Frozen (almost) solid!

Post all {HOHCUT2K4} content here!
a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Frozen (almost) solid!

Post by a nameless entity » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:00 pm

I was playing in DM-CBP1-Golden Dawn a few minutes ago, when a bot shot me with a MUG loaded with the freezing ammo instead of the usual flames. He got me good and proper too. I took damage and then gradually could only move very slowly. I took out the bot, and in slow motion made it to a jump pad so I could get the heck out of there. I've played other games where you can be part frozen like that and can only move very slowly for a short time, but in this instance the effect did not wear off. For the rest of the match I was forced to be a sniper and camp a small area. I could not jump, double jump, or dodge more than a couple of inches. I checked this by going into 3rd person view.

I suppose if I had been killed at some point I would respawn and be able to move at full speed again, but I kept playing until I won so I don't know for sure. I tried to check to see if this phenomenon is a normal effect of the MUG when loaded with freeze cartridges, but the web page that describes the Chaos weapons isn't loading properly at this time. It is full of error messages. I guess I should have suicided to find out, but I was camping a busy spot and thought the bots would get me. This is something we need to check out. Is it supposed to play out this way? Or was this a one time glitch? Or is there an error in the coding for this weapon? This was unusual enough that I'm curious to know the answer. :o :lol:
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

a nameless entity

Re: Frozen (almost) solid!

Post by a nameless entity » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:45 am

Well in the mean time I've seen a bot that got frozen and was only able to run slowly for some time after being hit.

One nasty thing about the freeze gun is that it crashes my game if I take enough damage from it. If I try to run away, or try to rush the bot that is shooting me, I'll see the whole screen ice up like a window pane in a leaky window frame during the winter.
And then ........ the game crashes and I must force a reboot by pushing the on button. :roll:

ZippityDooDa
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue

Post by ZippityDooDa » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:51 am

a nameless entity wrote:Well in the mean time I've seen a bot that got frozen and was only able to run slowly for some time after being hit.

One nasty thing about the freeze gun is that it crashes my game if I take enough damage from it. If I try to run away, or try to rush the bot that is shooting me, I'll see the whole screen ice up like a window pane in a leaky window frame during the winter.
And then ........ the game crashes and I must force a reboot by pushing the on button. :roll:
Didn't know you could freeze things, interesting.
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:58 am

If you have a gaming mouse, once you have the mod installed you should assign a button to ammo switching. Most weapons have more than one kind of ammo, as you've no doubt noticed. The explosive arrows for the crossbow can be very nasty, for instance.

The "MUG" is a flame thrower by default, but can be a freeze gun if you pick up the blue ammo packs and switch over.
Many weapons have extra capabilities built in too, which are only accessible if you have the mod installed. I believe the links are working again, so go to the page that describes the weapons and see what they can do. :D

Hermskii
Site Admin
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:58 pm

I want to see the freeze. Lets line uop and shoot each other soon.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:51 pm

There's a number of games, ut99 included, that have freeze guns incorporated into them.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:52 pm

There's a number of games, ut99 included, that have freeze guns incorporated into them.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:52 pm

Whoops!
:shock:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:04 pm

I know that but i want to see what Nameless is seeing with the window freezing up and stuff! Great shots EvilGrins. You always get very clear pictures of stuff.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:20 pm

Convert screenshots to .png and it helps the clarity.

.jpg gets a little fuzzy, especially with the color red

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:14 pm

I will definately have to set up key binds this week, I have none but the default and I am using a $7 K-mart mouse to frag on. I also need the mod installed client side, anyone have the links for this?
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 pm

My screenshots are key-bound to F9

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:11 pm

KiLLaKeLLeR wrote:I will definately have to set up key binds this week, I have none but the default and I am using a $7 K-mart mouse to frag on. I also need the mod installed client side, anyone have the links for this?
OK here you go:

http://www.chaoticdreams.org/c2_download.php?view=cut2

Once you have installed then you can do your key binds for the Chaos specific stuff.

I strongly suggest that you invest in a gaming mouse. The more buttons on it the better. I have ammo switch, relic drop, and the unique to Chaos move "kick" programmed onto my mouse. This makes things a lot easier during the game.

The other thing you want to do is assign your weapon priorities. Click on "weapons" on the settings screen, and drag the chaos weapons to the top of the list in your desired order of preference. Then make sure your ordinary UT2k4 weapons are arranged in the order you like just below all of the chaos weapons.

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:29 pm

Hermskii wrote:I know that but i want to see what Nameless is seeing with the window freezing up and stuff! Great shots EvilGrins. You always get very clear pictures of stuff.
I'd love to give you a screen shot of what I see, but it happens so fast that I cannot get it done. The game crashes really quickly, and it's such a nasty crash that it takes my whole PC down with it. :(

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:55 pm

Alright this has got to stop. Tonight my game crashed while I was being shot from behind by the freeze gun. So it's not the animation of the cloud of freezing vapour that overwhelms my video card or anything like that. It's the stupid ammo itself. For whatever reason I have no problem with the flame thrower aspect of the MUG, but the freeze gun effect is a game crasher.

I have also noticed that everyone, players and bots alike, stay frozen and therefore slowed down, in proportion to the amount of damage they take from the freeze gun. And it does NOT wear off. You MUST die to be able to move freely again.

I think that is a glitch due to imperfect coding of the weapon. But only someone from the Chaos community can clear that issue up.

In any event, I am sick and tired of crashing out due to the freeze gun. Herm, please remove the freeze ammo from the server if possible at least until we can find out if other players suffer from this glitch also.