be afraid to admin a server.
2) Add or remove bots as you desire.
3) Enjoy yourself and feel free to use the server at your convenience.

DONT:
1) Exceed 10 total players on the server at any one time. Joining players will bump bots off, so don't just hammer the ADDBOTS button.
2) Play with any settings in the Nexgen console unless you understand whats going on. I'll be happy to hold a simple class if anyone has questions.
3) Add mutators or mess with the boot section of nexgen. It's not used the way I run it. Mapvote handles all that.

Please have fun with this server guys. I hope it makes a good spot for alternative play when you need to get that player gib fix :twisted:

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Mon May 18, 2009 4:57 am

This is just awesome! :mrgreen:

If we want a break from MH we go to this server :D

And btw: I see now CTF or TMH added?

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon May 18, 2009 7:46 am

TMH is added and running correctly on III. I will be adding CTF as the fourth gametype on IV. I'll try to get that tonight.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Mon May 18, 2009 9:17 am

I notice an option for "Custom" player account, would it be possible for me to just create a custom account with "can play on server" privilege?

This may sound strange but to me, VIP sounds a bit overkill for just letting someone play.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon May 18, 2009 9:26 am

Yeah it can be done but adding custom accounts makes it harder for people to learn how to add someone. Upgrading a standard account is pretty straightforward.

BTW since we are discussing the DM server setup, do you guys want any mods added or made? instaDM with radar :twisted: ?

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Mon May 18, 2009 9:57 am

About the InstaDM radar, I'm not in for that :?
Because if you have a 1vs1 match, the other player knows exactly where you are.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon May 18, 2009 12:57 pm

I want an anti-whining mod... and MultiCTF maybe, but no-one seems to be interested in MCTF.

Ok now seriously:
:arrow: we need the three bonus packs (Bonus Pack 1 + 3 + 4) to be installed and added in the server packages list, because they have bonus maps and skins. I don't care about the second bonus pack, because it's troublesome;
:arrow: the bot skill needs badly to be upgraded IMO, if you can you should set it to level 4 (level 0 = novice; level 7 = godlike). With their current skill they either got stuck in corridors or block elevators, and they're frags for free.
:arrow: since we have decided NOT to use the Valhalla Avatar on MHMIV, we should install a few custom skins (like Scify's Rumiko Pirate for example).
Plain Old Telephone Service

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Mon May 18, 2009 1:16 pm

gopostal wrote:Yeah it can be done but adding custom accounts makes it harder for people to learn how to add someone.
Well, I've already been taught how, and it's unlikely I'll spend alot of time there anyway :)

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Mon May 18, 2009 1:22 pm

*POTS* wrote: :arrow: since we have decided NOT to use the Valhalla Avatar on MHMIV, we should install a few custom skins (like Scify's Rumiko Pirate for example).
And the {MHM} Team skin!
Which we probably still don't have on the MHMIII server.. :roll:

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon May 18, 2009 2:15 pm

I've made the bots auto-adjust skill level. They were actually set at level 4, but I think a lot of the maps just aren't botpathed very well, and the JB is hard for them unless the map is VERY well done.

See if that helps in DM and let me know. BTW I still have the MHM teamskin if you guys want to pull it out of mothballs.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon May 18, 2009 2:33 pm

gopostal wrote:BTW I still have the MHM teamskin if you guys want to pull it out of mothballs.
Sure. Please don't forget to add also:
:arrow: my Necris Trainee skin and
:arrow: Scify's Rumiko model + Rumiko Pirate skin
:arrow: Here's Scify's voicepack: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1367

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon May 18, 2009 6:49 pm

Are you sure you want to head down this road? In two weeks there will be 12 skins, 6 voicepacks, and half as many models forced from the server along with everything else.

It's just an alternative DM server for fun. We really should keep it simple.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon May 18, 2009 7:21 pm

Hmm, well, let me think... No custom skins/voicepacks then, but you can still do me a favour by adding the following line:

ServerPackages=GothSkins

It's a default texture pack so the download is NOT required.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon May 18, 2009 8:07 pm

POTS don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to discuss this. If the group wants skins, I'll do it. Frankly I'm just looking for simplicity for me. Once I have to start editing package lines and adding all that it can get involved because one will start two and so forth. I'm kinda at the limit of my time now with running things.