Help Unable to connect to MHM

Post all {MHM} related content here!
minotaur

Help Unable to connect to MHM

Post by minotaur » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:59 pm

I am unable to connect to MHM today all day....I get he message
'Unable to connect . Connection rejected by server,

I tried to upgrade from v432 to v451 but of no avail. I get the same message when I try to log on to other servers. wats wrong ?

K
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Help Unable to connect to MHM

Post by K » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:04 pm

minotaur wrote:I am unable to connect to MHM today all day....I get he message
'Unable to connect . Connection rejected by server,

I tried to upgrade from v432 to v451 but of no avail. I get the same message when I try to log on to other servers. wats wrong ?
1.Are you able to connect to any other servers in v436?

2.Have you been able to connect to servers before on same install of ut?

3.Are you using winXP and/or do you have a firewall or router?

4.Did you know MHM was down today for some reason or other and MHM#2 was going strong with players in the mean time.

5.What is your bank account information and social security #?

FYI:
If you are not running a server there is no reason what so ever to use anything but v436

Hermskii
Site Admin

Agreed

Post by Hermskii » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:52 pm

I totally agree. 436 is perfect for player installs and though 451 can be used for players, it tends to mess up more stuff than it fixes so I'd stay away from it unless you are running a server.

MHM was down due to a power loss from a nasty storm. I'm on a weak power grid here. Nothing I can do about that. The server went down and I had to work this weekend so I didn't get home till 4:00 PM before I realized it was down. Be sure to add Kort's server to your favs.
~Peace~

Hermskii

K

Post by K » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:09 pm

I just noticed that my server was down due to lack of virtual memory? I think it was the logs causing this? I disabled them for now, but how do i increase the VM size herm? Did you ever have to deal with this? How did you fix?

X

Post by X » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:48 pm

uggg im having a problem too every time the server goes to the indianajones map it says connection failed "Blank" version mismatch im not to sure what it means but im guessing its like a filetype or somthin and indiana jones is one of my fav maps :cry: ...any help on this? plzzz :cry:
X
Where's the pizza? :)

K

Post by K » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:12 pm

X wrote:uggg im having a problem too every time the server goes to the indianajones map it says connection failed "Blank" version mismatch im not to sure what it means but i'm guessing its like a file type or something and indiana jones is one of my fav maps :cry: ...any help on this? plzzz :cry:
When it says file miss match do a search for that file in your UT dir and move it to your desktop. Then when you join it will load the proper one. If you do a search and cant find it , then just delete everything out of your UT > Cache folder. The same effect will happen and you will be able to play again. :D

This problem arises when people/mappers mess with files and keep the origional name "like dumbasses".
Your system is looking for a file that is different then the one you have.

X

Post by X » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:37 pm

kortniechan wrote:
X wrote:uggg im having a problem too every time the server goes to the indianajones map it says connection failed "Blank" version mismatch im not to sure what it means but i'm guessing its like a file type or something and indiana jones is one of my fav maps :cry: ...any help on this? plzzz :cry:
When it says file miss match do a search for that file in your UT dir and move it to your desktop. Then when you join it will load the proper one. If you do a search and cant find it , then just delete everything out of your UT > Cache folder. The same effect will happen and you will be able to play again. :D

This problem arises when people/mappers mess with files and keep the origional name "like dumbasses".
Your system is looking for a file that is different then the one you have.
thx kortniechan ill try when i get home(im at school right now). Hopefully it works!!!! :D :D :D
X
Where's the pizza? :)

Hermskii
Site Admin

Yes

Post by Hermskii » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:10 pm

Yes, Iget the vrtual memory issue sometimes. The answer is to have at least 512mb of ram and disable the logs or suppress certain things from listing. Here is what I have supressed on CG:

[Core.System]
PurgeCacheDays=0
SavePath=../Save
CachePath=../Cache
CacheExt=.uxx
Paths=../System/*.u
Paths=../Maps/*.unr
Paths=../Textures/*.utx
Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../Music/*.umx
Suppress=DevLoad
Suppress=DevSave
Suppress=DevNetTraffic
Suppress=DevGarbage
Suppress=DevKill
Suppress=DevReplace
Suppress=DevSound
Suppress=DevCompile
Suppress=DevBind
Suppress=DevBsp
Suppress=DevNet
Suppress=ScriptWarning

Doing this will greatly reduce the size of your logs and you won't run out of memory so fast.
~Peace~

Hermskii

K

Post by K » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:59 pm

None of that will suppress player join notifications will it? Will i still be able to look at the logs to find a prob if one arises? I am indeed running 512.

How often do you reset your server? This is the first time i have run with logs enabled and it was up for about two or three weeks when it froze.

Hermskii
Site Admin

I'm safe

Post by Hermskii » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:35 pm

I'm safe because my crappy server currently crashes about 4 times a day. SInce this started happening the log never gets big enough to become trouble. I can still actually run out of memory though even with rebooted servers. I don't think there is a real answer to the memory issue other than a cold boot every once in a while.

I think even UT is partially a terminate and stay resident program so it might eat 100mb to start up and then release back 90mb once it is running. So, it will run using 10mb (this is only and example). Then when it crashes it only releases back about 9mb of the 10mb. So now there is one mb of memory that isn't being used by anything but isn't available either. Keep doing that equation and eventually you will run out of memory.

Cold boot and you start back over at 512mb minus 100mb to start the game...etc etc
~Peace~

Hermskii

K

Post by K » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:46 am

I wonder if it is possible to add something to the bat file to remedy this problem. Maybe some code that will purge logs after so many ticks. hmm. I will ask about this on UnrealAdmin.org. Maybe they have some answers.