Post by Gregwards » Sat May 17, 2008 6:33 pm

lol family love

BiGbOsS
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by BiGbOsS » Mon May 19, 2008 9:34 pm

Ha
is that the same map i played a very long time ago? cause it literally is just a hall.
this will be a newbs favorite map lol
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Yep

Post by Hermskii » Tue May 20, 2008 9:30 pm

Yep, I still need this too. I asked Matrix to make it it so as many players as I have in a full house could all spawn together not killing each other. They would all be side by side in a room the reduced in size down to a hallway which I guess would look like a triangle with a hallway shooting out of one of the 3 corners. Then at the end of the hallway, there would be a sign saying "Welcome to Monster Hunt Mayhem" and whoever went through the door first won. I wanted the whole map to take about 30 seconds at most. I wanted any player who spawned to be able to win the game by simply holding down the move forward key continuously.

I came up with the idea back when the server crashed all of the time and peeps were getting sick of playing MH-Canyon all of the time. It was what I considered the shortest and easiest map in MH. I picked it so players could quickly get back to playing other maps they preferred rather than having to go through all of MH-Canyon again for the 4th time that day.

See that? I'm thinking about my peeps! The server still crashes but only about once a day at this point. For me, that is OK. I do still want the map though. I want it to suggest playing Curious George's Redeemer Insanity too.

My very first original plan was a map that did just about nothing but advertise MHM and CG. Anybody up for this since my total loser nephew is too cool to hang out here anymore?

Now that I think about it, at the end of the hallway the hall should open back up into a big room that has a giant Welcome to Monster Hunt Mayhem sign on the wall for all too read as they run for the only and final door or trigger to finish the map. Maybe a checkered ribbon like at the end of big marathons. LOL.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue May 20, 2008 11:25 pm

A map could be made also that when you go through that "door", it could actually be a portal into another map!
You could have several of these "Starter" maps - each one with different maps to port to from it.
That way you could change the "starter" map's destination.
You could have ...
DM-StarterMap_toMap1
DM-StarterMap_toMap2
DM-StarterMap_toMap3
etc.

Just a thought! :shock: :P
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777