MHM4 updates, if you play there please read

Post all {MHM} related content here!
gopostal

MHM4 updates, if you play there please read

Post by gopostal » Tue May 18, 2010 9:04 pm

MHM4 has been fully updated and is back up. There are a bunch of changes so let me highlight the important parts.

VIP slot has been replaced with [Trusted]. All players who are known and OK will be granted this rank. Everyone is allowed to kick, ban,rename, and mute anyone coming onto the server and creating issues. All admin actions are logged though, so do not abuse this or "play" with it. Pots will not look kindly upon having to purge the admin log of a bunch of useless crap. This is your server guys, take care of it and police the idiots if they won't listen. If you don't understand nexgen, please let me know. I'd be happy to spend a few minutes and show you. It's very simple, and you will feel empowered by learning it. Enforce the rules guys, it's everyone's responsibility.

Also the server now has anticheat. You will see a slight lag as you join because the server will check your package loadout as well as do a quick look at you. Once this is done, it will do a much smaller random check as you play too. None of this will affect you much, so you may not notice it at all. Be warned that if you cheat and you are caught, you are going to be discussed openly.

I hope you guys enjoy the new stuff. It should enhance the server and help deal with the minor problems we have seen lately.

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: MHM4 updates, if you play there please read

Post by Hermskii » Tue May 18, 2010 9:10 pm

That was a nice piece of work there GOPO. Good going.

POTS: Settle the hell down or you will freak out. Need help? Ask for it. Stop Tweaking. Write a list of stuff to do and then only do it on the weekends. You can't please everyone or yourself all of the time. I personally aim for please everyone a little more than half the time. I keep the bar low. More than 1/2 the people are happy and I never work too hard. Peace!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Tue May 18, 2010 9:16 pm

I meant to say that you are doing a great job too POTS. I forgot when I fell off my soapbox and hit my head. Sorry. Hang in there. Keep it up. Settle down. Peace.
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue May 18, 2010 9:24 pm

That's a great job Gopo, as usual of course! Thanks very much!

@ Hermskii: I already stopped tweaking the MHM4 server, but if I find a bad map on MHM3 I really need to remove it from the list ASAP otherwise I might forget about it.
The heck you have no idea how many crap, spammy, broken, beta_version, cubic, laggy, renamed_version, ugly maps I've dumped so far.
Thanks for your suggestions and all Herm!

P.S. As regards the anticheat stuff, if any of you guys is using the SkinChanger, I think that counts as a cheat too, so you may have to remove it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue May 18, 2010 9:54 pm

Try it and see? Of course it's not going to be a witchhunt. If something triggers the AC, I can tell what it is. Try anything and report back if it won't and I'll see what I can do.