MH-Miam

Post all {MHM} related content here!
K
NoMoreSpam: Silver

MH-Miam

Post by K » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:09 am

MH-Miam
For some reason the server refused to send it when i tried to join today. :shock:
I had to DL it from NaliCity. Is it up on the redirect?

derdak2rot

Post by derdak2rot » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:19 am

0_o ! 22 megs from server !

i think its better to download it from NC ( its compressed and you will have all the necessary files ) :wink:
arrgh ! lost my head !

Hermskii
Site Admin

Black-Out

Post by Hermskii » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:02 pm

My web server lives in LA and as you know they blacked out yesterday thus stopping my redirects and this forum. All is better now I think.
~Peace~

Hermskii

BIOMECH

Re: MH-Miam

Post by BIOMECH » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:04 pm

BIOMECH Travels back in time to unearth the lost archeological treasures of the forum.

Has anyone noticed that MH-Miam doesn't end? It says you can finish but you can't get into the vehicles and even if you do, it still doesn't end...Think there's a warlord out in the dark but how are you supposed to get him?...

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:03 pm

I took a look at this map in editor. The monster end is between the tanks in the open but its buried so deep I can't see how it could be triggered. There are no associated lines to it. It has a huge hit radius but as far as I can tell, it can't be reached:

I probably need to play the map out once to get a feel for it, but it's crashed my editor several times trying to open it. Is the map itself buggy?

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Could be...

Whatever it is it's annoying to have a map that doesn't end on it's own.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:35 pm

I'll play it through tonight and if it needs a fix, I'll make one. Quality control is somewhat lacking in the mapping department for MH.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:43 pm

Muhahahaha! Scotty said it first Scotty said it first. I didn't say it.

I will stand by Scotty though and support all efforts no matter what the MH overlords think or say.

Fix it mannnn. Fix it now. I never noticed it didn't end. I was sure I finished it several times but I don't recall how.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:08 pm

I may have a bad copy. My ed keeps crashing with it and I can't play longer than 5 minutes on the server before the client locks up. I'll pull a copy from another server and see if they match.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:54 am

Look's like your Hermskii's pet glitch fixer, nice job :mrgreen:

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:05 pm

ScottyD wrote:I may have a bad copy. My ed keeps crashing with it and I can't play longer than 5 minutes on the server before the client locks up. I'll pull a copy from another server and see if they match.
Try this copy

I've never had problems with this map (apart from lag in the outdoor area), you have to enter a tank to complete it, if I recall correctly.

[Edit]
It looks like the MH-End trigger has been placed between the two tanks, but it spawns only when you kill the Queen.
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:18 pm

Yeah looking at the copy I have it seems like the MH is intended to be attached to a mover triggered by the ending of the map's tasks. I'm trying yours out now. Thank you!

Edit- Loaded your copy and that is exactly what it does. If you look in the Ed you'll see a block mover under the monsterend. Under attachmover the tag reads "mend" for monster end. It's designed to move the end up to be triggerable. Thank you for the good copy! I'm replacing all mine.

Second edit- Just played through on both local and PMH server copies and the monsterend will not raise. Looking through the queen room and also the second pyramid you exit from I don't see any associated trigger. It looks like the map is not able to be finished. If you guys want, I'll add a trigger to the queen dying (or to the junior pyramid door) that will work the monsterend mover correctly.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:43 pm

Kill the Queen = Finish the game. Is how I think it should be.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Herm what I'll do is put the end behind the trucks at the entrance to the seats. That way a spawning player wont accidentally trigger it. I'll change the message at the end when you kill the queen to "Climb into the APC and escape" or something to let players know to go to the back of the truck. IIRC both APC's are open so I may close one.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:00 am

I'm still going on this. What I've done is create a mover that blocks the entrance to the back of the APC. Once you kill the queen it opens and you can climb in and get to the end. The APC's are playerblocked because it's a one way trip inside them. You can get into the seating area but you can't get out. This won't be a problem because you can only get in when the map is done anyway.

Hopefully I'll have this thing done in a day or so. It takes forever for it to rebuild. Longest map ever I've seen.