Downloads

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Downloads

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:17 pm

Right now, I have a whole list of working downloads in the "How To Manual" link on the home page of the website. I think I'm going to make another link up on the left of the home page and call it downloads. From that link, I will start putting up links to all of the more common files that I found useful for my UT experience. I don't want to get out of hand with it but I do want it to hopefully be close to one stop shopping for files used on my servers.
~Peace~

Hermskii

twsted

Post by twsted » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:58 pm

Any chance you can have all your maps and other mods / addons that you have on your server to download to save time and resources?....

#### I have compressed the collection of maps I have installed on MHM into a zip file per request. Go to www.Hermskii.com and select the link for MHM. Go to the bottom of the page and there is paragraph and a link dedicated to the Map Pack there. The link does work as I have tested it. The file is 184mb in size. Enjoy...Hermskii ####
Last edited by twsted on Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Welcome Twested!

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:38 pm

Yes I can but it will take a very long time for me to put it all together. My CG server already has this basically but I haven't had the time to do it with MHM. I will and I hope it will be soon too as in the next few weeks. You sound like you might be on 56k. Is that right? Both servers run with high speed redirect web servers so it should be too bad for you unless you are on 56k. Welcome to the forum!
~Peace~

Hermskii

twsted

Post by twsted » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:50 pm

No Im on cable modem , Ive just noticed that most of the monster hunt maps are HUGE in comparison to DM maps , as in huge I mean the map , an all the addons and mods that go with each map , it takes a bit to get all the ''goodies'' when theres alot of ppl trying to get them all at the same time :cry: so I just figured it would be easier to d/l them and install them so we as players wouldnt have to sit an wait and also saves resources on your end also :D , thus making the ''wheel spin faster'' so to speak :P . At any rate its great fun to play on and your server is fun an everyone that comes there is pretty cool to , thanks for the great game play ...twsted

dani

Post by dani » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:45 am

i too would like to dl the maps. it also makes for good practice offline. That would be cool. :D

Hermskii
Site Admin

OK

Post by Hermskii » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:16 pm

OK, I'll get moving on this over this weekend. Note that the slightest changes on the server will not be reflected on the download link once I make one.
~Peace~

Hermskii

K

Re: OK

Post by K » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:52 am

Hermskii wrote:OK, I'll get moving on this over this weekend. Note that the slightest changes on the server will not be reflected on the download link once I make one.
Yup. This also creates a possable problem folks. If you are downloading the maps and Hermskii makes a change to one of them you might get a "File missmatch" Error message, and wont be able to join in the game.

If this happens it is because the file on your computer is not identical to the one on the server. If this happens simply delete the file off your computer and it will download the new on when you connect. :mrgreen:

Question: Is it realy that long of a wait for you guys? The server is not running a slew of mods. It shouldn't take that long at all.

Hermskii
Site Admin

True

Post by Hermskii » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:11 pm

True. First it is awesome that I enable every player to download every file they could possibly need in order to play. No other servers do it I bet. Second, it the mods only have to download once and then they don't download again. My redirect is one of the fastest I've ever seen.
~Peace~

Hermskii

derdak2rot

Post by derdak2rot » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:55 am

Hermskii wrote :
My redirect is one of the fastest I've ever seen
I agree , and thanks a lot for that . :wink:
arrgh ! lost my head !

dani

Post by dani » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:15 pm

i just want them to play offline. when there is a full house or my internet is out. :oops:

twsted

Post by twsted » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:41 am

yes having the downloads would certainly be nice....

as far as the updates to the maps an mismatched stuff thats easy just delete what it tells you is mismatched wether it be a map or something in your system folder

some times i get that mismatch stuff alot if i have been server hopping ...an i then go back to my favorite server i get the mismatch error so i just delete said file an rejoin server thus downloading the newer file 8)

twsted

Post by twsted » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:47 am

how bout a link to a open directory say like http://hermskii.com/downloads/maps/

an have all your maps there in that directory or index which i believe is the correct term
and other indexs for say like mods skins maybe even a uploads section to upload yur skins that we all like to use ...lol just a thought......

dani

Post by dani » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:25 am

yes that would be cool. then maybe if possible i could use my wfutrecon skin she is hot. i think anyway. of course im a girl so what do i know right? lol :roll:

K

Post by K » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:36 am

twsted wrote: maybe even a uploads section to upload yur skins that we all like to use ...lol just a thought......
You dont need an upload section for skins. The server is running "Valhala Avatar"
Its a mod that makes your skin viewable to any one who has it in their UT directory. Witch also means the server doesnt have to be burdend with your files. It is all clientside. Less work for Hermskii is good for everyone! lol:D

twsted

Post by twsted » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:18 pm

i know what the "Valhala Avatar is but is doesnt work with every skin obvisously cause if it did id see dani's skin and mt.mans skin but i do not....but thats all neither here nor there....i just wanted to see about getting the monster hunt maps an some of the mods from Hermskii , i know i have them all in my maps folder an other folders but i want them in zipped up with everything in one file....oh well im done... if its a big deal i'll hunt em down if not them im sure herm will figure out something.... :D

Ps thanks again for the great game play ...twsted