Farewell MHMIV!

Post all {MHM} related content here!
*POTS*

Farewell MHMIV!

Post by *POTS* » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:54 am

As you guys/gals may have noticed, gopo is about to leave the UT world for good
(if not, just read here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2312)

Well you probably don't know this, but Rei privately told me he was tired of being an admin and asked me to take care of both MHM3 and MHM4 at the same time, leaving me also the ownership of the two servers. With one word, he just wanted to pay for the servers and that's all.

Now the problem is MHM4 was registered on gopostal's account and GameServers do NOT allow you to transfer the ownership of a server, plus the server was payed only until the end of May or so.

To sum it up, Rei didn't want to be an admin, gopostal has his own personal reasons for leaving the UT community, and as regards me I really didn't like the idea of having to deal with two servers at once all by myself, not to mention that Rei could had afford to pay for both of them for no longer than a couple of months or so.

Anyway don't be upset, I have a "Plan-B", that is trying to convince Hook to install the ZeroPing mutator and (maybe) the JailBreak mod on Lucifur's server.
Lucifur is a friend of Hook's and he runs a very good multi-mod server featuring DM, CTF, iDM, BT, AS, TDM and more:

CROSSBONES Lucifurs Den {CLD}(We Have It ALL)
:arrow: 8.3.5.64:7777

Yes I know it's not the same thing, but it's still better than a public server with lamers, naabs, "pros" and cheaters.

Well that's all for now, it just happened, we will have to live with that. Probably me and Rei underestimated this admin job, I don't know, but I just know a public announcement was necessary at this point.

Peace all.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hook
NoMoreSpam: Silver
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Re: Farewell MHMIV!

Post by Hook » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:52 pm

*POTS* wrote:Anyway don't be upset, I have a "Plan-B", that is trying to convince Hook to install the ZeroPing mutator and (maybe) the JailBreak mod on Lucifur's server.
Lucifur is a friend of Hook's and he runs a very good multi-mod server featuring DM, CTF, iDM, BT, AS, TDM and more:

CROSSBONES Lucifurs Den {CLD}(We Have It ALL)
:arrow: 8.3.5.64:7777

Yes I know it's not the same thing, but it's still better than a public server with lamers, naabs, "pros" and cheaters.
A few things...
1) I am in a similar situation with CLD as you are with MHMIII.
Basically Lucifur told me to do with it as you will and hope it becomes popular.
He pays for it and I run it - as he has other servers (2k4) that he runs by himself now.

2) I was just thinking about making some changes to CLD. :wink:
But, as it stands, CLD is a public server. :|

3) I will try to contact Lucifur about this but he is very hard to get in contact with. :|
If he doesn't respond, I will probably go ahead with your proposal anyway *POTS*, as like he said, do with it as you will and also My server is Your server - OUR server as he put it. :wink:

4) Thanks for thinking of me and using CLD! - I am honored! :D
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:57 pm

Thanks to you too Hook!
Anyway I saved a copy of the MHMIV server settings, just in case. :wink:
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Well, instead of using CLD in Place Of MHMIV we will soon be having an Old Favorite BACK that will not MERELY replace MHMIV!
(CLD as you know is Currently Running a few New Redeemer Mods for 2010, with Great Success) But...
Yep - CROSSBONES Kellerz Deathmatch {CKD} is Back! :P (The Old |WSP| Clan Server)
We are Currently Getting it RE-Set Up and it will soon be ready for Prime Time and Back to its Full former Glory that many players enjoyed and now miss and ask about.
{CKD}'s MapVote Columns, as follows, will Tentatively Feature...
Column 1 Title = DEATHMATCH
Column 2 Title = TEAM-DeathMatch + DOM
Column 3 Title = INSTA-Gib + Assault
Column 4 Title = Capture the Flag

Note: and I think Sniper Arena will also be coming!

Stay Tuned Folks! :wink:

Reiyel_3.0

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:49 am

Hook wrote:Well, instead of using CLD in Place Of MHMIV we will soon be having an Old Favorite BACK that will not MERELY replace MHMIV!
(CLD as you know is Currently Running a few New Redeemer Mods for 2010, with Great Success) But...
Yep - CROSSBONES Kellerz Deathmatch {CKD} is Back! :P (The Old |WSP| Clan Server)
We are Currently Getting it RE-Set Up and it will soon be ready for Prime Time and Back to its Full former Glory that many players enjoyed and now miss and ask about.

Kellerz's server is what inspired me on the first place to have a ppl vs ppl server on the first place. It was such a great server and the only suggestion I'll have to make for it is to add Zeroping.

So, I've been trying during the last few days to play on it but looks like the redirect is broken. Right now is still on the map DeadCogworks which is like 10 MB and with the redirect broken, it's a very very long download. Could you please check it out Hook?

Thanks!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Con una condición: que me dejes abierto el balcón de tus ojos de gata

Hook

Post by Hook » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Reiyel_3.0 wrote:
Hook wrote:Well, instead of using CLD in Place Of MHMIV we will soon be having an Old Favorite BACK that will not MERELY replace MHMIV!

Kellerz's server is what inspired me on the first place to have a ppl vs ppl server on the first place. It was such a great server and the only suggestion I'll have to make for it is to add Zeroping.

So, I've been trying during the last few days to play on it but looks like the redirect is broken. Right now is still on the map DeadCogworks which is like 10 MB and with the redirect broken, it's a very very long download. Could you please check it out Hook?

Thanks!
That is why I posted what I did here, because I knew you set up MHMIV to resurrect |WSP| CROSSBONES KillaKellerz Deathmatch.
Well, it is on its way to being back - still needs some things.
Like ZeroPing! :P (coming)

OK - I'll check the redirect out too!
Try Re-Connecting to the server if a DL is very slow. (sometimes works)
At first look it appears to be all set up good, but I will let Kellerz know also, as he set up the redirect he is using currently.

Reiyel_3.0

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:12 am

I have been playing on Kellerz's server last night. Had some fun fights against the u$ guys and I have to say they don't play bad.

The only thing I think it's important is to add ZP. When it was installed on MHM4 not even the players with 200+ ping complained about lag. I'm sure that, with it installed, more MHM'ers will start playing there since it has good maps and mods and the set up is very good.

Oh, and does it support Nalis and cows? That's kinda important for us too xD
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Con una condición: que me dejes abierto el balcón de tus ojos de gata

Hook

Post by Hook » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:37 pm

We'll look into that for you! :wink: