Monster Hunt Mayhem III - Suggestions

Post all {MHM} related content here!
BIOMECH
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Monster Hunt Mayhem III - Suggestions

Post by BIOMECH » Sat May 01, 2010 5:18 am

Personally, I like the server as it is, and the people who ask for relics and translocators are a mixture of the inexperienced and the unskilled.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat May 01, 2010 8:30 am

I'm gonna have to agree with bio completely here.Unless there is a hugely compelling need, don't change anything. Your mod will never "fit" with all players and all maps and all situations. No matter what changes you make something will always be "worse" when something else is "better". You have a pretty good setup from what I've played. I'd leave it alone.

Instead what you should concentrate on is listing things you dislike and letting me get at them via the mod itself (like ammo caps you mentioned). I know there are things you'd like altered so let me do it via coding. If you try to fix it by altering settings, you oftentimes end up chasing your tail.

On strongmonsters...If it's too easy, crank that bad boy up some more. I can guarantee you it won't be easy on higher settings.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat May 01, 2010 5:31 pm

OK I restored the previous settings.

As for the StrongMonsters, this is what I'm currently using:

Code: Select all

[MonsterHunt2v1.MHPoweredMonster]
StrongLevel=5
DrawScaleMultiplier=5
ExcludeMaps[0]=
ExcludeMaps[1]=
*etc. etc.*
ExcludeMaps[126]=
ExcludeMaps[127]=
PowerUpPercent=150.000000
maxMonsterHealth=50000.000000
What's the hardest level I can set? I'm quite sure it depends also on the map: I mean large, open maps with no everspawning monsters or old maps with just a few monsters could be easier. Maybe I should add Andromeda Ancient to the list and see what happens. :twisted:
Plain Old Telephone Service