Check this

Post all {MHM} related content here!
BIOMECH
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Check this

Post by BIOMECH » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:48 pm

It pretty much comes down to how much anger-momentum Reiyel has, what factors were involved (and there are clearly ones at play beyond us messing around) and whether this happens again.

Myself, I don't think rei would have taken this so badly if it really had been just us playing. I suspect it was the presence of supa and spice that's making him embarrassed on behalf of the others. I know how that feels. :lol:

But supa doesn't seem to mind tooooo much...So maybe if we found spice and made up we could get things moving again. Cue epic quest through unknown lands. :P :roll:

Reiyel_3.0

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:20 pm

I have read all posts carefully and also some PM's I got from some people involved.

That is why I want to make some statements:

1) I am really sad about this. Guys and gals, for me is EXTREMELY important for you to respect the rules about cursing and sexual talk at all time. Why? Because there are many players who are kids and I don't want them to be exposed to that on a MHM server. MHM3 is not an adults only server.

2) I know you did not do this intentionally to disrespect me or the rest, but regardless that, and regardless any other specifical circumstances you gotta understand that what you did was wrong. Take this from someone who, being drunk, has done things only to regret badly later.

3) I also know the server is not a school or a workplace, but also, it is not an adults only server. That's why I do not demand you to "do your work" and kill monsters, you can chill and goof around all you want as long as you remember that there should be no cursing nor sexual talk on the server. I can take easy many things but I won't take this easy.

4) In other servers, for not playing regularly you will get warnings from admins like "if you want to talk go find a chat room", "play with the rest of the team", etc. I could not care less about that, even if someone has been boosted, it's not a big deal for me, in the end of the day like Supa said it is just a game. HOWEVER, cursing and sexual talk for me is like crossing a line, a line I thought was drawn very clearly. I even prefer cheating than this! Why? Read again my 1st point.

5) You know I made the cow Admin. I asked you to respect him. He even asked you several times to stop it and to moderate your language: you completely ignored him. How can I trust you again?

6) The server has not been shutted down. I never said it was gonna be down for a month. I never specified an exact amount of time.

7) Finally, I never wanted to be involved in this kind of things. I also DO NOT WANT to be involved with this. That is why I have always emphasized that I ONLY WANT TO BE THE ONE WHO PAYS FOR THE SERVER. I'm doing these things just because POTS is no longer here. However, I don't want to continue policing the server. POTS has been thinking about coming back. Perhaps we could agree on a new beginning agreeing this won't happen again and see if POTS still wants to come back.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Con una condición: que me dejes abierto el balcón de tus ojos de gata

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:08 pm

I'm in agreement with you on all points, but I think we're coming from different angles.

Yes you were right, but to lock the server and publicize the chat log? A PM to those involved saying not to do it at ANY time would have handled the situation as well. This was a good few weeks and the past and it was dug up and placed in an open to all area. Ways to make a situation worse...And server lockdown? That just creates a rift between us and makes it harder to meet up as we're scattered across servers which don't allow us to be us.

I'm not going against you here, as I said I agree on all points, I just think the reaction has made this much bigger, nastier, and more harmful to the community than it needed to be. You've made your position clear to all, and I'm asking you as a friend to stop doing this. Don't take this the wrong way: this isn't me asking you to back down or anything equally silly. This is me asking you to lower the gun and think about how this ends.

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:21 pm

The server has not been shutted down. I never said it was gonna be down for a month. I never specified an exact amount of time.
I just said a month because of what you said about thinking if it's worth paying another month for the server.

Anyways, regarding this situation, I would like to make a statement that will hopefully end this for awhile or completely...

We are a group of friends who know eachother fairly well (I think / hope) and we should be able to just think about later. Forget what happened in the past (even though almost always I'm against statements regarding the past...) and continue on with our gameplay and learn a little something from this. Actions and words hurt more than you know and consequences do exist and they don't only affect the people involved. This was a step back, but our relationships towards eachother shouldn't be tampered with because of this. Trust issues are eligable to get affected from this, but we shouldn't be mad at eachother.

Thanks for reading this. :wink:
I will either save you or kill you, convince me otherwise.

Battlestar555

Post by Battlestar555 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:18 am

Prowner wrote:
The server has not been shutted down. I never said it was gonna be down for a month. I never specified an exact amount of time.
I just said a month because of what you said about thinking if it's worth paying another month for the server.

Anyways, regarding this situation, I would like to make a statement that will hopefully end this for awhile or completely...

We are a group of friends who know eachother fairly well (I think / hope) and we should be able to just think about later. Forget what happened in the past (even though almost always I'm against statements regarding the past...) and continue on with our gameplay and learn a little something from this. Actions and words hurt more than you know and consequences do exist and they don't only affect the people involved. This was a step back, but our relationships towards eachother shouldn't be tampered with because of this. Trust issues are eligable to get affected from this, but we shouldn't be mad at eachother.

Thanks for reading this. :wink:
Yea, We have our up's and down's here but it is all going to be better at the end. We learn from our mistakes so we don't do that again. Nobody is perfect to avoid mistakes or make one. :!:

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:42 pm

I've sat and watched this whole thing play out. You guys *do* realize some of these posts are mirror images of the posts for the last couple of times this has happened...

Cue sad music: "I'm sorry, it won't happen again!"

But it does. Over and over. Rei you could have no rules on the server save "Don't vote for MH-Canyon" and I can promise you Canyon would be played every other map. There is a core group of the players (you know who you are) that just will not follow any rules, I don't care who you are. They disrespected Herm, Pots, Me, and now you.

Now before you get all fired up on me you guys remember I have read all the chat logs. I have (had) access to the server and made it a point to keep an eye on the chat. There were some absolutely horrible things said and it took great measure for me to stay out of the fray. Rest assured if Rei takes the time to comb the chat, he's going to find far more offensive stuff than he posted here.

So now I'd like to offer a solution. Rei, you are welcome to come over to UM. Hitty was asking for someone to run the Insta server and you would do great with that. You've played there, you know what type of people are regulars. Drop into teamspeak and chat with us some. I promise you you'll like what you find there. No drama, no crap, none of this retarded BS ever again. You are welcome to bring your MH server if you want, I'll pimp it out with any combination of the current goodies you desire. You can leave the disrespect behind and start with a better group. It's your call. You are a good guy and a good player. With the right people around, you'll remember why you liked the game so much before it became such a PITA.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:05 pm

someone to run the Insta server
Rei doesn't Want to run a server - if I am not mistaken. :roll:
He wants his server run is all and run good.
And no one needs to go to UM either. LOL :lol: (run away to another UT site) :|
UM will eventually have the same problems as every other UT site has had - when the "Honeymoon" is over I suspect. :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:09 am

Run away? Nice choice of words. If someone mistreats you, then avoiding them makes you a coward? It's a simple matter of choosing the best option for yourself given the circumstances, nothing more. I see no reason for Rei's hand to be bitten any more. I've been there, it sucks, and it will happen again.

As for the honeymoon thought...well we happen to like being the "misfits". It's a matter of pride that so many castoffs from other places came together and formed a solid group. It's the perfect combination of talent and knowledge. We are having an absolute blast with no regards for ranking. I was telling Pots the other day that this just feels like 2002 all over again.

Case-in-point: Our relics system has the ability (read: flaw) to toss a relic and then pick it up again, resetting its timer. I am busy with another project and I probably won't fix it for a week or so but I have yet to see a single person cheat the relics. The UM players respect the stats leaderboard and no one would cut corners to get higher on it. It's like that with everything. I don't care who you are, if you join someone is going to say hello and someone else is going to toss you a deemer.

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:50 am

gopostal wrote:So now I'd like to offer a solution. Rei, you are welcome to come over to UM.
Did you seriously just write this down here on this forum?
Unbelievable, I can't believe I really read this.

IF Rei wants to leave this community I think he can think for himself.
You know how it looks like that you just come in with a post and ask him to join UM?

Rei is here for god knows how long and even after the happening he won't go away, he knows we DO like him and DO respect him, don't come here just to advertise and talk BS about us as always...

UM already ''stole'' enough members :wink:
Last edited by -HellFire- on Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Battlestar555

Post by Battlestar555 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:52 am

gopostal wrote: So now I'd like to offer a solution. Rei, you are welcome to come over to UM. Hitty was asking for someone to run the Insta server and you would do great with that. You've played there, you know what type of people are regulars. Drop into teamspeak and chat with us some. I promise you you'll like what you find there. No drama, no crap, none of this retarded BS ever again. You are welcome to bring your MH server if you want, I'll pimp it out with any combination of the current goodies you desire. You can leave the disrespect behind and start with a better group. It's your call. You are a good guy and a good player. With the right people around, you'll remember why you liked the game so much before it became such a PITA.
:shock: :shock: HOW IS THAT A SOLUTION YOU ARE JUST COMING IN HERE WATCHING THIS PROBLEM TRYING TO GET SOLVED OUT AND TRY TO TELL REI TO JUST QUIT AND RUN ONE OF UM's SERVER!!! :evil: :evil: THAT IS ALL I AM GOING TO SAY RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I RAN OUT OF TIME!! :shock: :shock:

-SuPreMe-

Post by -SuPreMe- » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:44 am

Why do u need to come here and play mr high and mighty gopo, and pretty blatently badmouth members here. Then go on to try and bait one of us to run away to UM, making UM out to be some kind of haven, which from my experience on the MH server was rude rushers with overpowered sniper rifles finishing every map in 5minutes.

Thats probly wat it did feel like back in 2002 after all, mindless rushers...

Like many have said before me "its just a game"
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:37 pm

And the world collapses around me. Again.
This keeps happening...I could almost laugh if it wasn't so god-damned depressing.

Things seem okay, then we get an event which is totally out of control. Then someone reacts to to it with more force than neccesary. Then we get a forum rift. Then gopo comes in and denounces us all. Then people attack him. Then everything gets ugly and we have some major change, usually with permanent scarring as a result. Things stabilise of the cataclysm...Then a while later it all repeats.

Why must this happen every few months? It beggars belief that we have this routine so often and with so few changes. Now I think we're actually staring into the face of our own destruction. All I can say to rei and gopo is that I'm frustrated by this as well. All I want now is for things to return to the way they were and for this to never happen again. To that effect, I stand by my belief that there is ALWAYS an opportunity to learn or improve.

If hellfy and supreme had stayed calm would this have happened? No. If I hadn't been so gutless and just muted them when I realised they were drunk/high would this have happened? No. If reiyel had sent PMs to those involved instead of a password and forum thread would this have been solved quietly? Yes. If gopostal hadn't come in to denounce us and try to break us up would this have ended well? Quite possibly. If the others hadn't attacked him in return could we have avoided the large and painful argument I see coming? Quite possibly.

No I'm not just assigning to blame to everyone else. Note that I could have stopped this at the time it was happening and I failed. What I'm doing is saying that almost everyone has contributed to this becoming the huge thing it now is. There is not some kind of destiny that makes us so unreliable and argument-prone. Everyone has had some kind of control over making this what it is, and all it takes to solve is change, even if only one or two people do. I know what I should have done and can remember that the next time something like this happens. One down.

I'm painfully aware of how many times I've said that, but with pots moving away and even the possible threat of losing reiyel as well, I think being sincere about this is the only true option. Say what you like, but I do care and I've now tried my best.

Reiyel_3.0

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:48 pm

Wow, I didn't know I was so popular.

Gopostal, I really appreciate your offer. I know the people at UM, I have found very good and funny people and also, there is my all time mate POTS. That's why I have started to play there at times. However, I must decline your proposition.

I simply do not like the stuff like relics, triple jump, all weapons, enhanced snipers, etc. I do respect the fact that you all like that but I personally think it discourages the improve of skills, which for me is very important. If I ever have to leave MHM, I'm pretty sure it would be for a DM clan.

I like MHM in general. I like the skills, the goofing around, I like Herm, I like Hook, I would miss this place so much. I can't leave MHM; at least not now.

Now back on topic:
If hellfy and supreme had stayed calm would this have happened? No. If I hadn't been so gutless and just muted them when I realised they were drunk/high would this have happened? No. If reiyel had sent PMs to those involved instead of a password and forum thread would this have been solved quietly? Yes. If gopostal hadn't come in to denounce us and try to break us up would this have ended well? Quite possibly. If the others hadn't attacked him in return could we have avoided the large and painful argument I see coming? Quite possibly.

No I'm not just assigning to blame to everyone else. Note that I could have stopped this at the time it was happening and I failed. What I'm doing is saying that almost everyone has contributed to this becoming the huge thing it now is. There is not some kind of destiny that makes us so unreliable and argument-prone. Everyone has had some kind of control over making this what it is, and all it takes to solve is change, even if only one or two people do. I know what I should have done and can remember that the next time something like this happens. One down.
Those are really wise words cow. Despite how much I like MHM I won't change my mind. I don't want cursing or obscenities on the server. I think I have explained why. I won't change my mind and I won't tolerate that.

I agree with the cow that we all can learn from our mistakes. What I want to unlock MHM3?:

1) Someone to police the server, a new POTS in charge of this.
2) The actual admins to don't be afraid to do their jobs.
3) You all promising this will not happen again.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Con una condición: que me dejes abierto el balcón de tus ojos de gata

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:52 pm

I appreciate the reply Rei. Good luck bro. You are going to need it.

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:32 pm

Well, I wish I could have been here earlier to tell Gopo something about the UM place.

There is no such thing as a perfect forum / server. Every forum is gonna have issues like this (probably not like this one, but maybe) there is not going to be a perfect group of people running it anyways. To me this is my favorite forum to be in any forum that I have ever been it, I'm not gonna lie about that! This honestly is what I call for myself the perfect forum, but other people aren't gonna see eye to eye on that. There's always gonna be a different person who thinks differently and acts differently resulting in issues. When I was reading Gopo's first post, I literally was thinking the same exact thing as Hellfires post. You can offer it nicely, but you just kind of threw it at him like that would be the best thing for him to do. When I first joined here, I was welcomed here really nicely! Whenever a new person arrives, I carry on the same thing and greet them nicely. We are very nice people, I've really got to get to know a lot of people here! I especially like the group with "Supreme, Hellfy, BIO and Reiyel." I like that group a lot, and I think I have slightly been excepted into that group because I try to be friendly and such and whenever they arrive it makes the game SO much more fun! :wink: Everyone here is a good person to me, but now I'm starting to have second doubts regarding Gopo for that one post. All it takes is one post. But hey, we should have past this a while a go, so this will be my last post regarding the situation, but I will still post replies on this.
I will either save you or kill you, convince me otherwise.