MH EdaraPass v2

Post all {MHM} related content here!
K
NoMoreSpam: Silver

MH EdaraPass v2

Post by K » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:14 am

This map is kinda fun to play. . . But

:shock: i think it may have major issues right now on the server.

I dont know if any one else has noticed , but. Just about every time it is voted for something gets fucked up.
These are common occurences on this map when you spawn.
1. you are unable to jump
2. you have no crosshair
3. your weapon will not change
4. your weapon is fireing but not apearing to / also no sound "just impact sounds are heard"
5. the map freezes up and it switches to MH-Winter "defaulted map i guess"

All this might be because of its transition from a SP map to MH. So. . .
Just thought some one should check this out cause it seems to happen every time its voted for. I have only gotten to play this map once without it getting messed up.
Someone on the server even sayed to me "dont worry it goes normal after a while" :shock:
This is not good i think.

Hermskii
Site Admin

True

Post by Hermskii » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:28 am

This is true. I don't know why it does it and often it will crash the server and it will start up again on a new map.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nr.2000

Re: MH EdaraPass v2

Post by Nr.2000 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:52 am

kortniechan wrote:All this might be because of its transition from a SP map to MH.
I'm not sure but I think 3 said he has the same problems with the original on his coop server.
kortniechan wrote:Someone on the server even sayed to me "dont worry it goes normal after a while" :shock:
This is not good i think.
It does, just wait for the HUD to come back, then you can play normal again... If it don't crash first. ;)

MonsterHunt crash much more in general compared to other game types.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Good

Post by Hermskii » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:48 am

Good! I'm glad to hear it happens elsewhere too. I was a little bit nervous about it just being my server. If it doesn't crash the server, it takes about 30-60 seconds for it to catch up and display everything properly from the point you join the match. There is another map that you start outside next to several crates. One crate has a mirror in it. The others have weapons on top and around them. On that map, you have to get into a giant spaceship. It is calle MH-OrticanMH. That map does the same thing sometimes at the beginning of the map. You just have to stand there and wait on it too.
~Peace~

Hermskii

K

Post by K » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:12 pm

Can we just open the map up in UT ED and check it out? maybe there is some crazy code in there messing it up. Something that is whritten badly. Its a nice map other wise.

Hermskii
Site Admin

I wish!

Post by Hermskii » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:34 pm

I totally don't know how to use that program. I need a tutor for it. Someday I might be able to map but not a chance to even edit one right now.
~Peace~

Hermskii

derdak2rot

Post by derdak2rot » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:24 pm

i will talk to that to Cardi , later !

im sure he will watch the problem .
arrgh ! lost my head !

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:23 pm

Edara Pass and Ortican are the two maps that usually start out where you cannot jump or see your HUD. I find that going down the ramp to enter the base restores the HUD in Edara Pass, and that running towards the ship and turning left at the rocks and going down a ways restores it in Ortican. This problem is on most if not all of the servers I've played these maps on.

Edara Pass, MH-Lonely, and sometimes Ortican are a few of the maps that crash often. I hardly ever get to finish the first two, especially MH-Lonely. There's a few other maps that crash a lot too, but I can't recall them off hand.

If anyone has the skills to fix them, I'd appreciate it. :)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

derdak2rot

Post by derdak2rot » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:05 pm

never see this MH-Lonely , i will try it for see how it is .

for Ortican , i believe the problem come from the actors and stuff from the UnrealED1.0 ( you guys knows this map was made by one of the best UT mappers of all time , Hourences , and this guy Hexen converted it to MH )
the problem is Hexen dont have removed all the old actors and stuff , he just added monsters and some little things here and here .

and when you convert a map from Ued1.0 to Ued2.0 , lot of problems appears ( unreal version of unrealed are not the same as Ued2.0 , )
arrgh ! lost my head !

K

Post by K » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:20 pm

Thats makeing alot of sence. So someone has to go into ED2 and replace all the actors with new ones for the map to work properly?

Nr.2000

Post by Nr.2000 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:29 am

kortniechan wrote:Thats makeing alot of sence. So someone has to go into ED2 and replace all the actors with new ones for the map to work properly?
Nope they ditch it and start from scratch. ;)

K

Post by K » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:45 am

Eeek! :o

derdak2rot

Post by derdak2rot » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:56 am

MH-Lonely is a retail map included with the monster hunt mod . oops sorry !
i never played it . :P
arrgh ! lost my head !

derdak2rot

Post by derdak2rot » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:02 pm

Cardi has answer me , here :
Only problem that I've ever encountered is the one where HUD doesn't appear. But that fixes when You enter the base. As for the crashes... I can't do much to fix that unless someone provides me a serverlog after the map has crashed. The thing is that it has never crashed on 3's server and we've played it alot in both MH and Coop. Might be UTJMH related issue here but can't say for sure without the log.
arrgh ! lost my head !

Hermskii
Site Admin

ok

Post by Hermskii » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:32 pm

I'll force the map switch and if it craters the server, I'll copy the log and send it toy you. Notice though, I don't use the UTJMH mod on my server and I had 20 people connected to it yesterday without any problems! 20= 10 on CG + 10 on MHM.
~Peace~

Hermskii