Persistance of Score. And did I crash the server tonight?

Post all {HOHCUT2K4} content here!
a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Persistance of Score. And did I crash the server tonight?

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:10 am

You know how you can't escape your rotten score on CG by reconnecting because it will still be there upon your return? Well maybe that would be nice on the Chaos UT2k4 server for other reasons. Such as the fact that nameless gets disconnected fairly regularly; (seems every 2-4 maps or there about) and so I'd like to see my score still be there by the time I get back. One hates to have to start all over again. ;)
Is it possible to set up UT2k4 with this feature?

And HEY WOW, did I crash the server during KillBillyBarn tonight there, Sir Mandrake?
All I know is I had the relic of strength, and when I climbed to the top of the silo and released that gravity vortex, all hell broke loose. I saw a bot or two go in, then I got you, and another bot and ......... then wham wham wham wham wham the same sound over and over again. My PC was locked up solidly. You weren't there by the time I rebooted and reconnected, so I wonder if I killed the server or if you just left the game after I disappeared. :o :lol:
In any case, GG's all the way m8. 8)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: Persistance of Score. And did I crash the server tonight?

Post by Hermskii » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:20 am

Isn't that thing the coolest thing EVER! Really? You wrecked the server? I still show it up and running so I suspect it was just your system. I'm glad to hear you got Sir Mandrake in there too for a little bit. I had a great time when I played with you too.

About keeping your score when you leave or get disconnected and you come back in...

In UT 99, it is a mutator called Pheonix that I'm using that does that. If they have one for UT2004 (and they will), I will install it just for you Nameless! You are right. We need it. I just put it on the UT99 Chaos server a second ago. It will go on all of the servers over time.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:33 am

Hmm nope the server didnt hiccup once during my untimely deaths - Twice- to that vortex lol - 1st time you got me where it counted then the game strategicly spawned me right near the vortex, inside the barn... pulled me thru a wall and BAM! LOL wow was all I could say.... I thought you did had to leave, I finished the match and wait for a min to see if you came back. Sorry about that.... but yeah very good matches indeed, I had a blast... Herm! I just missed you too ... Grrr..

Cant wait for more of this fun. Also yeah, some way to retain the score after a disconnect will be great since its quite difficult to rack up a decent score with good players in there.
--- END OF LINE ---

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:59 am

Hermskii wrote:Isn't that thing the coolest thing EVER! Really? You wrecked the server? I still show it up and running so I suspect it was just your system. I'm glad to hear you got Sir Mandrake in there too for a little bit. I had a great time when I played with you too.

About keeping your score when you leave or get disconnected and you come back in...

In UT 99, it is a mutator called Pheonix that I'm using that does that. If they have one for UT2004 (and they will), I will install it just for you Nameless! You are right. We need it. I just put it on the UT99 Chaos server a second ago. It will go on all of the servers over time.
Well I'm glad I didn't wreck the server, although that would have been too funny if I had.
You know I didn't dare watch that vortex do its thing, as soon as I released it I crawled to the far side of the silo's roof. I'm pretty sure it would have gotten me also since it may have been amped up by the relic of strength.
If you get sucked in by the vortex, try to air steer away, and hit jump constantly. I was able to get to the edge and then go flying over the top of it earlier in the map, and landed on the far side of the map from where I started. So survival is possible.
I do wish I had seen Sir Mandrake go flying through that wall though. That would have been worth the lock up I got, all by itself! :wink: :lol:

And hey, thanks for the mutator Herm. I appreciate the gesture, and the efforts you make to build a good server. You really are the most dedicated host I've come across in the UT world. As I've said so many times before, if I ever get down to Texas, the beers are on me. 8)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:54 pm

Stop! Just stop. You're going to make me cry...

Thanks Nameless!
~Peace~

Hermskii