MHM is up again!

Post all {MHM} related content here!
K
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by K » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:59 pm

Yes but how many servers are run from home?
I believe most good servers are high speed connections and are rented out to people.

We are poor and must run them from out house cables. :lol:

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:18 am

DELETED

DARKMATTER

Re: Reasons

Post by DARKMATTER » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:19 am

Hermskii wrote:For reasons I'll let let Kort explain if she wants to, I'm more aware of crashes on my server than she is on hers. True, if it isn't BIGI and I have no other mods installed then what is going on? Answer: I still don't know. I changed the network card out last night and I still registered another crash today at around 1:00 this afternoon.

I was told before that this crash only happens on bad internet connections but there is no way that I have the only bad connection of all UT servers. Also, I should have known it wasn't the BIGI mod because I don't run the BIGI mod CG and I have seen the same crash on that server too. I'm confused to be honest. I'm about to use a different Operating System to test this though I'm sure there are hundreds of admins using XP with out this issue. Maybe they all have the issue and just don't know it? We'll see. I get an answer to all of this soon enough and when I do, it will be rebuild time again but this time, lots of other small issues will never pop up again. I have learned lots since started trying to fix the servers. Later!
Dou Runs on Hosted linux servers with custom install and still gets crashes its all part of the fun in running them.....
I think you notice them more when its run from a machine in your home...

BiGbOsS

Post by BiGbOsS » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:34 pm

H꣣Fï®è wrote:It is a small chance that your PC is the problem.
Probably it is Something in your PC.
But I think Its the way how you Host the server.. maybe u don't do all of the things that u need to do? Maybe 1 little fold?
I don't know.. So I can only wait till the server is up Without Crashing.
Nevermind. Till I still can play on the MHM Server im Happy.
The Crash is maybe annoying but I never seen something of the crash when I Was playing on the server. ITS ''STRANGE".
When i play i never hit the "crash" either only when a map crashes are you hosting cg and mhm from the same computer? i dont think ut99 was built to have more then one server on the same computer but then again who knows. :roll:
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:35 pm

DELETED

MickeyM©

Post by MickeyM© » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:23 pm

Just a thought Herm, is it possible that the crashes are the result of a user haveing to high of a ping? I know the server comps for ping differences, and a MAJOR ping difference has to put a load on the server.
I remember there was a mod that kept folks with to high of a ping from even joining the server ( 500+ ), maybe this could help????

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:59 pm

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:31 pm

DELETED

DELETED

Re: Reasons

Post by DELETED » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:50 pm

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:02 pm

DELETED
Last edited by DELETED on Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Thanks all

Post by Hermskii » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:34 pm

Thanks all. Please don't think that I sit here and stress over this. I don't. I just want the thing to run properly. Maybe it never has and I just found out it has been messed up all this time. The error is not always what you saw above but is similar. I give this issue time about every day or three as time permits. It hasn't crashed once today but did crash 4 times yesterday. Average is about 3 to 4 times a day.
~Peace~

Hermskii