News for MHM3

Post all {MHM} related content here!
Reiyel_3.0
NoMoreSpam: Silver

News for MHM3

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:36 am

Hey guys

Well, as you know I've been absent lately. No, I have not left for good and I'm not willing too; I saw many threads in which I will post something later because right now I'm at the office.

However, I wanted to post this right now since I believe it is quite important for you to know. The other day I was talking with the cow regarding MHM3 lack of popularity the last weeks. I don't even mean getting new players, I mean even the regulars don't play there anymore, and I'm not talking about the last weekend, I have seen this happening for the last 4 or 5 weeks.

Yes, since the time MHM3 was locked it actually never got it's popularity back. I don't blame anyone, I just think it is something that happened and I have to do something about it. Since I am the one paying for it I can tell you, to be honest, that I see no point in spending money on it if no-one is playing.

I was planning to just stop paying for it but I thought it would be better if I let you know first. Said that, I announce that this is the last month I pay for MHM3. With no players a server is dead and that's why I think no-one will miss it if it's shutted down.

POTS has posted a few months ago a link in which people can make donations. That is how I have been paying for it and you guys are welcome to do the same. I won't suspend the account, I will just stop paying for it until Gameservers deactivate it. Of course if someone wants to give some funds to MHM3 then welcome, but I see no point in keep paying for it.

Anyway, that is all. MHM3 was the best server when it was on it's peak, but now I think it's time for it to go.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Con una condición: que me dejes abierto el balcón de tus ojos de gata

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Re: News for MHM3

Post by Hook » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:33 pm

I MAY be wrong, but I thought it was still doing well!?!? :?
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:11 pm

server_players.png
server_rank.png
Well, it could be alot worse but it's not doing too great either.

Hellfy is always on dU, SuPreMe is always on RL, I'm always spectating dU or playing another game, Rei is always on RL and POTS is always on UM or RL. As for the regular players, I think they just found other servers while MHM3 was down and never felt like coming back.
Who knows if they even checked the server again after discovering (insert naab friendly server here). Kind of sad, but that seems to be the way of things.

I'm suprised you haven't turned it into a DM/JB server though, I reckon most of us were half-expecting that. MCoop? :mrgreen: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-SuPreMe-

Post by -SuPreMe- » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:42 pm

This is sad news, also im sorry im not on much lately but i just have lots of stuff to focus on in life, UT is one of my favourite leisure times but i can only bring my self to play when i see MHMers online.

The server is stll active from time to time we have just had abunch of dead weekends since the holidays ended.
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:41 pm

Actually me and Supreme were talking about this a few days ago. I'm not sure about the possible causes of this lack of popularity, to me there are many reasons behind that.

Surely when the server was locked it hurted it some, but don't forget also when we had to rebuild the whole redirect: the server has been running without redirection for 10 days or so, the old regulars noticed that and moved over to other servers. That was the last straw I think. As for the rest of us BIOMECH explained it well enough I think.

About me I've been playing many times alone also on Hermskii's server and I don't feel like doing it anymore, anyway whenever I can and I see someone on the server I go play there.
If even adding new maps doesn't help raising the interest for the server I can't help on it.

Just one more thing: would be a waste losing all of those maps, I wonder if Hermskii is interested in adding some of them to his server at least.
BIOMECH wrote: I'm suprised you haven't turned it into a DM/JB server though, I reckon most of us were half-expecting that. MCoop? :mrgreen: :lol:
MCoop sounds interesting, but I bet it would mess up with the mod and the maps.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Fuzz_Ball

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:20 pm

I've been thinking, "what makes a good server good?"

The server admins must participate.
For example, when I see Hermskii on his server, I make it a point to join.
This explains why I haven't been to CG in a while. (HAHAHA)

I also feel that FBF has a good combination of difficulty and player survivability. For a quick splatterfest, there's the 4th colum which gives you stronger weapons. You can still kill yourself with shockwaves and ripper bades.

The thread about other forums is a good list of places to drop in and talk about your server, especially since it's recovered from the redirect trouble. That's a good excuse to make a post. Also put your server banner in your signature like POTS and others have. I notice when I participate on other forums and frequent other servers, FBF sees more players. I don't need a tag because my server has my name on it.

Most importantly, BE THERE. Not all players like to play alone especially in 2 hour maps like Proxy Moon or the Skaarj Tower. Quite often, I'll join my server when it's empty and just sit for a few minutes. Several players always show up.
_ Image * * Image

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:10 am

Fuzz spoke it right, we should change the Fourth column to something easier instead of the HardMH like it is now. The server is already quite hard for most players and almost nobody is gonna vote for the HardMH version of the maps.

Maybe normalMH with a stronger weapon, now problem is finding a custom weapon... Another rifle? There are way too many already... How about "Sniper Redeemer MH"? :|
I wonder if I could use the R3... No wait the MegaShock is even better but would make it too easy... Maybe MegaShock + HardMH?
C'mon you guys have played on many servers, what's a good weapon?
I think we may need a coder... damn! :|

About the other tips, it's all true. :wink:

Fuzz_Ball

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:53 am

Keep in mind that your server should be there for YOU to play.
Does it matter if it isn't full all of the time?
It's there when {MHM} wants it and that should be good enough.
Nobody is making money running a game server.

Before jumping into new weapons, try adjusting settings in various .ini's like:

GameSpeed=
MonsterSkill=
AirControl=
AmmoInterval=
AmpSpawnTime=
bUseRandomWeapon=
MaxHealth=
HealthRegenPerKill=

It took me a long time to install double-jump but when you can't even jump up a large step, I decided to add it.
Some maps are just ridiculous with Monster Health.
It should be hard but not impossible, beatable but not a naab-walk!
_ Image * * Image

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:07 pm

Yes... I've been playing a lot of dU when the server redirect went down, I do still play there pretty much.
Closing it down isn't my decision but like others already mentioned, maybe a 4th section with something like the soccer mod? or some Jailbreak or whatever, when MHM's are on we can play something like this for a change.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:14 pm

I would also like to add that I suffer from considerable lag and/or packetloss when on my weekday computer. If I get invisible projectiles when I run into a big group of enemies and even get invisible enemies if there's alot of spam going on, which naturally reduces my will to play.

Excuse over, I'll agree with the others; part of the problem is that we ourselves don't play there anymore. It seems like everyone only joins when other MHMs are on, and it's easy to see where that strategy faceplants. I should start soloing again...

Maybe some people are just bored of MH and seek out flashier or busier versions. Either way, if we don't get our interest back I'd still appeal on Rei to make it into a PvP or MCoop server. C'mon, it's at least worth a try, and if it's going to be closed down we don't have much to lose :P

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:30 pm

I tried to install the Soccer mod, but whenever I voted for a Soccer map this is what I got:

I thought it could be a mod conflict or something like that, and the first that came to my mind was Valhalla Avatar, but even after removing it from the ServerActors list the result was the same so I just restored the old configuration cause I can't figure out what's wrong.

About MCoop: you can't run both Valhalla Avatar and MCoop at the same time, they're not compatible. You also can't run a classic MH server and a MCoop one together; so it's either we have a MCoop server without Valhalla or we leave it as is.

About the PlayerVsPlayer gametypes like DM, JB, etc... I don't believe in those for many reasons. When we used to have them on MHM4, 9 maps out of 10 maps voted in a row were InstaDM and the last one was usually JB-Deck16.
PvsP means anticheat protection, zeroping, lamers, and endless complaints and swearing.
Not to mention compatibility issues with the MH mod.

Anyway you guys should check out the new mods they added on the UM RocketX server, like Siege for example, and share your opinions about that.

Here's the IP:
:arrow: 212.181.158.33:4444

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:00 pm

The "Canvass" word in that error I believe refers to the HUD or anything drawn to the screen like a scoreboard - at least I recognize it from looking at code that has to do with that sort of thing.
I don't think Valhalla would interfere with that as it really doesn't do much with the HUD, etc., but who knows.
Both NexGen and MHv2 use custom HUDs and I bet Soccer does also. :roll:
Probably a conflict in these somewhere concerning the HUD, etc.

I would think that when you load up the soccer mod, you wouldn't be loading up any MH stuff. (could that be happening?)
Maybe try Not using NexGen??? :|
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Yes it may be something related to the HUD, and yes, SoccerUT has its own custom scoreboard.
No, I was not loading the MH mod at the same time and about Nexgen well... On Hitman's server they have Nexgen also and a boatload of mods but it works fine. Oh well unless he's using another version of SoccerUT different from mine... :|
It could be the custom Nexgen HUD conflicting with the SoccerUT scoreboard but who knows. :|

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:56 pm

I responded to this before but it didn't save or something I guess or maybe I replied on the wrong thread but if it goes down (MHM3), I do want the maps but I want them in the form they would have been downloaded in as in all complete with all of the non compressed files in a folder etc. More later on this. Like I said, I already typed this request a couple of days ago right unders POTS saying he would think I could use them.
~Peace~

Hermskii

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:41 am

I'm at school right now but when I get home I will post a link with 6 Mappacks and all the files needed in folders.
Not saying all maps are good, but many good maps in it.

Edit: I looked at school but can't really find it, I might post some good ones later then.

About Siege I played it once and it's just CTF only you can buy mines and udamage's etc or something, to complicated for me I prefer insta CTF.