MH-Sh!tstorm needs a fix badly

Post all {MHM} related content here!
a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

MH-Sh!tstorm needs a fix badly

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:48 pm

(This post was actually intended for Fuzzball's forum. But as it will NOT allow me to post or send PM's tonight, despite being logged in, then I am posting it here. I will try again later. I did not see Fuzz's email address in his profile, so have no way to contact him about the problem of not being able to post or pm at his forum.
Also it won't hurt to ask for a map fix here, either! ;) )

Have we got any mappers out there willing to fix this nastily named map? I was originally turned off by all of the scatology associated with this map, but as it was popular I eventually began to see the cool ways that MH-Bluff was reworked into a very interesting and challenging experience. And, I must admit that I enjoy using the ultra powerful sh!tgun to clear an entire room of sewer scum. ;)

However, there is one huge problem with the map. For some reason either deliberate or accidental, the second spawn point in the map can be activated very early. Tonight this glitch deliberate or not, was responsible for causing a map with eight players in it be reduced to four, and then two. Landing on the second spawn point so insanely early in the map causes a terrible death loop to occur. Tonight we had barely begun to kill off the gasbags when everyone or just about everyone fell into this trap. The gasbags came down to ground level and mobbed us all to death. Four people immediately quit the server. WhiteTr@sh and I stuck it out until we ran out of lives. That left two players. And a darn long wait for anyone to wait for the map to be completed and be able to rejoin the server with more than just one life in their bank. :roll:

I've given this some thought, and concluded that the best thing to do would be to ask a mapper to just deactivate the second spawn point. It's no real distance to walk from spawn point one to two anyhow, so it's no real loss.

And if the placement and timing of the second spawn point was intended, then dear mapper I must tell you that it's not working out. The loss of 75% of the players in just a few minutes is proof of that, I'm sorry to say. :(
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: MH-Sh!tstorm needs a fix badly

Post by Nelsona » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:36 am

Glad to see people speaking about UT - I was almost to believe that everything went suddenly perfect... :mrgreen:

I gotta check for it into my old trash-box (currently I don't have it added for play) and I'll look into setup (probably it doesn't include any trail of Bot Support too). Else I go to check download sites... if not, then I have to hunt it from some redirect...

Probably in order to perform an advanced check, will take some time but I'll see. After all I guess that folder on my GoogleDrive will be public for such purposes (it was shared only in PM until this moment but I think it will be public as long as I'm getting sick of retarded Levels, and I really don't care about what are some clowns saying at UT99.org or what crappy repository are sharing others in avatar's signatures.

Example: Multiple <Quake3.utx> formulas won't run in any server as long as they are different and one of them having 14 MB cannot be found anywhere... (map unplayable) + some 0 map with 1 PlayerStart happily shared by a RED dude. I will find an opportunity to publicly tell him about stuff shared, poor admins must know the truth about "awesome" staff what are they happily spreading.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:53 am

Back...
I have removed it from cache. It is requiring other stuff as RMusicPlayer which I won't install in my client, so to speak I won't waste time and neither HDD space which I'm currently using for different works, probably "author" porting map to MH need some MH tutorial which sadly is outdated for some years... :| .

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:09 pm

Just noted this topic, gosh next time bring me a quick pm people. I'll look into it. :wink:

Edit: This is very easy to fix Entity, i'll make a nice, second spawn for you. ;).

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:25 pm

I removed current 2nd spawn and added a new one. Let me one how it runs.
If it doesn't run properly ask the original author (waffnuffly on UnrealSP.org I believe was ) for assistance. I didn't dare to configure the original trigger, but this should do the trick. The map is obnoxious with like 1000000000 different actors, triggers 'n stuff. I'm not touching those!

Full details are in the readme file.

http://crystalunreal.com/Downloads/MH-E ... 2-2015.rar

a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by a nameless entity » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:45 am

Thanks m8. 8)

I'm looking forward to playing the fixed version. :D
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess