MH-Miam

Post all {MHM} related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: MH-Miam

Post by Hermskii » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:38 am

I think it is another fine product of Derdak2rot. I'm shocked he messed up the ending.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:50 am

Yeah he does absolutely stunning work but why do mapmakers always insist on using 30,000 lights:

It's awfully hard on lower end computers to do all those.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:53 pm

Hermskii wrote:I think it is another fine product of Derdak2rot. I'm shocked he messed up the ending.
Actually this time you're wrong:
Title : The Land of Miam
Version : 1.0
Release Date : 20 December 2004
Filename : MH-Miam.unr
Author : Robin 'Rob' Pamart
Other maps by author : CTFM-AncientTitanV110, CTFM-JadePyramid][, CTFM-Drearylike
JB-AncientTitan-III, JB-Gauntlet-III-130, JB-Dreary-III, JB-Command, JB-Community, JB-Darkarix, JB-Pandora, JB-SkyTitan, JB-Darkarix][, JB-Baroud, JB-PhimosisIV
MH-Kittara
However the map works fine for me (except for the lag). Maybe it's because I know what to do to finish it...
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:17 pm

Well jump in and save me the trouble of doing the rest of the map! What am I missing?

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:30 pm

Absolutely nothing, simply kill the Queen in the room you've posted the screenshot, then go outside and reach the two APCs. That's all, the end-trigger should rise exactly between them, even if you can't see it. I don't know whether sometimes it doesn't pop-up, that's another story, but it usually does. If you want you could make the trigger visible and add a broadcasted text advice (something like "go outside and reach the two APCs in order to escape"), so players would know where to go.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:37 pm

You know I've played that map twice all the way and three times ghosting in to kill the queen. I get the "Go to the APC" message but I can never get the trigger to rise. I made it visible, recompiled and then ghosted after the last time and it was still sitting there at the bottom. It's attached to the square mover near it to make it rise but nowhere in the queen room can I find anything set to "mend" to trigger the mover. The queen isn't set as a trigger, and none of the portals, exits or triggers I could find were set to "mend".

Ah no matter. I'll probably finish the redo tonight. There is a mover now blocking the left APC so you can't get in. I have to finish tying that to the queen death and it will open to let you in to the monsterend in the seats. It's the map though. All those lights take for-freaking-ever to build all.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:40 pm

Wow it's official: I'm totally clueless this time, could it be the range or hit-radius making me able to complete the map?! I think I'm just lucky since you guys can't finish it. Keep up the good remake Scotty.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:48 pm

WOW, yeah, I have seen some of those maps with ALL those lights in them!
WAY too many - they don't know how to adjust them! :shock:
Lights also add quite a bit (actually a lot) to the file size of a map also! :roll:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:21 pm

OK map is done and available HERE

Give it a spin and let me know all is well. The only change is the door will open on the APC letting you in after the queen is dead. The monsterend is visible, but remember the APC is a one way trip. You can get in but you can't get out.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:50 pm

Who cares if you can't get out if it ends the map. Everybody play it and then tell me when everybody is totally happy and then and only then post on the CG-MHM PLEASE add this map thread about me adding it and I will. Thanks Scotty for your efforts!
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:30 pm

ScottyD wrote:OK map is done and available HERE

Give it a spin and let me know all is well.
Two bugs found:

#1 A mid-air floating door:

#2 The titan's room has become a water-zone:

Everything else works fine.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:39 pm

:slap: Forgot to remove the mesh I used to create the mover. I'll fix those in the morning and repost it. Thank you POTS!

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:41 pm

Enjoy it! :wink:

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:42 am

LOL, POTS I swear to you I went in and removed the door mesh I used to make the mover. After that I went to the Titan room and looked for the water zone (?) that was in there. It's there because I also could see it. I couldn't find a zone info though so I just rebuilt the map to clear the door mesh out. BAM...water gone out of the titan room. I have no idea what happened other than it must have been a bad build from the editor.

Anyhow it's updated and reposted:
Miam fix1

This should be it for it. :crosses fingers:

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:24 am

I think the original problem was that you needed to bring the monster count to 0, quite a few maps have that...Just seemed most likely explanation.