Mr Titan???

HOOK's UT Place Forum, Website and Server Link!
David
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Mr Titan???

Post by David » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:56 pm

I am confused. I went to CMM and there was a player with the name of Mr Titan. He was foul mouthed some, but yet he was talking before I came in all the way so he was talking to bots... He had a ping... but yet when I voted for a map change, it went directly to the map I voted for compared to wait for other real players to vote.

I am confused. Is it a bot...or human player.. I never ran into Mr Titan before. But by his language he belongs on another server where that type of language is more at home.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

David

Re: Mr Titan???

Post by David » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:03 pm

Hermskii back in 2003 on beyondunreal.com wrote:There is a bot named Mr. Titan who talks smack through the whole game. He has a ping and everything. He is a blast to fight with and I love it when people see him for the first time especially if they are like me and didn't play the Original Unreal. Mr. Titan is exactly that. You have to jump down wells and make a perfect fall through the hole or you get splattered. This smap will be back on my server by April at the latest! If you get into Mr. Titans .ini file you can actually make him say whatever you want or talk to other players as him!
I have not seen Mr Titan before??? Is it a bot that was added recently to CMM or to that map?

David

Post by David » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:25 pm

Hook or Herm, you can delete this whole thread. I did some more reading. Anyways..Mr Titan is a bot. Plain and simple.

EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:44 am

Not exactly. Mr Titan, who isn't always "Mr. Titan" is a cleverly designed monster that can play in games. He's incorporated into a number of maps I have. My favorite is CTF-Titania where there's two of him on the map, one named Daedelus and the other Amadeus.

It's part of a team monster package that's real old and a lot of us have, though you may or may not know if you do.

I've seen him in DM, DOM, CTF, MH, and a few other gametypes.

Unlike most monsters, if you're playing LMS, he can actually take off your lives. Most monsters can't do that, except the military skaarj if they're using game weapons. Most monsters kill you in LMS it doesn't take away from your remaining lives.

If you play on a team with one of the Mr Titans, you can try ordering him but it doesn't quite work. The big guy does not like to be ordered around.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:40 am

I already described what is about this. Why are you intrigated by this script ? Is just a scriptedpawn with special properties. Yea, can reject orders telling you another replies depending on ini settings. Won't be visible in players list at server-browsers, so cannot be used for ranking servers and isn't human either, you cannot controll him, is a standalone and a rebel. Why so much noise about it ? He didn't something bad (just killed a few noobs :) ). Was meant to put some fun in UT, I didn't noticed a server-crash using it. If you don't like it leave it alone. Aaa, some Nexgens are ruining it ? I don't care, in my server is working fine in both maps used in MH.

David

Post by David » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:20 pm

Mr Titan meet DAVID... :wink:
Shot0041.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:44 pm

Hello David! Mr. Titan once again gives me a good laugh. Sorry at your expense this particular round. I was the first to put this map on my Deemer Server years ago and he totally fooled me as well. I'd rather not remove this topic as this just contibutes to this maps long history of spell-binding players. You are a special member here though and if you ask me to again, I will remove this topic.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:07 pm

LOL - another eh Herm?
You are not the first David.
Just nuke him! :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777