New Maps

Post all {MHM} related content here!
MEAT

Re: New Maps

Post by MEAT » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:23 am

Bring in the New Year with a new map or two...that's what I always say.

DM-Recpool and back from popular demand DM-CMNgoldDD

Ahh...the joy of giving... :)

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:29 pm

And I'm not done.
For those of you that like to spray at stuff
here you go...DM-Smoke'em

Or if hiding is your thing...DM-AnUnrealZoo

podcar
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by podcar » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:58 pm

So, MEAT, are there any maps where I can hide from YOUR deemers? :D

LOL!

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:34 pm

podcar wrote:
My advice....RUN !!!!!

ELvis

Post by ELvis » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:59 pm

PODCAR WROTE So, MEAT, are there any maps where I can hide from YOUR deemers?LOL!
pod...buddy....you can run..but he'll blow you up no matter what....he does that to me all the time...LOL
ELvis
DEEMERS 4 Life

Scify

Post by Scify » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:19 pm

MEAT wrote:
podcar wrote:
My advice....RUN !!!!!
I hide but he telefrag me. He can't glide where I Hide :shock:
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Scify wrote:I hide but he telefrag me. He can't glide where I Hide :shock:
I am probably the best guider you'll ever see.
But you're right...I can't glide where you Hide...because you hide on another server... :P
burp... :oops:

podcar

Post by podcar » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:02 pm

ELvis wrote:pod...buddy....you can run..but he'll blow you up no matter what....he does that to me all the time...LOL
Cool, I thought he was just picking on me!

It's oddly thrilling to go an entire game where MEAT is present and avoid being fragged!! Of course, the only way I can do that is to hide and not shoot, breath, or fart, lest my position is compromised!

:mrgreen:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:33 pm

Stop being hunted and hunt instead. You'll learn very much about this game that way and especially about the translocator.
~Peace~

Hermskii

ELvis

Post by ELvis » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:54 am

Well put Herm. I'm starting to hunt and it's a blast when you telefrag someone and they get pissed at you for doing it...LOL.

Let the fun begin..
ELvis
DEEMERS 4 Life

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:36 am

Getting telefragged is the most shocking way to be killed in UT. You experience the frag like no other way of being fragged because I think it surprises you so badly when it happens. I think the graphics are different for it too when you see yourself get exploded from within. That's how I feel about it anyways.

I especially love to come up on somebody who is in the process of guiding a deemer and they can't see you. As you know, you can tell they are guiding because their player appears to be spinning all around slowly while aiming at something. When they detonate the deemer their character usually snaps back to the original orientation they where aiming at just before the fired the deemer. So I like to guess what that orientation was as I walk up to them. I get right in their face and wait for them to snap back to original position. When that happens I know they see nothing but a screen of my face!

At that moment 9 out of 10 players will instantly shoot the deemer again and blow us both up. That is fine with me since the last thing they saw before they died was my face! I then also know that they know that I easily could have killed them already so it is a win win for me though I never got the frag.

The only other thing that comes close to that thrill for be is to let them see me standing there with my translocator and have me be too close for them to fire without killing themselves. Again, 9 out of 10 people will shoot anyways killing us both but again it is a win win for me since I was the last thing they saw before they killed us both out of sheer terror! The last thing I like about that is when they keep their composure enough to not shoot when they find me in their face. Then I love the chase as they try to get far enough away from me to shoot at me without dying. I like the terror feeling I suspect they have as they try to get away while I try to telefrag them. Often I miss on purpose just to see how long I can terrify them before they realize I'm actually not even trying to kill them but rather I'm just there to harass them. I'm one of those folks you don't need to fear. You just need to fear fear itself.

When Killer Klownz and MEAT ascend to my level someday, they will really begin to enjoy playing and losing as I do on purpose! Then and only then they will have learned grasshoppers. Maybe then people will start playing on their servers again too. Hehehehehehehe. PWNAGE!!!
~Peace~

Hermskii

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:36 am

Hermskii wrote: When Killer Klownz and MEAT ascend to my level someday, they will really begin to enjoy playing and losing as I do on purpose! Then and only then they will have learned grasshoppers. Hehehehehehehe. PWNAGE!!!
Wait a second...losing on purpose to get better?
Now I've seen people lose and say:
---I was away from my computer
---I was getting something to eat
---I was on the phone
---I was showing my friend how to play
---my computer froze
---someone was at the door
But to lose on purpose...hmm...?
That is INGENIOUS !!!

podcar

Post by podcar » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:26 am

Hermskii wrote:Stop being hunted and hunt instead. You'll learn very much about this game that way and especially about the translocator.
So true... one of the valuable lessons I've learned since joining this forum! Another benefit was to learn that I can get double the points for telefragging. After all this time, I never knew that! It makes a big difference on maps like Blade Runner, where people mostly try to hide and glide.

I have a tactic I'd like to contribute which I don't think has been discussed much: Using the Redeemer as a DEFENSIVE weapon. This actually works better on CG's rather than MRS or VRH, but the idea is to lay down a protective screen of redeemer blasts while you do your spraying. It's two different shots, for different purposes. For example, you can stand near a doorway, pop off a couple of spray rounds, and alternate with one shot that just curves around the door and detonates. This keeps you just out of the blast pattern, while enemy redeemers (and would-be telefraggers) vaporize before your eyes!

Anyway, that's my warm, fuzzy thought for the day!

-podcar

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:37 am

Nice hint podcar. Thanks. That tactic has been discussed however on the original redeemer forum at http://www.RedeemerInsanity.com in the this section:

http://www.redeemerinsanity.com/university.html

It was never discussed on this part of this forum that I know of because people in the MRS section play a different version of Redeemer than what was originally played. MEAT's server and the majority of newly launched deemer servers don't so much use these tactics.

The web page I referenced was designed for a faster paced, less patient and less forgiving version of the Redeemer mod like what can be found on CG. Hehehe Anyways, many of these tactics were designed more for smaller maps with many more, better, faster and smarter players.

I doubt you'll have too much success with these tactics on today's newer, larger, redeemer mod servers that offer spawn protection for the people too weak to survive but too valuable to allow to die in a loop of poop when instead they can be hunted down much like a professional assassin vs kindergartners. Yes, I'm sure that is fun for many people around here to do. Hehehe. So enjoy the reading I have provided. I'm sure it will come in handy someday. PWNAGE!
~Peace~

Hermskii