R.Flagg
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Forums back up

Post by R.Flagg » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi guys.

Just FYI - the Chaos forums are back online, at a new host. But we were able to install the database, so all threads and profiles are still intact.

Also - the main website has been restored. But, on top of that, there should be a new version of the Chaos site going up soon.

Everything was down for a very long time, and I'm sorry about that, but because of that I wanted to come let you guys know. Just in case you had given up and stopped checking.

Thanks so much for hosting and playing!

Hermskii
Site Admin

Re: Forums back up

Post by Hermskii » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:40 pm

Real quick everyone, This is R.Flagg who just joined us and posted. he is one of the original Chaos creators! he ahs hung out and watched over their forum over there all of this time now. I'm unsure of any official position he has with the CHAOS TEAM now but I don't care either. Consider that he and others made a MOD so cool that EPIC added it to their Game Of The Year release. These guys won the entire contest for making a cool mod! For me, this is like meeting one of the guys who made UT. I'm very excited to have him here!!!

Nameless Entity was our first person here to notice it was down and first to notice it was back up. Have you spoken with FurrySound of late? I was in some pretty deep discussions with him about the website while it was down. Are you aware of any of that?

A new Chaos Web Site? Really! Awesome. About how long before it goes live? How long has it been in the works? be sure to get into our Welcome to the show portion of the forum and follow the directions. I do support you telling everybody about "Other Game Types" and all of these other things you do. You may even round up a group here to play with. Tell us all about it. Peace!
~Peace~

Hermskii

R.Flagg

Post by R.Flagg » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Wow. Thanks for the kind words. Perhaps a bit over the top, :oops: but hey, thanks just the same.

I forgot to mention that the main site is no longer at BeyondUnreal. You can find it now at

http://www.chaoticdreams.org

BTW just to clarify a couple things

- I started out as hardcore Q2Chaos player (waaay back when). Then became the lead beta tester for the Chaos team when they made the move to Unreal engine. Eventually I was added as team member, and over the years eventually became co- team leader. Which I still am, although the team has sort of unofficially disbanded due to lack of development.

Of course some of us are always hopeful some new version will return, somehow, somewhere.

- Chaos was added to the ECE retail release, but did not win the *entire* Make Something Unreal Contest. That is two separate things.

- our new host (who goes by extremely creative nick of "Tim" has in fact spoken to FurrySound recently, which is why we were able to retain the forum database. Thanks to the kind efforts of FurrySound. Who hosted our forums (among other things) for an entire decade!! Can't thank Furry enough for all the various things he's done for Chaos over the years.

Anyway, thanks again for hosting, for playing, and for caring. :D

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:46 pm

Welcome R.Flagg! Need any help with the chaos or any projects let me know, I'm not a coder but I like to model and make maps (all ut's). I also signed up at chaoticdreams website, Keller is the nickname.
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24