Post all {HOHCUT2K4} content here!
a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Server refused to send error

Post by a nameless entity » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Herm, something is wrong with DM-Deck 16 ]i[

Did you overwrite this one when installing some maps? Because something has changed. I have this map on my PC and it was the same as yours before today. But suddenly as of today I need to download it. And then I get most of the map when the process stops and I get the "server refused to send" error.

So something has been changed. If you need a file I can send it to you. I will keep you informed of any further developments. Such as: You cannot play on the server until this is resolved. ;) :mrgreen:
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: Server refused to send error

Post by Hermskii » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:50 am

Actually, yes, I do recall seeing that one of the new files was that version of Deck. Great. So the server is stuck right now huh? There is nothing I can do from work so it will have to wait until this evening. Sorry Nameless.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:37 pm

Ok same problem with DM Malevolence, I'm afraid. (Yes, that's why I didn't return.)

I have space limitations on my hard drives, so I am going to wait until I see what the map rotation will be, then go get those maps only.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Roger that. I had to take both versions of it off. Both had the same error. I went through a few other maps of new/old and they were fine.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:46 pm

DM-Deck 16]i[ version mismatch :(

Ok what's going on here is: The name appears as DM-Deck 16]i[ in map vote, and during the "loading" screen, but once you begin to play it you see that it is a completely different map from the original one that was running. And it's nasty: ugly map, uglier music. If you hit F1 during play you see that the name for the map is really: DM-Deck 16]|[, so I guess there are naming issues with this map. If you can change the names all through it to match up with the name you see in F1, then you can have another version of Deck 16 running. It's not bad design wise, there are some interesting ideas, but it's just got ugly textures and terrible music. Also the nice thing about the other, better, Deck 16]i[ is that you have better flow since that dead end corridor is now opened up, and goes up to the top deck via a jump pad.

So do you still have the "other" one? It ran fine, was much nicer, and had better music. Run both if you can. If you can't change the naming over, then just run the original please. :)

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:33 am

Will do tonight and yes, I found the original one again last night. I'll reload it tonight. It may be pretty late when I do.

I used to have the server auto change levels every hour if nobody was playing but I turned it off to make sure I see the errors if they happen. The server will get stuck when yhey happen and I'll find it when I get home each night. It is the easiest way for me to gradually identify all the errors since eventually everything will get played or used on the server. I think I did it this way with CG and MHM too in the beginning. I'd rather do it like this than go searching through logs looking for errors. I'd rather have them find me. Peace!
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:14 pm

Something weird tonight: I selected DM-Deck 16]i[ in map vote, and when I saw in the preview pane that it was the original map, I quit the game so that I could put my copy of the map back into my map folder. However after restarting, I got the version mismatch error again. So I pulled it back out of the maps folder again, and returned to the game a 3rd time. When I called up the map, it turned out to be that turquoise underwater Deck 16 map that only shows its "true" name in F1 during play, DM-Deck 16]|[

Man that map is ugly. And it is small. I get stuck in between the boxes near the grenade launcher where the health vials are hidden, and elsewhere. It's as if the mapper didn't take into account the size of the bots when he laid out the dimensions for the map. Everything is a size too small, dimensionally.
Like I said before it has some interesting ideas, but it's really a beta, and needs more work.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:51 am

OK. There was a 12mb version on there and I swapped it out with a 10mb version I had. I think it is what you wanted. I also installed a direct port version of DM-Morbias which looks great and I finally got one of the 3 versions of DM-Malevolence to work. It is a very good looking remake!!!

Let me know on everything. I think I'm back to a status of good to go!
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:03 pm

Hermskii wrote:Let me know on everything.
OK, Deck 16]i[ is a go once again, and looking good! I haven't played Malevolence lately, but I've given a number of the other remakes a peek, and they seem to run well.
(DM-Gael is really a remake of Morbias with a slightly different theme.)

And omg lol, DM Redeem 2004 is a remake of a UT 99 map whose name I forget. Clearly in non Chaos format it is supposed to be full of redeemers, but what we get is much cooler. At first it seemed the bots were too dumb to pick up the Gravity Vortexes or Turret Launchers, but then suddenly all hell broke loose with artificial gravity wells everywhere. I had just put a turret into two of the four rooms with plans to put one each in the other two rooms when the bots went nuts with the Gravity Vortexes. Talk about your loop of poop! :D They crashed my computer!! LMAO. :lol: 8)

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:19 pm

Awesome then! I added 4 new maps tonight. Ariza, DeathFan, Underground and Citadel. I swear I added about 10 other maps but I'm dead tired and calling it a night shortly. I am going to try to log in and see what you're talking about! Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii