Official {MHM} Change Log. Make all change requests here!

Post all {MHM} related content here!
BIOMECH
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Please add this map to MHM...

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:32 am

If you have antiboost turned on you can't damage yourself!!!

WOOHOO SUPER HAPPY FUN SAFE RIPPER!!!

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:30 pm

Hmmmmmm? I have to look into that. At the same time, I don't think you can move very much and I don't think you can hurt anything else either.
~Peace~

Hermskii

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Just like playing normally, but you can't get pushed around by monsters/players/own shots and your own weapons won't damage or push you :)

Was playing Dead City and you can pound a zombie with 6 rockets when it's standing right next to you or fill an Andromeda room with ripper blades without taking damage, SO AWESOME....

Can we keep it plz.. :D

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:03 pm

Monster damage should still move you as always. If it doesn't let me know. I left that in because it made the monsters much less powerful if you didn't have to worry about getting knocked off the ledge or into lava.

BTW, play with the mut for a few games then try a server without. The difference is profound. You don't really notice it when it's on, but man when it's gone you die a whole lot more.

Also I'm thinking of a configuration that allows a small amount of self-splash damage even if you don't get boosted around. The way it is maybe gives too large an advantage to the player. Curious as to your opinion.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:16 pm

I'm beginning to suspect that monsters can still push you around with the mutator on, as you said...

And having no self damage except with impact hammer is a good thing as far as I'm concerned, makes the Ripper much less suicidal and rocketlauncher/biorifle quite a bit better too.
I think you can still damage your powershields with self damage for some reason.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:34 pm

I honestly didn't even figure in external health add-ons like the shieldbelt. It worked out well though because it would have made players just too powerful. Even though you don't die from weapon splash, there ought to be some penalty for spamming all over yourself just to protect.

Speaking of that you should have seen how smug I was when I got the ghost to work. I was playtesting ready for release when I got to the boss queen on Akemi. The phone rang and I had to pause a moment. When I came back I found my player still sitting there getting pounded by the queen but taking no damage because he was ghosted. I test fired a couple of rounds and damaged the queen but for all intents I was in God mode. Glad I caught that. I readded damage code to ghost.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:27 am

So then do you need to send that to me so I can update/upgrade my version?
~Peace~

Hermskii

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:45 am

Dead city experiments reveal you can also demolish your own armor...

I like that, you can't damage your own health but I think you can destroy all your shields and armor, so you should still avoid your own splash damage if you have such equipment.
But if you havn't got armor/shields then you can happily use weapons which would otherwise blow you to ****.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:45 am

Right, I think it's about the best solution, though it would be easy to change if Herm wants something different or altered.
I looked at it from the standpoint of a vanilla non-replenishing server. Even a partial percentage of splash damage allowed would quickly add up.

And no Herm there is no newer version. I was telling how I got where I am.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:06 am

I don't want to change anything I don't think but does it actually allow you to kill others while being impervious to attacks or self inflicted damage. If so I would wonder if the fire function could be blocked or something while in ghost mode. I'm not saying to do it. I'm just asking.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:33 am

No, ghost affects nothing in the hit/get hit stuff. It only removes your collision with other players. To be honest what I *should* have done was allow an admin to set ghost mode on full-time and removed the visual ghosty part. That would completely stop that lag you get when you run too close to someone.

I was actually referring to the monsters when I was joking about developing this. Originally you had God mode when you ghosted because my thinking was it allowed you to pause and do something without affecting the game in any way. It was only during playtesting that I found you could use that to your advantage by sitting long enough in a boss room to ghost, then kill the boss without moving, which made you impervious. Also you could ghost at any time and replenish all your health without penalty. That's why the code for monster damage was added back in. Players can't affect you but monster damage can. I figured that one out testing in longcorridor when I was hiding from the gasbags and ghosted. My health refilled as they pounded away and I thought "This isn't gonna work" :shock:

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:23 pm

*Back on topic*

MH-OblivionRevoteBETA1-1
This is a beta version of a revote map made for {MHM} by K a long time ago. I think it's better than the one (the ugly funnel) you're using right now, Herm; a rocket launcher has been left in the map, though. If you don't want it I think Scotty may easily remove it.

MH-IslandInvasion
This was K's favourite map. :D
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:33 pm

I made a revote map also (attached), that you are free to modify in any way you'd like. I can replace the middle texture with the MHM logo if you'd like. Anyhow it works just fine, I'm using it. It's simple, direct and has a small dash of fun attached.

Full credit to Herm for the idea of it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:53 am

POTS, I ill comply and switch to K's map and then later will use Scotty's. I'll get around to adding the other map you have requested too. Lastly, please go back to the thread where you are listing ways to do stuff in UT and explain how to add a server to favorites without right clicking it in a list and selecting it. I have forgotten how to do it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:38 pm

Hermskii wrote:POTS, I ill comply and switch to K's map and then later will use Scotty's. I'll get around to adding the other map you have requested too. it.
Thank you Hermskii.
Hermskii wrote: Lastly, please go back to the thread where you are listing ways to do stuff in UT and explain how to add a server to favorites without right clicking it in a list and selecting it. I have forgotten how to do
I hope this is what you were looking for.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=539&p=14701#p14701
Plain Old Telephone Service