Excalibur Holland*****

Post all {MHM} related content here!
Chico
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Excalibur Holland*****

Post by Chico » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:58 am

Hello all,

Hermskii invited me to write about our community Excalibur Holland*****.
So here i am and trying to write the story about this community.

In 1999 started my partner in crime --=BULL=-- an UT server named Excalibur Holland*****. But i found that out in 2000 when i got my cable connection to the internet. He had a DM - instagib server with Monsters running around. It was quite funny, no it was addicted. He was having lots of players who were a fan of the gametype. Also the regular players were the nicest players in the DM scene ;)

Then i decided to build an website to unite the players a bit and giving Excalibur Holland***** an home on the interwebs. Besides that we decided to launch a second DM server Excalibur Holland II***** which i hosted. Everyone that became a member was free to join clans etc. There were no obligations at all. Another thing Excalibur stands for is freedom. So now i do not have to say we are NOT a clan.

After a while i switched to MonsterHunt with Excalibur Holland II*****
Since that time i did meet a lot of new great people, they joined our community helped it building up as it has become now. I must say i like the MH communty, i found out it is full with people who are very motivated to keep MH alive.

To maintain the community is alot of work, and i could not do it without help from others, like --=Nr.2000=--. He is always there if and when i need an helping hand on the website or the gameserver. Same goes for Cardiologist and Derdak2rot when it comes to MH coding or mapping. And i can name many others who are always ready to help. It is just a bunch of great people :D

Now back to the MH server Excal II as it is named in the community.
The server runs MH with mhexcal3 modification Cardiologist has written for me. mhexcal3 gives more control over stuff then UTJMH does. When i started the MH server it ran with UTJMH but that made MH to easy. There is a gametype named Monsters Strike Back (MSB) on the server, this little mutator uses mhminimonsters (mhminimonsters is made by Cardi). The little mini monsters are spawned random on the maps even behind your back. This gametype is harder then normal MH. Another Gametype i run is for fun only, this gametype is Fart Match. FartMatch allows you to fart monsters to death.

Well i better stop before i get accused of eating all Hermskii's database space :wink:

I hope to see you one time on the excalibur website Hermskii.

Last but not least
Holland in the name Excalibur Holland***** has no relation to the players. It is just the place where the servers and the website is located.
--=Feed-The-Passion=--

Chico

Hermskii
Site Admin

Nice one

Post by Hermskii » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:37 pm

That was great Chico! I promise, I will get by your forum soon too! Hey another note of interest. Have you ever heard of CSPORTS.com? It is the worlds largest and most active online gaming stats site. I went there tonight for the first time.

I looked up the best Monster Hunt servers in the world and guess what?

1. Excalibur Holland
2. Monster Hunt Mayhem
3. Who cares about the rest right?

I must admit that while I was there, I looked up Curious George's Redeemer Insanity too under DeathMatch servers. It wasn't even listed in the top twenty. That is all they show I think is the top 20.

I would have honestly figured on being in the top 10 there for sure. CG has been up forever and has hosted a buttload of games (several hundred thousand easily) over the years. CG usually has a pretty good group of folks in it during any given day. I don't understand so I will be asking the admins there what they judge these on.

Back to you for now! Congrats on having what is recognized as the best Monster Hunt server IN THE WORLD!

See! I knew you were special! I'll be by to get a look at your server and your forum soon. Take care!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Flatus

Post by Flatus » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:06 pm

CSPORTS.com tends to change the stats a lot, maybe on a monthly basis since my own stats fluctuates wildly. There use to be another better site, but that got shut down years ago. The one that's there is ok, but I can't depend on it for reliability. :?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Tell us more

Post by Hermskii » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:09 pm

Tell us more Flatus. What do you have and why should we all jump in and visit soon?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Chico

Re: Nice one

Post by Chico » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:07 am

Hermskii wrote:That was great Chico! I promise, I will get by your forum soon too! Hey another note of interest. Have you ever heard of CSPORTS.com? It is the worlds largest and most active online gaming stats site. I went there tonight for the first time.

I looked up the best Monster Hunt servers in the world and guess what?

1. Excalibur Holland
2. Monster Hunt Mayhem
3. Who cares about the rest right?

I must admit that while I was there, I looked up Curious George's Redeemer Insanity too under DeathMatch servers. It wasn't even listed in the top twenty. That is all they show I think is the top 20.

I would have honestly figured on being in the top 10 there for sure. CG has been up forever and has hosted a buttload of games (several hundred thousand easily) over the years. CG usually has a pretty good group of folks in it during any given day. I don't understand so I will be asking the admins there what they judge these on.

Back to you for now! Congrats on having what is recognized as the best Monster Hunt server IN THE WORLD!

See! I knew you were special! I'll be by to get a look at your server and your forum soon. Take care!

Thank you again for mentioning i apreciate it. And Congrats to you for runner up :D
--=Feed-The-Passion=--

Chico

Flatus

Re: Tell us more

Post by Flatus » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:48 am

Hermskii wrote:Tell us more Flatus. What do you have and why should we all jump in and visit soon?
Not sure what you are looking for, but if you want to, try UTstats.

Raichu

Post by Raichu » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:17 am

Flatus wrote:CSPORTS.com tends to change the stats a lot, maybe on a monthly basis since my own stats fluctuates wildly. There use to be another better site, but that got shut down years ago. The one that's there is ok, but I can't depend on it for reliability. :?
UTStats was the site u where talking about. If you get UTStats from UnrealAdmin.org you should have the same stats site as that site. (Truff.net got it)

Here's the link:
http://utstats.truff.net/

By the way: The link www.csports.com doesnt work as I get a index thingy error.

P.S imo Truffnet should be equally to Excalibur MH because its a good visited server 2 :)

Chico

Post by Chico » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:42 am

Raichu wrote:
Flatus wrote:CSPORTS.com tends to change the stats a lot, maybe on a monthly basis since my own stats fluctuates wildly. There use to be another better site, but that got shut down years ago. The one that's there is ok, but I can't depend on it for reliability. :?
UTStats was the site u where talking about. If you get UTStats from UnrealAdmin.org you should have the same stats site as that site. (Truff.net got it)

Here's the link:
http://utstats.truff.net/

By the way: The link www.csports.com doesnt work as I get a index thingy error.

P.S imo Truffnet should be equally to Excalibur MH because its a good visited server 2 :)
I have tested with those stats in the past but i did not get it to work with MH. When looking at truffs stats there are no MH server listed. To bad enough because i liked the stats alot. If i remember correctly it can only calculate frags of bots and humans, not monsters.
--=Feed-The-Passion=--

Chico

Raichu

Post by Raichu » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:58 pm

Its because UTStats doesnt support Monster Hunt (as its a team game). It would just be used as Deathmatch.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Raichu

Post by Hermskii » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:58 pm

Raichu, welcome to the boards sir. I didn't see you until now. Have a great time wihile you're here and be sure to post strong opinions as they tend to get the fire burning faster here. WELCOME and thanks for coming!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Raichu

Post by Raichu » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:40 pm

I saw this post at Excalibur forum so thought I would check it out. Thanks for welcoming me :)

Flatus

Post by Flatus » Fri May 12, 2006 3:22 pm