Just some information

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
gopostal

Just some information

Post by gopostal » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:58 am

First off, I'd like to ask *WHY* am I not on the ban log? Who would have possibly believed I'd be posting because (fill-in-the-blank) is currently in the time-out lobby? Well done Herm, it's refreshing to see your renewed interest.

In the spirit of renewed interest, I'd like to hit on some statements regarding cheating. Herm and I were talking about it the other day and he asked my honest opinion if people did cheat. I can say without hesitation that yes I have seen it. I shared with him privately about who I suspected and why. I'm not in this thread to point fingers but I do want to share with you how easy it is to affect games. Fuzz referred to a speed hack (for instance), and this is something I think is currently common in redeemer games. Here's a sample thread:
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showt ... hp?t=20337
See how something as simple as a keybind can have such influence? It's foolish to think that players so overtly concerned with winning would not resort to such things. After all, it's only a keybind? It's not an aimbot. Well you can split hairs and call it cheat, hack, exploit, whatever. I call it unfair advantage and I see it used because the redeemer servers are wide open.

There is a very simple way to cure this problem. ACE is ready for prime time, you have no reason not to install it now. If I ran any sort of player-on-player server I wouldn't hesitate to use it. I've tested ACE and it does work very well. You aren't going to get around it and it will effectively remove accusations of cheating from the discussion.

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Just some information

Post by Hermskii » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:06 am

I will be going that route soon enough. There are still lots of other things I need to do here first in regards to the {CG} and {MHM} servers. Thanks again for your input GOPO. BTW the way, while the bans show to start on NOV. 15, 2010, I did not review any other thread that day except one that had left the track and was out of hand. That thread went back before NOV. 15, 2010 but I only used it. I went to the beginning and read the whole thing listing the people who broke the rules. I then deactivated the forum to think about how I was going to run this forum and my servers going forward. I took my time but came up with a great solution pretty quick actually. Then I just sat back and enjoyed the silence for another week. Then I got bored so I turned it back on. In that particular thread that broke that poor camel's back, you had not posted a word GOPO.

GOPO and many others certainly have broken the rules in the past but I didn't feel like trying to back track and all of that stuff to nail all guilty parties in the past. I then decided to just use that one thread as the catalyst to start my new / old policing process again. Stay off the ban list people. It's really actually very easy to stay off it.
~Peace~

Hermskii