Both?

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Both?

Post by Hermskii » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:20 pm

Yes both CG and MHM. Both servers are dead right now. Time of death was around 7:00 AM this morning. Cause of death will be issued when determined. Please give Hermskii his privacy during this trying time.
~Peace~

Hermskii

DARKMATTER
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by DARKMATTER » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:15 am

ImageImageImageImage

a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:32 pm

I hope you will be posting the autopsy report when its done, so we can understand what went wrong. :o :(
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

What went wrong

Post by Hermskii » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:18 pm

I still don't know exactly what went wrong.

What a pain in the butt. I found two dead cooling fans and was sure the mobo was dead since I cleared the cmos and booted and all I would get was a solid red hard drive light and power light. No beeps, no video. Nothing.

Sometimes an awful croaking sound would come from the speakers. The video never would work each time it seemed. I took out everything and started bare bone. I made it to the bios screen finally but after I'd set everything and reboot the PC would not boot up.

Finally, one time it booted and let me make the changes in the BIOS AGAIN and it booted a second straight time and came on all the way.

I replaced a case cooling fan and removed the northbridge fan altogether. I cleared and reset the entire BIOS and reseated everything from sound card to network card to memory sticks and video.

Let's just watch and see what happens. I fear the old girl is getting tired. I cleaned her up too while I was in there. There was lots of dust and a dead bug (Mesquito Hawk). I'm afraid if I turn the server off again, it won't boot back up. We'll see. Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii