{MHMIV} is now a Private Server - Not!

Post all {MHM} related content here!
*POTS*

{MHMIV} is now a Private Server - Not!

Post by *POTS* » Mon May 17, 2010 9:49 pm

Today I was checking the logs and I noticed some random players joined the server. One of them in particular was swearing the whole time, accusing the others of cheating and talking crap.

I got a private message from Rei, and I doubt we will see him in the near future, so I decided to put a password to the server and make it private. I'll send a PM to some of the members in here, then feel free to share it with your friends. Just don't make it public.

This will solve all problems related to:

- cheaters
- aimbotters
- whiners
- foul language users
- lamers
- noobs
- campers
- pro players
- etc. etc.

once and for all.
Yeah I know it sucks, but I'm left on my own taking care of two servers, and I really can't go on like that for long, plus having to deal with a DM server is really not in my intentions. Sorry guys.
Last edited by *POTS* on Wed May 19, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: {MHMIV} is now a Private Server

Post by Hermskii » Mon May 17, 2010 10:14 pm

I would take that password back off my friend. Passwords kill servers. Let's let this one live! Please. Really. Try to find another way. More Admins, cuss blockers, clear rules when joining. You know, stuff like that. This is JUST MY OPINION. Quick look! How players on the server right now? See!
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon May 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Hermskii wrote:More Admins
Rei is vanished, Fuzz is busy with his server, MEAT is busy with his server, you are busy with your servers and this forum, Hook is busy with his servers and forum, gopostal is busy with every thing from mapping to coding to adminning etc. etc. and the only active members on that server are Supreme, HellFire, Biomech, Supa_Angel and Marko.
Hermskii wrote: cuss blockers
May configure that, but it's annoying at times and if you really want to bypass it, you can.
Hermskii wrote: clear rules when joining
BTW I may have to remove those Spanish rules. People will start thinking this is a Mexican server or so, but nobody but Rei in here can speak Spanish, and well Rei is no longer available.

Oh and what about anticheat stuff? This is gonna be a pain to configure and set-up etc. etc.
Hermskii wrote: Quick look! How players on the server right now? See!
I know, but I never wanted it to a public, successfull server, this is more like a community-server just for members and their friends.

I wish I had that MH Nexgen, you can set a password that grants access only to VIP members and above. At least that's what they're using for one of their servers.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue May 18, 2010 8:06 am

Pots, please take off the password. I'll handle the DM server from here on to ease your load. Nexgen can be configured to force non-members to wait to be accepted to play and I'll set it up that way. You will always have jerks come on server but they only come once. It's part of admin.

I'll post up this afternoon when the server is configured. I'm heading to work but I'll hit it as soon as I get home.

Pots don't get stressed bro, ask for help. I'm always available for you. If you could, please ping me around our usual time and I'll discuss the anticheat I'm going to put on the server.

Gregwards
Location: here......or maybe over there.........no here is good

Post by Gregwards » Tue May 18, 2010 9:06 am

im not too good with servers and stuff but is there a mod or something that would allow you to kick non-VIP players only from the server? all kicks should be logged and if anyone does abuse it then a message on this fourm could be sent explaining this and that etc. just an idea dont know if a mod like this actually exists or if it is possible.
Im now a fully qualified computer person lol

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue May 18, 2010 9:34 am

Since MHM4 is really more of a "clan" server, I'll set it up that way. I'm going to create a seperate level called "Trusted" and allow certain rights to everyone (like kicking and banning and muting) that is a trusted player. I'll outline it all in a post and add it to the server rules. If you are unsure how to use these features I'll do a quick school on them this weekend on-server or at your discretion.

We all have a responsibility to police the server, it shouldn't have to fall to one or two. More later tonight....

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Tue May 18, 2010 9:49 am

Hey you guys, if you need any help at all with somthing I can lend a hand. Haven't visited in while due to work but im still around. I have nexgen installled on my server and if any of you admins want to play with its configuration I can make that happen.

....which reminds me I have a question about my server.... "Starts walking back to the forum index".....
--- END OF LINE ---

-SuPreMe-

Post by -SuPreMe- » Tue May 18, 2010 11:06 am

Hmm this came out of no where, I think passwording the server is a bad idea considering we have had dU guests a few times.

What has happend to Rei has he lost access to internet or lost interest?

Your doing well POTS just dont give up lol
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Tue May 18, 2010 1:01 pm

Indeed, variety is the spice of life as they say. I like it when we find the odd random player to practice on, and passwords would seriously interfere with guests. The occasional jerk is only to be expected, and doesn't really matter as long as we have some way to kick them.

Besides, it's funny when this kind of thing happens. We get all our "hey remember that time when... :lol: " moments from 'bad' stuff happening.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue May 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Well Rei sent me a private message saying he won't be able to stay around any more because of some unknown private reasons. I really have no idea what's going on, I just hope he's fine. He also told me he wanted to drop his admin status and leave everything in my hands. All of this out of the blue, I've sent him a message but got no reply yet.

I appreciate your help though, and I'll remove the password, then we can discuss about moderators, trusted members and stuff like that if you want.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue May 18, 2010 5:20 pm

Overnite tonight I'll pull a copy of MHM3, just in case he's done. Worst case scenario we upload MHM3 to the testserver and it lives on there.

The MHM4 server will be down in a little bit while I do some changes. There will be a password for a bit when it comes back up so I can test the anticheat and settings.

Pots I'm around now and will be all evening even though my msn will say offline.