MHM3 update

Post all {MHM} related content here!
gopostal

MHM3 update

Post by gopostal » Sun May 30, 2010 9:54 am

As most of you know I've shut down my UT stuff. I'm moving on to some other work and leaving most of gaming and all of UT dev. I've done all I really set out to do and I'm happy now with my contributions to the game.

As a parting request Pots has asked me to do an update to mhm3's controller. How can I possibly say no to him? He sent me a changelog and I spent the night recoding. Attached is the changes made, as well as a couple still left to do (as soon as I hear from him). Take a moment and look at the list and tell me if anything is missing. This is your chance to get stuff done because when I close the book on this update, I will be done and leaving the building. It's been a hell of a ride, but I've had a MASSIVE scare with one of my kids and it put things in perspective for me. I spent too much time staring at a screen and not enough time being a dad. Time to fix that.

Here is the changelog:
POTS.rtf
Also, he has asked that a tile be added to the HUD. Here is a sample one from KillerBee's mod:
HUDIconMHM.zip
I can include this on the HUD and also in full color if you like (see hitmans server for an example). This tile can be done any way you like: logos, text, whatever so long as you don't change the size. Feel free to whip up some and let Pots decide a winner.

Guys I'll be on this for today then there is a steep decline after that for my time. Let's get this decided and done if you would.

EDIT: Just fixed unreal health. What a stupid error caused that. Oi...I'm such a tard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BIOMECH
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: MHM3 update

Post by BIOMECH » Sun May 30, 2010 11:03 am

Yeah, you've done good over the years, and things are going to be strange without you around. "ask gopo" has been one of those classic sayings. Anyhow, I do have one question I'd like to ask, just because I will be forever wondering if I don't take the opportunity.

Could health and/or ammo be made to regenerate faster while feigning death? Something like a rest mode. It's been on my mind for awhile now so I might as well ask, if just to satisfy my curiosity.

Enjoy your retirement :mrgreen:

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun May 30, 2010 11:20 am

If you look at the rtf you'll see it's now added. Whatever you set the regen health rate at will triple while you are feigning death (napping). I tested this a bit and I rather like it to be honest. It adds a nice "resting" feature and with the associated time it takes to get up you can't really abuse it badly in a fight. Good idea that works well in usage.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun May 30, 2010 11:55 am

Good, good and good! You made even more than I thought to be honest!

Just a couple of things:

1 - The MHM logo should be the same Hermskii's using on his MHM server, because I noticed those other custom logos don't work well if the client has translucence enabled, plus I don't like them very much. I'm not sure but I hope you still have the source for that logo, if not I'll make an in-game screenshot and resize it for you;

2 - The Explosive CrossBow is a crap and buggy weapon, I think the Combat Assault Rifle from Xidia is way better (the only problem is the secondary fire not reloading ammo, but it could be replaced with a scope for example). I'll attach the package with the weapon;

3 - Is it possible to embed the DoubleEnforcers mutator into the MH2 mod? I'll post a link with the mutator.

The rest is simply perfect to me, and your explanations are crystal clear.

CombatAssaultRifle
DoubleEnforcers
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun May 30, 2010 12:02 pm

Pots I put a tester version into the folder with both our names on it on the ftp. (its v2)

I'll catch up in a couple hours, we are going out for pizza. This is not the final so dont post it yet. Look at the ini for new lines in the first section.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun May 30, 2010 12:08 pm

Roger that! BTW the class for the C.A.R. is UTMHpack.XidiaCarRifle

BIOMECH
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by BIOMECH » Sun May 30, 2010 12:50 pm

gopostal wrote:Whatever you set the regen health rate at will triple while you are feigning death (napping). I tested this a bit and I rather like it to be honest.
Thanks, both for the praise and for implementing it. I'm assuming it was POTS who brought it up so thanks to him as well. :wink:

Yeah...I'm just happy to see my idea went somewhere.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun May 30, 2010 1:04 pm

BIO usually has unusual ideas, and gopo makes his dreams come true. :mrgreen:

P.S. Hmm I think I can't access to that FTP folder any more... :?

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun May 30, 2010 2:17 pm

My bad. They are in your home folder now. I'm going to bang around a bit more to finish it up then it will be ready for a server test.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun May 30, 2010 2:23 pm

Got it, thanks! I'll give it a try off-line in the meanwhile.

[Edit]
Done! I have to say the Unreal1 health is finally working as well as the Dispersion Pistol. Those two things alone are worth the update!
Plus now we have underwater health regeneration (3 units per second) and "feign-death" health regeneration (9 units per second). Anyway this makes death by drowning impossible from now on, so be aware of that.

Just a minor bug I've found: the "bGiveArmor" line for the armor award at start is not working. The player collision thing needs on-line testing unfortunately.
Last edited by *POTS* on Sun May 30, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun May 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Finished mod is on your folder now. This one is ready for full testing. There is a marked decrease in size as the warhead stuff is all taken out.

I didn't add the car rifle, I don't like the way its coded. I think it will cause more problems than it will solve. The double enforcers is fine to use as an extra mod. I don't want to include it because the enforcer is a default weapon and messing with it might have unintended consequences.

Do you see the lines:
CommandOpen=open
CommandClose=close
GiveDispersionPistol=True
in the ini? Those three are new as well as bDropWeaponsOnDeath will now work.

I added a color tile for MHM3 and scooted it over to above the player lists. Looks nice there. If you want we can test this out on the private server, but I think it's good enough to fully run. If there are problems it can be dealt with.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun May 30, 2010 3:31 pm

Oh wow you posted one sec earlier than me. I tested the v2 version and it works all great except for the Armor Award line not working in the INI. See my above post.

[Edit]
Never mind I won't use that option anyways. I'm gonna upload the new mod on the server for testing as soon as I finish eat something.
Last edited by *POTS* on Sun May 30, 2010 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun May 30, 2010 3:42 pm

Fixed and updated into your folder. Lets test this on server tonight, either mine or yours.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun May 30, 2010 3:48 pm

Oh my... you rusher! OK I got it gimme a few minutes. :mrgreen:

[Edit]
The mod is on the MHM3 server now. I hope I haven't skipped some lines when editing the files...

[Edit#2]
Looks like the Dispersion Pistol has suddenly stopped working on-line (it used to work fine off-line). I mean you can select the weapon but it doesn't shoot at all. This is weird, any ideas?

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun May 30, 2010 4:11 pm

I probably did, but I'll probably fix them if so :oops:

Pots I played but the dispersion doesn't work online. I'll try adding a server package line. Everything else looks pretty good so far.