MHM Renovations!

Post all {MHM} related content here!
matrix
NoMoreSpam: Silver

MHM Renovations!

Post by matrix » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:34 am

Hey all, a lot of you know me as matrix. I play MHM almost all day and night. I figured I'd create a topic for everybody to propose their ideas to renovate MHM. This way Hermskii can efficiently look here for ways to improve the server, instead of rummaging through emails. Just reply with maps that you are 100 percent SURE are glitched and should be either updated or removed, or any other ideas you have to improve MHM.

-I'll start the first one off with a map I know for sure is glitched. I and a team of seven played Map: Tubular just a view days ago. We searched and searched but couldn't find a button or switch or anything. This map should be removed or changed.

Flatus

Post by Flatus » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:01 pm

What area of that map are you looking in for the switch or button? Just saying "can't find it" doesn't right away mean that the map should be deleted cause of that.

matrix

Post by matrix » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:22 pm

It is the very beginning. you swim down, there are several little buttons, but even after you push all of them, nothing happens. this area of the map is very small and very plain looking, therefore everything is very easy to see. One of our teamates said he'd call the guy that either wrote the map, or knows a lot about it. He came back to MHM and told us that that version of tubular is glitched and impossible to get past.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Hmmm?

Post by Hermskii » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:33 am

Hmmm? I'd like to speak to that person then too. Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii

-SuPreMe-

Post by -SuPreMe- » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:01 am

MH-Bluff needs a fix for the stuck door i could do it and jus rename it MH-Bluff_fix so theres no mismatches wadda ya think?
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

K

Post by K » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:02 am

The_ Supreme_ Nali wrote:MH-Bluff needs a fix for the stuck door i could do it and jus rename it MH-Bluff_fix so theres no mismatches wadda ya think?
Please don't ever fix and release peoples maps unless they have given you permission or they are unreachable. We don't want ten versions of every map out there.

As far as i can see any improvements : MORE NEW MAPS!
I found one that is pretty fun but short, called Antfarm:
http://www.planetmonsterhunt.com/forums ... ail&id=313

-SuPreMe-

Post by -SuPreMe- » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:35 am

kortniechan wrote: Please don't ever fix and release peoples maps unless they have given you permission or they are unreachable. We don't want ten versions of every map out there.

uh ok, and yer more MAPS PLZ!! MHM has too have the least amout of maps out of all the MH apart from Chapter 1, so we should all search for maps and post em here.
-------.[ ]
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

Hermskii
Site Admin

Add

Post by Hermskii » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:21 pm

I'll add maps provided they don't totally suck or are the re-re-re-remake of some other map. I have tried to stay away from BT type maps too but I'm leaning towards adding them again. They just seem to cause too much policing type trouble.

Send me maps. I'll try them and if I like them, I'll add them. Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii

-SuPreMe-

Post by -SuPreMe- » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:37 am

heres a great MH map stick it on the server lol
http://www.planetmonsterhunt.com/forums ... ail&id=211

oh and yer that antfarm kchan reccomended is great lol gotta have it on the server :lol:
-------.[ ]
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

sopa_de_letras

Post by sopa_de_letras » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:35 pm

kortniechan wrote:
The_ Supreme_ Nali wrote:MH-Bluff needs a fix for the stuck door i could do it and jus rename it MH-Bluff_fix so theres no mismatches wadda ya think?
Please don't ever fix and release peoples maps unless they have given you permission or they are unreachable. We don't want ten versions of every map out there.

Ok, let's be respectful and ask for permission to edit maps.

And permission to reply to threads.

matrix

Monsters Of Spam.

Post by matrix » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:15 pm

For the past couple of times that I've played Mosters Of Spam, after we kill all the flies, the top sheet holding the flyboss in a hole rises to the ceiling, then a second sheets comes up underneath the flyboss to push it out of the hole.
But latey the second sheet actually goes through the flyboss, and stops at the top of the hole, where the first sheet originally rested, trapping the flyboss back in the hole.
For the last two times this has happen, I've had to ghost my way down to the fly and kill it with a chainsaw to allow the other players to proceed to the next stage. I would have gone and ghosted myself into another room to grab better guns, but the ghost mode kept killing me when I tried. Any seen this happen? Or know what to do about it?

Here's what I think:
In a game called Guild Wars I play, the term to get a moster/enemies' attention, or make a group of mosters/enemies try to come kill you or chase you is "aggro." Meaning to "aggrovate".
I think what is happening is, when the first sheet rises, if no own is in sight of the fly, the flyboss will just sit in the hole until someone draws near, so the second sheet rises and ultimately traps the fly.
Whether someone aggros the fly or not, the second sheet should successfully push the flyboss out everytime.

Ideas anyone?

-SuPreMe-

Re: Monsters Of Spam.

Post by -SuPreMe- » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:02 pm

matrix wrote:For the past couple of times that I've played Mosters Of Spam, after we kill all the flies, the top sheet holding the flyboss in a hole rises to the ceiling, then a second sheets comes up underneath the flyboss to push it out of the hole.
But latey the second sheet actually goes through the flyboss, and stops at the top of the hole, where the first sheet originally rested, trapping the flyboss back in the hole.
For the last two times this has happen, I've had to ghost my way down to the fly and kill it with a chainsaw to allow the other players to proceed to the next stage. I would have gone and ghosted myself into another room to grab better guns, but the ghost mode kept killing me when I tried. Any seen this happen? Or know what to do about it?

Here's what I think:
In a game called Guild Wars I play, the term to get a moster/enemies' attention, or make a group of mosters/enemies try to come kill you or chase you is "aggro." Meaning to "aggrovate".
I think what is happening is, when the first sheet rises, if no own is in sight of the fly, the flyboss will just sit in the hole until someone draws near, so the second sheet rises and ultimately traps the fly.
Whether someone aggros the fly or not, the second sheet should successfully push the flyboss out everytime.

Ideas anyone?
i say delete monsters of spam its a horrible and pointless map but thats jus my opinion :lol:
-------.[ ]
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

K

Post by K » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:51 pm

I have seen this happen before occasionally.

I have noticed only happen when people start shooting the flyboss before it comes out of the hole. "thus" forcing it under the other door.

Solution:
Get rid of second door and leave a hole?
Don't jump the gun and try to frag him till he is out of the hole.

BTW
I love Monsters of spam. Very fun map. It can handle all types of player loads. I always enjoy it.
please keep it.

Hermskii
Site Admin

ok

Post by Hermskii » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:48 pm

OK. Here is what Igot out of this so far:

Matrix says MH-Tubular is broken. One, let's retest. Two, can we reach the mapper?

Supreme Nali wants to fix MH-Bluff. One, didn't Chico fix it on his server? Two, can we reach the original mapper?

Kort wants to add MH-AntFarm. One, I have downloaded it just now. It is coming.

Forgot who but someone suggested MH-Nexus. One, I just got it. It is coming.

Someone gripped about MH-MonstersOfSpam. One I like it. Two, Can we reach the mapper and get that problem fixed too?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Flatus

Post by Flatus » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:02 am

Bluff is quite old really, being one of DK's COOP maps & then an AS map (got 2 versions actually). Then someone made it to a MH map, but some bug wasn't fixed when that was done (should have been tested properly before it got released). :roll: