What do you miss most bout MHM?

Post all {MHM} related content here!
Gregwards
NoMoreSpam: Silver
Location: here......or maybe over there.........no here is good

What do you miss most bout MHM?

Post by Gregwards » Fri May 09, 2008 8:32 pm

i guess i miss the old regular players thet used to be there that over the years seem to stop coming as much or completly.
once again another bored post but its a 1st for me a bored topic i wonder how it will do lol

-SuPreMe-

Post by -SuPreMe- » Fri May 09, 2008 10:40 pm

i miss.... POTS lol and Janal and Bigboss and [J]Man and Roxas, I miss spending ages screwing around on haunted and Metal box surfing on Arden.
lol so many memories.
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat May 10, 2008 8:05 am

DELETED

Hermskii
Site Admin

Gawd!

Post by Hermskii » Sat May 10, 2008 5:52 pm

Gawd! You folks talk like MHM shut down a year ago or something. Peeps come and go in this game. That is just the way it is. So, the trick is to befriend them and get them to feel WELCOME and PART of the COMMUNITY. Then, they will stay longer for sure. Basically, if you follow the rules here AND are just crazy enough to extend a hand in friendship to people here, they will usually play for years.

I think one big difference here than with the usual players is the age. Younger peeps tend to move on faster. Older tend to stick around when they find a nice quiet polite type place to hang out. My goal is to eventually have every body come back and play every once in a while is all. As peeps keep showing up, I'll keep running the server. When it runs a month without a single player coming buy, I'll shut it down and call it a day. I don't even see that happening in the next 5 years. CYA!
Last edited by Hermskii on Sun May 11, 2008 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Peace~

Hermskii

BiGbOsS

Post by BiGbOsS » Sat May 10, 2008 9:57 pm

Dude i miss all you guys, havent played with reggy or supreme since that day we played TDM, that was like months ago lol.
But finals are coming up, but once school is done, i might hop on for some fun!

I miss sitting on the top of hebereke with roxas and matrix and shooting deemers at each other xD
also Supreme and Bigboss's magical adventures haha lol
and trying to challenge supreme to a bt race on Andromeda ancient even though i never have and never will beat him :twisted: lol

the list goes on......
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Wed May 14, 2008 10:40 pm

Yeah, I gotta play Catch-up!
Just so many things to do that I hardly get to play my favorite (and only) game! UT
I am like Hermskii - I found a game I like - I found some great forums that fit my bill - I'll be here and playing UT for years to come!
But, alas, I am even older than he! :roll:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Gregwards

Post by Gregwards » Thu May 15, 2008 6:33 pm

yay for once i was mentioned in a good way lol. as time goes on i find differant things to do and differant games to play im not comin im mhm dat much anymore.mainly cos i miss the hebereke maps (gotta love those maps) but hermskii made a desision that benifited most people and removed them. which was a good desision but when you put other maps that require BT y not put the hebereke maps back on.all the good maps have BT or mainly the maps i think are good even if its opional or only a little or made up by other people.

ahh dam im in a really bored mood soz bout complaining if any1 agrees then say if not leave your opinions here and hopefully this post doesnt seem like im havin ago cos im really trying not to and sorry if it sounds it.

BiGbOsS

Post by BiGbOsS » Thu May 15, 2008 9:27 pm

Lol do we have anything to say bad about you reggy? because if somebody has dirt on you, the i advise them to pm it to me fast so that i can take back the good mention i said earlier. lol

I see what your saying about the hebereke maps reggy, and i agree it would be fun to have them but they were the problem maps if i remember correctly.
plus do you guys remember when J man tried to bring back godz? We had so many lamers on it at once, we only ended up proving hermskii's point.

But yet godz is still on MHM so maybe there is a slight change that the maps could end up back on there.

then again knowing hermskii and his LOVE for bt hes probably laughing at the idea of it as hes reading this post LMAO! :lol:
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

Hermskii
Site Admin

Yeah yeah

Post by Hermskii » Thu May 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Stop it! The laughter is killing me...

Actually, there is a good chance that Godz is still on because I forgot to take it off or maybe simply decided to let it run it's course. I don't rememebr to be honest. Yes, the Hebreke type maps cause more trouble TO ME than they are worth. Sorry. They may stay away for a long time to come.

If I ever learned how to make maps you people would be amazed I think. I would make a Godz type map that would rule and would not be shunned by anybody. I hope to be rich someday and pay somebody to teach me this stuff. Really! I would only need them I think for about a month or two of full time mapping and I'd be on my way to being a great mapper. No time though right now and certainly no money. It will wait.

I have not a single complaint for or about Reggie Baby. You forum regulars are really doing a great job keeping this place clean and busy. Thank you all!
~Peace~

Hermskii

-SuPreMe-

Post by -SuPreMe- » Thu May 15, 2008 9:56 pm

lol pay for my plane ticket and ill teach u to map herm :D lol i could do with a holiday
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

Gregwards

Post by Gregwards » Fri May 16, 2008 5:06 am

when i said yay some1 finally mentioned me i was just joking around i was in a very bored mood and tired lol. i dont think any1 has got a problem with me that i know of and if they do, well, thats their problem and if they would pm me i can see what it is.
(thinks 2 much and gets a headache lol)
soz if i gave the wrong impression and never take anythink i post 2 seriously expessially if i post it in the early hours of the morning or late at night lol.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Sat May 17, 2008 1:43 am

Hermskii, just dig into a beginning mapping tutorial and you'll see how easy it really is.
The editor just looks difficult is all. :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Gregwards

Post by Gregwards » Sat May 17, 2008 6:08 am

Hook wrote:Hermskii, just dig into a beginning mapping tutorial and you'll see how easy it really is.
The editor just looks difficult is all. :wink:
that depends on which one you use cos i tried 1 (cant remember wat it was called) yet it sayed 1 thing and done another. also some peoples movers dont work. but other then that its just trail and error. thats your best shot in my own opinion. and if you do make a map hermskii save it multiple times so dat you know if you make a mistake you can delete and wont lose anything. either that or buy UT3 and on some there is a maping tutorial disk but i dunno if it will be relivent to Unrealed 2.0.

matrix

Post by matrix » Sat May 17, 2008 9:10 am

I agree about the easiness of UEd2.0.
It looks very difficult, but if you just read the intro to a tutorial you will understand how the interface works and how to get the program to understand you.
Once you know how to create a room, lighting, spawn points, wep spawns, etc.. it is mucho easier to learn to do more complex things, i.e: movers and such.. mainly because you know how the Ed works.

Give it a shot, I tried it and learned pretty fast, it takes some time and a lot of patience to learn, but once you get the hang of it, it gets easier.

A while back, Herm told me how the Welcome to MHM map was too long, and the server crashed several times a day and started on a long map that takes more than 3 people to complete in a timely manner, so, he told me to create a simple map where 16 people can spawn at once in a triangular room, where they would all face a straight, short hallway leading to the End Game thingy(forgot what its called).

That way, when the server crashes, all you have to do when you spawn is hit the forward arrow key to end the map. Simple.

Let me know if you still need it, Herm.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Yes

Post by Hermskii » Sat May 17, 2008 2:48 pm

Yes punk, I still need it. Sheeeesh.
~Peace~

Hermskii