Error Uploading Avatar

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
pebcak
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Error Uploading Avatar

Post by pebcak » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:00 am

Hello Herm,

I get these errors when I try to upload an avatar. It is a 5 kb gif 190 x 154

Pebcak

Warning: copy(./images/avatars/172391887142d7a4f52810d.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/users/web/b2887/ipw.hermskii/public_html/Forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 239

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/users/web/b2887/ipw.hermskii/public_html/Forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:239) in /home/users/web/b2887/ipw.hermskii/public_html/Forum/includes/page_header.php on line 475

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/users/web/b2887/ipw.hermskii/public_html/Forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:239) in /home/users/web/b2887/ipw.hermskii/public_html/Forum/includes/page_header.php on line 477

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/users/web/b2887/ipw.hermskii/public_html/Forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:239) in /home/users/web/b2887/ipw.hermskii/public_html/Forum/includes/page_header.php on line 478

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:15 pm

Yes, I got the same error message at the top of the page, while at the bottom it said that my profile had been updated. :?
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Nr.2000

Post by Nr.2000 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:46 pm

Yes I had the exactly same problem... :!:

But I still got my avatar working by linking to an already existing picture from another site, instead of uploading it to here. :)

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Yep

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:32 pm

I too chose the upload option since the link to other website option didn't work for me either. I will look into what the deal is with that anyway. We'll get it working. Funny! I got mine to work here and now it doesn't at RedeemerInsanity. Go figure?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Yo!

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:14 pm

Talk about pain in the butt! I found out I had to change permissions for a certain file to be writable so that you could upload your avatar. I deleted mine and reinstalled it the way we had all tried and failed. It worked as you can see so, please give it another shot Nameless and Pebcak. This phpBB is sorta hard sometimes. I may go with a different solution later but this one is free and does work pretty good over all. It is my favorite version of how a forum should look. Did you notice the little Curious George riding the missile in the top left? Even doing that was a slight pain in the butt. Let me know how it works for you. Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nr.2000

Post by Nr.2000 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:54 pm

Good job Hermskii. It looks like you fixed the avatar upload problems. It worked for me when I tried it. Also thanks for increasing the filesize and the max dimensions we can use on our avatars. :)

Plus I did notice the small monkey on the rocket you put on the top of the site. Very cute. We call him Peter Pedal over here... means the same in Danish as in English.

pebcak

Post by pebcak » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:39 pm

Thanks Herm,

That did it for me as well.

Gracias!