{CLD} CROSSBONES Lucifur's Den - NEWS ...

HOOK's UT Place Forum, Website and Server Link!
Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Re: {CLD} CROSSBONES Lucifur's Den - NEWS ...

Post by Hook » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:52 pm

WOW - I have some Catching Up to do here since a month ago - Lots happening!
(I am just pasting some Stuff here for you to read through - any ???, just let me know)

First of all...
UPDATE on the NEW "SUPA-Deemer2011" mod... :lol:
A little more News...
As you know, (if you follow this), I had taken delivery of a Very Early BETA version 003 of "SUPA-Deemer2011"!!!
Well, I just got another Update - BETA version 004 !
We are Currently TRYING it out on CLD. :mrgreen: (prefix 04DM in MapVote)
Out of the planned 13+ Improvements/Innovations - 2 of them are (somewhat) completed. (So Far)
I know this doesn't sound like much (2 out of 13+), but this is "so far" and they are very cool and different.
These features have Not Ever been put in a Redeemer Arena mod before.
And, these were ADDED to the already Multi-faceted "PirateDeemerCMM" mod.
AND - these 2 first points, War Shell and Shock Wave, have about 15 settings just by themselves! :shock: :P
These settings are Still being refined by the coder, and they will get better, but they do work well even now.

We can try a few functions from the Early Beta version 004 out on {CLD}!
With this first trial, I think that I am going to set the SUPA-Deemer2011-BETA-004 mod to deliver a Fast Traveling Warshell with a very Large Shockwave, and maybe Add in a Secondary Shockwave, and maybe Different Colors of the 2 Shockwaves (First and Secondary (optional 2nd shock wave)), just to show what can be done - So Far! :lol:
Of course this set up will have to be on a few Large Maps to accommodate the Shockwave as set. :wink:

What is next? A "Seeking/Loc-On" feature? A "Better" View Finder/Sight on it? - etc.?
I wish I could "Spill the Beans" on what else we are working on, but some people out there would grab these ideas and take them to the bank. :P
Stay Tuned Folks! :wink:

Another XMAS Update...
Merry Christmas!!! :P
And JUST for Christmas...
We have set up the New Beta004 Redeemer with TWO (2) Shock waves for now.
(Primary and Secondary) And...
We have Colored the First and Second shock waves on the New "SUPA-DeemerCMM-Beta004"'s Blast Green and Red (respectively) ...
for Christmas! - ENJOY! :mrgreen: and Have a "BLAST!" :cheesy:

Oh I can't believe I said "Have a BLAST!" :roll: :lol:

And Now...
Just a note on the server move... (YEP we Moved CLD) :wink:

The Move was a success!
New IP = 68.232.183.18:7777

Enjoy!

More - Moving the {CLD} server from Los Angeles CA USA to Chicago IL USA was a complete success.
If fact, results now from the New Location in Chicago are way better than expected.
Most All players report a Much Lower (way better) ping from anywhere in the world!
(of course the only exception would be any players that live in the California area near the Old LA location - but their pings are still very good)

The better pings and connections, along with the New Redeemers and Features, and the Resulting New Players coming in, will certainly help {CLD} climb HIGH in the GameTrackers rankings! :P
Also, it will mean a Very Fun playing experience at CLD with all of the above - especially with the New Players along with the regulars.

Thanks you all!

Well, the {CLD} server has been moved now to Chicago and seems to work better for almost all the players, even those in Europe!
The only exception would be a few players that live near the old location in Los Angeles USA, but their ping was still very good at around 100 to 120.
Last night (a coupke of weeks ago?) we "Christened" the server in its new location and we had a Great turn out on CLD - we had 6 to 7 players for quite a while!
We actually had 9 or 10 one night!
A great "kick-off" for the New CLD! :woot:
Of course we played mostly with the New SUPA-DeemerCMM-BETA004 for 2011 - What a BEAST!!! :P
It is already becoming a Favorite with its Unique and Innovative style of play and Great New features Never Before seen in a Redeemer Arena mod, anywhere.
And there is still a ways to go yet with the development of this new Block Buster of a Redeemer.
We are merely checking it out now and testing it. (So far)
You may see it in Different Configurations from Day to Day, so if it looks a bit Different after you played it on another day, it probably was changed to another Test Configuration.
Please Try it, as it is - Any comments you have, Please let us know.

Anyway, we all had a LOT of FUN - and again it was Like Playing in the Good Old Golden Days of UT99 when servers had waiting lines to get in. :P
In fact we did have a player waiting to get in at one point.

Thanks to you Players and also to lucifur, the owner of CLD.
I also wish to thank the Great Effort that both Gopostal (the author of the Base redeemer mod) and to Mr. "H", the New SUPA-Deemer's author. :P

WHEW - I think that about Covers where we are at now on CLD! - Enjoy! :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Still working on the New Redeemer. :roll: (worth the wait though)

Also, the Beta 004 version is on our server "CLD", so give it a try. (IP in my sig)
"04DM" prefix in the 2nd column of mapvote.
I have been changing its configuration around a bit on a day to day basis, so it may not be the same as you last played it.

Currently still has Green Primary Shock Wave and Red Secondary - for the Holidays! :P

Stay Tuned Folks!

ZippityDooDa
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue

Join Our Servers on Facebook and now Youtube Channel!

Post by ZippityDooDa » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:20 am

Hooks UT place is now feautred on Facebook and Youtube, you can find us here

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001288919084

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CLDComunity?feature=mhum

These our under construction but both are coming together nicely :) help us support UT99 and Our servers Everyone, THanks!!
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

Hook

Post by Hook » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:33 pm

I have just downloaded the Newest Beta "PirateDeemerCMM005"! :woot:
I have not had a chance to try it out yet but...
Again, by just looking at the settings for this latest Beta version, it is truly WAY Sweeter than I even expected or imagined. :P
I will be checking it out and will probably Share it with some of you to try also so I can get your opinions on it.
I may put it on the server and set a password for a bit and let a few of you have the password to try it.
AWESOME!!! :cheesy:

Hook

Post by Hook » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:12 pm

OOPS - sorry for the 2 poster here, but I had to update... :wink:

We have been developing a New Redeemer mod that we tentatively call ...
"SUPA-DeemerCMM" (temporary)

We are currently running an early BETA version 004 of this totally awesome new redeemer for 2011 on our {CLD} server called ...
"PirateDeemerCMM004"
For an Early Trial. IP = 68.232.183.18:7777
See Column 2 in MapVote with the Maps for this mod using the "04DM" prefix.

This redeemer is Very Versatile and can appear in several configurations and may not be recognized as the same Redeemer from configuration to configuration.

I have also Just received another BETA version "005" phase called "PirateDeemerCMM005" that is WAY Sweet judging by its new ini settings that are added to its already huge array of settings it already has.

We will keep you informed Folks! - Thanks! - and Stay Tuned! ;)

Hook

Post by Hook » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Hook wrote:OOPS - sorry for the 2 poster here, but I had to update... :wink:

We are currently running an early BETA version 004 of this totally awesome new redeemer for 2011 on our {CLD} server called ...
"PirateDeemerCMM004"

This redeemer is Very Versatile and can appear in several configurations and may not be recognized as the same Redeemer from configuration to configuration.

I have also Just received another BETA version "005" phase called "PirateDeemerCMM005" that is WAY Sweet judging by its new ini settings that are added to its already huge array of settings it already has.

OK - we have a NEW "CROSSBONES" Test Server running now, but I still have to find the time to set it up totally.
We will be running the NEW Redeemer Tests there for a while.
It is Password Protected and is Invitation Only for now.
(No Invitations have been sent out yet)
More Later. :wink:

Hook

Post by Hook » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Hook wrote:
Hook wrote:OOPS - sorry for the 2 poster here, but I had to update... :wink:

"PirateDeemerCMM004"

OK - we have a NEW "CROSSBONES" Test Server running now, but I still have to find the time to set it up totally.
We will be running the NEW Redeemer Tests there for a while.
It is Password Protected and is Invitation Only for now.
(No Invitations have been sent out yet)
More Later. :wink:
I am REALLY Excited about this Latest BETA version 005!!! :shock: :P
Even at this early Beta stage this New Deemer kicks butt!

We have not implemented the "seeking/loc-on" part of this New Redeemer yet as that is still on the back burner since last year or so.
I am not even sure about it either as I have heard some pretty Negative Comments about this type of deemer being developed (and tested) elsewhere - of course it seems to be taken a bit Over Board by them and may be TOO Much. LOL :lol: And may even be Crashing before it hardly gets out.
But, in any case, WE will probably still finish OUR Own Original version of the "seeking/loc-on" Redeemer, as an Option to our New Redeemer for 2011. :wink:

I received an early test version of 005, but there were a couple of minor bugs to fix.
Soooo, I am waiting for the fixed 005 Beta version to be re-sent to me, as these bugs Have Been Fixed now! :P

Stay Tuned Folks! :wink:

Hermskii
Site Admin
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:55 pm

No way! A seeking Deemer? Hahahaha. Do it BOY!!!
~Peace~

Hermskii

5i1ent/3ob

Post by 5i1ent/3ob » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:55 pm

I suppose the challenge will then be to see who can get the most auto-locking missiles launched?
If both, aiming and deciding when to detonate are figured out for us I'm not sure what else that leaves for us to do lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The test run of the combo weapons we played last night, although I know will be modified, I can tell you straight away that if I'm in a map with the choice of whether to use war heads from hell or stingers I wont ever bother with Stingers.
I can't imagine a scenario in any map with both weapons where I'd be better off choosing the weaker of the two.
If I can take someone out from two blocks away with a big-boomer then why would I chance getting close enough to use the Stinger?
Also, because we are protected from our own concussion, even close-range operation with the big-boom is safe. In fact, in certain maps I've found that I can take advantage of the auto protection to blast myself up even higher than grav boots can take me and any time you are above the action you are at an advantage in my opinion.

I do get that the idea is to create interest through variety, but I think most people are playing the mods they play because they already like the weapons they're using.

I think having more than one mod though is a good idea so that one server can accommodate several kinds of play, I'm just not yet sure that combining those two particular weapons is working. Maybe two diff weapons of equal ability and strength?

Hook

Post by Hook » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:48 am

Hey SB, don't worry.
This will be all ironed out in the end about the multi-deemers.
That was just a glitch happening now on the CLD server, and when finalized will NOT be confusing, I promise you.
And, it will be an option is all. :wink:

And NO, - IF we even add the seeking/loc-on feature, it won't be really any different than what you see in the regular rocket launcher, as we would probably just use that similar code is all.
Any other additional delving into the seeking/loc-on feature would be way Over Kill, is not really wanted, and this would only be intended as a side optional feature of our Main SUPA-Deemer.
Not a whole game type featuring it at all - that would be ridiculous I think as you kind of stated yourself.

SOME NEWS...
Actually, I now just took delivery of the next new phase of PirateDeemerCMM and we completely bypassed version 005!
I now have the Latest BETA version called PirateDeemerCMM006 :P
This one is really cool and comes a lot closer to what we had in mind when we started this new project and takes our new deemer Leaps Ahead now! :D
This one has some major big additions and fixes a lot of things also.
I will be setting it up on our TEST Server ASAP and then will invite some trusted people there for the trials. :wink:

Stay Tuned Folks!

Hook

Post by Hook » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:57 am

Just an Update on the New Redeemer Testing on our test server...

So far - So GREAT! :P
Played it again last night with some New Configs with lucifur - Great Fun!
Even Better than expected results - No problems at all with it either - AND, we tried some new ways of serving up this awesome New Mod also! Works Flawlessly! :wink:

Well, we will be testing for a bit and also push forward some more on the development end.
I hope we can wind this mod up within the next month. ???

Stay Tuned - Well worth the wait is the buzz on this one. :P

Hook

Post by Hook » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:01 am

Disregard the above post - here is one with some more Info...

Just an Update on the New Redeemer mod (BETA version 006) Testing on our private CROSSBONES test server...
(Note: this "test" server is currently by invitation only - just for now for development)

So far - So GREAT! :P
Played it again last night with some New Configs with lucifur - Great Fun!
Even Better than expected results - No problems at all with it either - AND, we tried some new ways of serving up this awesome New Mod also!
Works Flawlessly! :wink:

Well, we will be testing for a bit and also pushing forward some more on the development end.
I hope we can wind this mod up within the next month. ??? (not sure)

Stay Tuned - "Well worth the wait!" is the buzz on this one. :P

PS: Just a Note about our CLD Server... CHANGES!!!
"CROSSBONES Lucifur's Den" {CLD} is currently running a few good redeemer mods and also Regular DM and also a Zark Rifle V6 section.
This will very likely be changing within the next month or so.
{CLD} will most like Expand into the Regular DM games but that is not all!
At {CLD} We plan on going to the use of the New "NALI WEAPONS" by Feralidragon. YES!!!
Regular Players and Fans of this server Please take note of these changes coming!!!

The "Test Server" noted above in this post will Very Likely become the NEW REDEEMER Server for CROSSBONES Server Group as we Expand.
When this is going to happen is not yet set in stone, but it will most likely be within the next month or so.
When we have the Information about this change, we will post it all over so you will not miss out on it.

Stay Tuned for more information Fans and Folks! :wink:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:56 pm

You're starting a server with the new Nali weapons? But...but...I was going.....nevermind!

Please note my super secret server is not going to happen after all. Yeah, it was just too hard to set up in the long run. No big deal I guess.

Ahhhh! I'm just kidding folks! LOL. My plan is still moving forward with my secret server and this is real exciting to hear that HOOK will have a Nali Weapons server in addition to the deemer stuff he already has going. Way to go HOOK!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook

Post by Hook » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:01 pm

I hope you aren't serious about you doing it also???
It wasn't my idea - it was lucifur's and Kellers.

I surely hope your secret server is something else and better. :P

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:13 am

I have let my little project out of the bag just a few moments ago. Notice any new forums here lately? Look closely! While I had planned to run a Nali Weapons server at some point, that plan had been on hold for over a few years. I could just never launch on it cuss I didn't have the time. Then, just recently, I decided to go with a ChaosUT server first. It is now up and running (barely). Then it hit me how much I enjoyed another very similar mod so I dug it up and started trying to get it to go. Well, it is up and running right now too! Both the ChaosUT server and this new one I just started are just babies! I still have plenty to do to both of them but my next goal prior to tweaking them to my liking will be to hurry up and build the ChaosUT Server for UT2K4. Once it is basically up like these last 2, I will come full circle back to CG and start upgrading it as described in other posts around here somewhere. Then MHM, then ChaosUT then the new server I just turned on and lastly the ChaosUT for UT2K4. Yep! I have tons to do and I'm thrilled! I'm looking forward to having lots of fun with all 5 these servers I'll have! It's good to be basically moved in to my new house! I can focus some now! So HOOK, yes it is something else. Better? I doubt it. Nali Weapons is as cool as they come but this was the direction I wanted to go first. Think of these servers as what was available before Ferilidragon made his Awesome Nali Weapons mod! Give my stuff a whirl. Played with friends, I struggle to think of what could be more fun!
~Peace~

Hermskii