Official {MHM} Change Log. Make all change requests here!

Post all {MHM} related content here!
BIOMECH
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Official MHM Change LOG. Make all requests here!

Post by BIOMECH » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:25 am

I'm starting to wonder if there's anything gopo doesn't know about the games internal coding. :o

Anyway, I'm not sure about the MinesOfNapali map, the music in the boss room doesn't fit...Then again, the majority of players don't even have music on so I don't really have a case here.

Hmm, put it down to personal preference rather than a complaint.

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:47 am

Omg.....
You don't want the map on because the music ''sucks''.
That's just the lamest thing ever said.
It's like removing LongCorrirdor because the music ''sucks''.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:50 am

Oh put your reading glasses on!

I said it doesn't fit, not that it sucks. :roll:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:40 pm

OK, Looks like I have 2-3 more maps to put on since last I made adjustments. Noted! They will be on by Sunday if all goes well. Peace!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:24 am

So...I'm not sure but I think I'm all caught up with all request except that MH-Village map which I think I already mentioned I choose not to put it on due to it's unstableness. Is that even a word? Anyways, I'm ready for more requests! Take it easy on this old man OK!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:27 am

I'd also like to take this time to ask you to tell me what maps need to be removed due to suckage. Yes, if they suck and most agree, I'd like to remove them because it is not about having the most maps here. It is about having the best maps here.

So, tell me what I need and where to get it and / or tell me what needs to go away to make space for new stuff. Peace out all!
~Peace~

Hermskii

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:26 am

Hermskii wrote:So...I'm not sure but I think I'm all caught up with all request except that MH-Village map which I think I already mentioned I choose not to put it on due to it's unstableness. Is that even a word? Anyways, I'm ready for more requests! Take it easy on this old man OK!
Instability :)
Considering you don't take part in combat anymore, age just means experience, as dexterity and reflexes don't count for much on a forum...You can be our ghost; always there, keeping things moving along, but we're not sure you have a corporeal form. :)

I can't think of anything to add, but there's one version of SkyLand that should be up for debate. I think hellfy would agree with me on this one...Muaha.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:05 am

I see I have #1, #2 ver. 106 and #3. What needs to to be changed? I'm game!
~Peace~

Hermskii

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:01 pm

It's SkyLand 1.

The players spawn in the water and have to swim for the shore, where they find a pulse gun. The entire island is incredibly plain looking and covered with respawning Krall, tough Skaarj scouts, and Skaarj assassins which move at incredible speed, much faster than a pulse projectile. A simple roll takes them about a third-way along the beach. Past this are several titans and queens.

Inside is a dark cave, with a titan guarding a room at the top. As soon as you enter the room it becomes your next spawnpoint, making you respawn in there even though it's full of Skaarj with flak cannons and mercenaries. Fully charged bio glops also rain from the ceiling, spawnkilling you.

Up past the flak tentacles is a darkened room with a tough mini-titan

Next up is an underwater area full of fish, squid, and slith that shoot razor blades. It's also so dark you need a searchlight.

Armed with the short-range flak cannons from the last spawnpoint, pulse guns not being given again, the players emerge into a wide open area filled with Skaarj soldiers. As you can see, one of them also has an instagib rifle.

This "Kichagai!" is the bossmonster, he has plenty of health and enjoys gibbing the players as they swim upwards through the pool. You're then subjected to a run of about a minute to get back to the action, whereupon you are instagibbed and get to do it again.

Then there's the map end on an altar inside a hill. I'm not sure if the map deserves deleting or not, but in my opinion it's pretty bad.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:21 pm

All of that great info and no certain suggestion. I know the map and I hate it myself but it does get played often and why I don't know. So now what? Does it need to be modified or removed or what? It was a very nice walk-through explanation though. Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:08 pm

In my opinion, the super-fast Skaarj on the beach should have their speed toned down to normal, or at least near normal. They flash towards you and start cutting you apart, and they're too tough to kill but too fast to escape. The way they zoom off like roadrunner when they're injured is annoying too, as you have to try and snipe them with an enforcer.

Any players who die in the battle for the second spawn room are forced to run for the flak when they respawn or try to fight off elite mercs and flak skaarj with a pistol. Being gibbed by slime that falls around the flak is just too much. I would suggest the monsters are either deleted or moved out of the spawn room, and that annoying slime removed too, if possible.

Finally, having a tough instagib skaarj running around a wide open field in the middle of a fight with twenty other skaarj is an exercise in frustration. He should be blocked into the end room so he's faced on his own, or maybe replaced by a Skaarj with a less frustrating gun. Death on a % just doesn't work out. Heck, just lowering his health so he could be gotten rid of would help alot.

My two cent-er I mean pence :wink:

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:09 pm

Hermskii wrote:Anyways, I'm ready for more requests!
MH-Asmodeus_Aions-umh
MH-d1-umh
MH-d2-umh
MH-d3-umh
MH-DarkPass
MH-escape
MH-Gate-X
MH-Iphigenia2
MH-MayhemCastle
MH-NaliC
MH-Sky_Isles
MH-Skyjump
MH-TheLanding1

Feel free to pick one or more of your choice from the above list. :wink:
Maybe the others can post their thoughts also...
Last edited by *POTS* on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Links maybe? I'll put them all on if you say they are good. I don't want maps just for that sake of having them. I'd like them to be in the top 25% of all MH maps. Is there a new certain place where I should be grabbing these at and if so, will they only list the latest version?
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Not sure if they're the best MH maps, but they look nice enough to me. If we can have the whole TGES series on the server, why not these maps? TBH I haven't seen a true masterpiece since AndromedaAncient. As for the download links, I should upload them one by one on one of those lame free multimedia sharing websites, unless someone else has a better idea. :?

[Edited due to updates]
Last edited by *POTS* on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:57 am

Sending you an email POTS concerning this.