Couldn't get file form MHM

Post all {MHM} related content here!
K
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by K » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:31 am

I know i'm coming in half way through the conversation. but
If the error says server refused to send "file" then it is not a file mismatch , something else is wrong , most likely a setting on the servers side.
Herm did you accidentally turn downloads off?

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Nope

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:55 pm

I just connected with a fresh virgin install of AdminTestPlayer UT. I connected to MHM with that install which is nothing more than a retail version install + the 436 patch. No mods installed. No skins, voices or bonus Packs. Nothing but a fresh install + the 436 patch. I connected while 3 others were playing on MHM and they were playing MH-BukieMall. Everything downloaded fast and perfectly. That confirms that the redirect downloads are working fine.

Now, I have to fix the "sky" file for K and maybe still need to fix the "SpaceMarine" file for David. Anything else while I'm at it? K, I sent you the sky file as you requested.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Easy

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:04 pm

That was easy! So, now "sky" and "SPACEMARINES" are fixed. Please continue to let me know which files are causing issues. I have gotten really good at fixing this stuff now. It took me forever to figure out how to upload two files with the same name to the same location though they don't use the same capitalization. Example. All I had on the redirect server was "SKY" but the map K was playing calls for a file named "sky" which has no caps. Redirects are very specific to having the exact file name exactly the way the map calls for it. Now, if you already have the file it will work no matter how it is listed as far as caps go but if you don't have the file either in your UT folder or in your UT cache folder then the file on the redirect server must be spelled exactly as the file is listed in the map when it calls for any additional files needed. I rule! CYA!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Fixed

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:46 pm

I also just fixed AlarmFix and TGES4, TGES5 and TGES6. Will it ever end!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

More!

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:11 pm

OK, I short while ago, I just doubled every players bandwidth. My MaxClientRate per player is now at 10,000 and Yes, I do have the bandwidth to support that setting!

I saw a thread on a forum about a map pack somebody made which included a new map called MH-PlanetEscape. I have it but I haven't played it or put it on the server yet. Please start adding maps you want or upgrades to maps you want in the stickied thread about map request. Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii

BiGbOsS

Post by BiGbOsS » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:45 pm

played on the server tonight
seems a lot smoother since the upgrade in bandwidth 8) 8)
less lag on the Andromeda ancient test parts like the gasbags and fly parts. no lag throughout the rest of the map though :wink:
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

K

Post by K » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:33 am

@ the renaming files topic. . .
Are you serious? This is probably why i kept having problems on my server.
Herm can you keep a list somewhere of the files to be renamed?

btw, thank you i will check my email now.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:22 pm

You MUST NOT re-name any files!!!
That WILL cause a mismatch error! PERIOD!
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Scify

Post by Scify » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:13 pm

reinstall UT again still couldn't send me files. I frired up Old cp hook it router.I finaly got play meats server 30 minutes. This really downgrade went from 2.4 Ghz to 550 mhz.Hard is only 15GB and 256 of ramm. :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry:

WHERE IS CG?
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

K

Post by K » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:14 pm

Hook wrote:You MUST NOT re-name any files!!!
That WILL cause a mismatch error! PERIOD!
Yes we know hook. We are admins.

We need to correct the caps on the file names.
This is what is causing all the problems of files not being redirected.

Scify - I know i should probably just read this thread , but if you are not receiving files when you connect to the server then it is a server problem. A stock install of UT patched to 436 works 100% properly. The only thing that could change that would be a router or firewall in the way.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Yes

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:05 pm

Yes, and I have already proved over and over that it is not a server issue. The install on SCIFY's PC needs to be redone per my total instructions earlier. My nothing but a clean install and the 436 patch AdminTestPlayer downloads everything perfectly!

Sorry Sci. CYA!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Scify

Post by Scify » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:49 pm

I have remove everything. I try again.
What is 436 patch AdminTestPlayer? which I don't have.
I do have brand new router( it not router because download few other server and other I can't ) but no firewall.I know it mine end .
I remover UT cache cleaner ,something esle and One skin changer that Jarg gave me because it could start UT from it.IS there anything esle I need remove . I just remember I need other thing remove.

K

Post by K » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:12 pm

Scify wrote: What is 436 patch AdminTestPlayer?
Herm and i use a good practice of doing a thing to test our servers.
We install a second "Admin test player" install of UT on our system we play UT on.
Lets call it ATP install for this discussion.

The ATP install is to test the server downloads.
You make the install as basic as a noob would have.
Just UT99 with 436 patch and NONTHING else!
Never install anything in that ATP dir. and you have a good control element in the method. You know that that install is fresh and has none of the maps or other files installed. It is a basic UT install with no skins mods mutes or anything at all.
When you join a server using the ATP install all files will have to be downloaded from the server upon joining because it is a total fresh install. A clean slate if you will.
If one of the files on the server is not downloading correctly then the "Admin Test Player" install of UT will catch it by not being able to join. You can either watch the screen or check the logs to see what file would not download from the server.
All you have to do is delete the cache folder when your done testing a server, and you good for the next time.

wow i didn't think it would take so many words to explain such a small idea. :wink:

Seems to me this is the type of install you need to be doing Scify.
Make sure it is working fine , Then add your mods and things one at a time making sure you are still good inbetween the uploads.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Awesome

Post by Hermskii » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:58 am

Pretty good explanation there K. I wasn't ever sure if you understood what I meant when I described this testing method to you but now I see that you did understand.

I want to add and re-clarify some. I test the my servers by installing UT again. So name I have a install that I play with where my player name is Hermskii and I go ahead and add all of the mods and bonus packs and skins etc etc to enjoy a great playing experience.

I name the player in the second install AdminTestPlayer. This install has only the installation files of the game and the 436 patch. I then connect to my server with this AdminTestPlayer installation and at that time because I have not added any skins or mods or anything, the server should start sending my AdminTestPlayer all of the files required to play on the server. Once I have them all, the AdminTestPlayer will successfully join the map.

So say the map changes to the next map in the cycle. At this point, just like any new player who has joined the server, my AdminTestPlayer will have to download that map and any extra files as well. If there is a problem with a file, it will get the "server refused to send" error and I can see the name of the file that is missing or messed up somehow. At that point, I fix the file on the server. Reboot the server and try again to connect to that map with the AdminTestPlayer. If I get in then all is good.

The perfect test would be to delete the c:\UnrealTournament\Cache folder and any cache.tmp files found in the c:\UnrealTournament folder before testing every single map in the cycle. The reason for this is one map may use a file called "MOUNTAIN.umx" and if I connected to it and downloaded that file properly I would not have noticed that a different map in the cycle uses the same file but has it spelled differently. Say that this different map has it spelled "Mountain" instead of "MOUNTAIN". In this case, though I have the MOUNTAIN file on the redirect server it should refuse to send the file "Mountain" to my test player which would then alert me that I need to have that same "MOUNTAIN" file on the redirect server but have a copy of it listed as Mountain too. If I have already downloaded the file "MOUNTAIN" and connect to the other map which uses "Mountain" my AdminTestPlayer will be allowed to play though had I deleted the cache folder and the temp files and tried to connect to the server while it was playing the map which used the "Mountain" version of the file in question, the server would then refuse to send it. It isn't so confusing but it is hard to describe in words. If you have already successfully downloaded any spelling of a file called Mountain, you will be able to connect to any server running a map that uses that file whether they spelled it like that or like MOUNTAIN but if you did not ever have the file before and need it and if the file is spelled "differently at all" on the redirect server as it is listed in the map, the server will refuse to send the file.

I hope that explains it more and helps one of you learn how to make a test player and why they are so important to ADMINS. CYA!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Scify

Post by Scify » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:49 pm

I remove map manager( which never work for me),UT cache cleaner,UT Tubo Checker and UT X- Plug. I have remove everything I can think of. I remove UT .Remove folder. Then reboot . Made sure No UT folder . I even UT search made sure .Reinstall VERY clean .I still can't donwload on meats . :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I look CD there are few Straches . I never had so trouble .before :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I install UT GOTY ( Mine only patch 431) and Patch436.Nothing esle.

THIS IS DRIVE ME CRAZY