Boosting works again

Post all {MHM} related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Boosting works again

Post by Hermskii » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:24 am

OK, Boosting can be turned on and off in game again. Now I just have to get it so the Deemer can't boost when boosting is set to off and we'll all be happy right? Good.
~Peace~

Hermskii

-SuPreMe-

Post by -SuPreMe- » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:01 am

wats the command too turn it on and off? and i dont think u can stop the deemer from boosting cos wen it explodes it creates a big solid ball unless theres someway of makin it non solid, u should jus go with the reverse damage thing
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

matrix

Post by matrix » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:11 pm

The reverse damage mod is great and all. But didn't I personally tell you the major side effect of it herm?
let's say Sumpreme Nali is in a large room with tons of pupae. right?
then hermskii gets a redeemer and shoots it into the room of pupae, killing them all, but his blast radius included Nali, which means Hermskii just abliterated himself, even though he was using the redeemer for a good reason.

what now?

i don't know. the reverse damage is a great way to protect from lamers and stuff in a Hebereke map, but in a regular MONSTERHUNT map, it wouldn't be so useful.

matrix

Post by matrix » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:19 pm

and another note:

we all know what a suicidal bomber is, correct?
and most of us have played in the very first Hebereke(MH-Hebereke) map and been at the verrrry top, along with many others.
I have seen this manymany times:
-there are three people at the top of Hebereke, beside the three redeemers.
-ONE player has a redeemer equiped and waits for another dumb player to attempt to walk forward and get a deemer for himself.
-well, when that dumb player takes a step forward, his player's body is off the wall, which means a deemer blast could easily blast him off.
-so, the suicidal bomber takes the opportunity to shoot the dumb player in the back. thus, killing HIMSELF AND knocking the dumb player off.

my point is, even with the reverse damage mod, a deemer will still knock other players down, and some lamers are willing to kill themselves to ground other players.
just the way I see it.

[J]Man

Theory/I agree with Matrix

Post by [J]Man » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:35 pm

My theory is that this 'suicidal bomber' will continue on UNLESS a super-intelligent dude/chick makes deemer mod that won't blast players away. It would be like the reverse damage, only that it doesn't remove the player from their current position or sumthing.

I also want to add to Matrix's Hebereke bomber thing. Iz true and i've seen some dudes place their life on the line to throw the 'smart' players off the very top of the map to send them to obliteration. I'd like to know the reason for this and wtf? man. It's entertaining sumtimes, but c'mon, it's not fun when you continue doing the same thing over and over. Sucks that games are not fair sumtimes.

P.S. Matrix, they are 'smart' players. lol i've been a victim.

BOMBERDUDE: get a deemer
[J]Man: Nah man, u'll blow me off
BOMBERDUDE: C'mon.. why would i do that? I'm a courteous player
[J]Man: OK! thanks!
'[J]Man walks to get deemer'
'BAM! BOMBERDUDE looking good until he killed himself'
'[J]Man left a small crater.'
' :mrgreen: his crater is as small as this --> .'
'lol'

K

Post by K » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:49 pm

The reverse Team Damage mod is not an attempt to stop lamers. It is intended to promote team play.
If you have the Deemer and are ready to unload on the pupae then you gotta warn your teamates to exit the room so you can fire it in. "INCOMING!!"
Cover each other with supressing fire instead of running around spraying everything that moves. You will find the game takes on a whole new strategy and fun level.
It's called MonsterHunt yeah, but it is a Coop experience.