AverageJoe

HOOK's UT Place Forum, Website and Server Link!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

AverageJoe

Post by Hermskii » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:49 pm

So I saw AJ playing at HOOKS tonight. I joined and he stayed to end of the game which he one. It was a good lego city map. Anyways, I tried to talk to him and he would not talk. He then left. The main point here being he did not get booted when I joined. The next trick will be for me to already be there and AverageJoe too then have David show up. I met a player named Neon while I was there too. Asked him if he had joined the Forum at Hook's yet. No answer.
~Peace~

Hermskii

David
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Re: AverageJoe

Post by David » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:13 pm

Good idea and creating a post on this...
I saw Averagejoe on today (03/13/12) at 1709 hours (5:09 pm) and I tried to see if I am able to join without Averagejoe leaving.......nope. Within 5-10 seconds of me joining Averagejoe left..

I do not get it. He can't dislike me that much to leave each, and single time. But I do not know why he would get kicked out. Would IP conflict (for whatever reasons) cause this? I am grasping at straws.

I feel bad when I join I am kicking him out. A question to my mind at this point :idea: , if I was already on the server and he joined, would that kick me out or prevent him from joining????
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:21 pm

That is a thought. Maybe he isn't getting kicked after all. Maybe he really doo JUST HATE YOU! LOL.

Nobody hates David around here.....at least not as much as AverageJoe. LOL.

What did you do to him mannnnnn? LOL

OK, in all seriousness the next logical step would be to change your name (David) to something else and then join when he is playing there and see if he leaves or gets kicked or whatever it is that happens.

Report your finding here. No. There can't be a IP conflict.
~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:23 pm

Good idea about changing my name...at least as a trial when Averagejoe is on the server playing. Nice... I will give it a try and report back. I am impressed. Way to think out of the box.

David

Post by David » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Shot0000.JPG
Averagejoe hates me. Hates me enough to leave each time I enter the game.

I changed my name as Hermskii suggested and I played on the server with Averagejoe. No problems. I left the game and changed my name back to David. I then went back onto the server and he left within 5 seconds.....

I think Herm's suggestion help to shed the light on the real issue. Averagejoe does not like playing when I am on the server. I understand that and I am sorry he feels that way. I did not mean to beat him so baldy in the past that he flees when I enter..but I can't control him nor his feelings. I want to be able to get along with the people I play with/against, but at least I will no longer feel bad if I enter the server and he CHOOSES to leave. It is on him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:11 pm

That is damn peculiar is all I can say. I have never heard a negative anything about you David from anyone...ever.

It almost makes me mad that he does this but I also certainly respect his choice to do so and I won't follow this up any with him. I think it is odd and well it is what it is. He isn't saying anything bad about you or anything to anyone thatI know of. I tried to talk with him and he would not reply.

I can't recall if I ever spoke with him in the past or not. there have been so many people that have come and gone over the years. I'm getting old too. I forget things sometimes. I hope he speaks his mind here at some point but otherwise I'm letting this go. It's over.
~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:49 am

Honestly, the only thing I can figure is maybe I play too aggressively...too competitive. I don't taunt, but I know in the past I have dusted some players just because I am caught up in the competitive nature of the game. Maybe with averagejoe, he got irritated with me because of this :?:

I know how it feels when you are in a game and a certain player just killing everybody and you do not have much a chance. I know that can drain the fun out of things.

I know how it feels to look who is on the server and see that one player listed on the server and you are asking yourself (no, not do I feel lucky 8) ) am I in the mood to get destroyed and have no fun? Most people would say no.

I guess I need to work on my gamesmanship. If needed I will use an alias on CMM when averagejoe is playing and work on this.

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Im sure your gamesmanship is just fine and equally fair David.
Well, we all play UT to do the best we can and win the game. The only time it would be unfair gamesmanship without using a cheat would be if you and a couple buddies gang up on a poor soul and hunt him down. For all we know AJ could be a young kid, too shy to chat and if he feels someone makes it hard for him to play he will leave, kids just do that. Nothing anyone can do really unless we get feedback from AJ. If by chance David you get in a game with AJ and he stays, show some mercy and hopefully he will stick around longer from then on. lol

A side note: I really need to get back into Redeemer and join you guys more often.
--- END OF LINE ---

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Yeah, I do not understand this!
averagejoe chats with the best of them - he usually chats quite a bit, and very well mannered too. :?

Consider this also - averagejoe is very aware of the problem and he himself talked to Beagle about it when it happened. (and others too)
That kinda blows the he hates David theory away I think.

I am leaning more towards this... (or something like it)
I am wondering if there MAY be a bug in something else, such as the "Keep It Clean" part of the mod or something?
That mod is capable of kicking players for bad names and/or chat.
Maybe the mod takes in the 2 names (it does logs them) and for some reason may be doing a false kick or something?
I wouldn't come to any conclusions just yet.

I should disable that part of the mod and see.
And also check with averagejoe about what he thinks also.
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Good Plan Hook!
--- END OF LINE ---

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm going to change my name to David and join next time I see him just to see what happens. I'll do it more for just for the fun of it. LOL. No, really, I just want see what happens. First i'll do some off the wall name. I'll tell him then it is me. Then I'll get out and come back as Hermskii. I'll chat with him again and then I'll come in as David.
~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:55 am

Well last night was fun. I was playing under a different name just to see if Averagejoe will come to the server. Hook, Beagle, and Geylox were there. Hook knew it was me. I told Beagle who I was (Hey Beagle, it is me David :mrgreen: ). We were playing and during the play, Averagejoe showed up and we continued to play.

Again I do not have anything bad to say about Averagejoe. Averagejoe has been a good, well mannered player and to my knowledge I have not done anything to him in a negative way.

Anyway back to the game that myself, Beagle, Greylox, Hook AND Averagejoe were playing. I was doing good, but then Beagle was using his trans, jumping in the air and moving around like crazy and while moving around, pounds the heck out of me. I thought about telling Averagejoe that I was David and I was playing under a different name, but I decided to wait. So I get focused on trying to get Beagle, and I swear I am barley missing him, I noticed that another player enters the match...it was a player by the name of "David" :wink: . I noticed this and I was surprised. Everybody played for some time, I do not think Averagejoe noticed "David's" arrival until a little later. Averagejoe then left. It was Hermskii playing the game as David to see what Averagejoe would do. And I do feel that Averagejoe left the game was not kicked for Averagejoe was playing while Herm first arrive without any issues. I think Averagejoe was caught up in the game as the rest of us and did not notice the arrival of David. Only after he sees that David is playing did he leave.

In all, it was a fun productive night I think. I played a good game with good people and got to see what my name does to some others. It was cool to hang with Hook, Hermskii, Greylox, and Beagle. Good game guys.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:20 am

I feel awful! I showed up as David and AverageJoe left the game. Then I changed my name to Hermskii and everybody else left the game except for Beagle. Deny it!!!

Beagle is my new Executive Officer here BTW. LOL
~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:54 am

Hermskii wrote:I feel awful! I showed up as David and AverageJoe left the game. Then I changed my name to Hermskii and everybody else left the game except for Beagle. Deny it!!!

Beagle is my new Executive Officer here BTW. LOL
I felt bad leaving because you were there Herm. Honestly. At the beginning of that map, myself and Hook both stated that this would be our last game. I was tired last night. When you came into the game, I thought about staying, but I decided to be true to my word and went to bed. So I ended up waking up at 0430 hours this morning (day off) and had nothing to do :cry:

I forgot to mentioned, Beagle won that game and Greylox edged me out and I came in 3rd. Good game.

Why is Beagle not a member here?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:53 am

That is a great question. Beagle is an alias for another name that I know but won't expose. It is no big secret either I don't think but I'm unclear if he even knows that I know who he really is. No matter who he really is either as he a likable person no matter the name he uses. I have spoken with him in the past and tried to get him to join. He even might have already joined under his other name but just didn't turn out to be a forum type. I don't recall for sure but I'm just glad to see him still playing after all of this time so I just play whether he does or not and he does the same. I think we hold each other in equal positive regard.
~Peace~

Hermskii