Changes for the better...

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Changes for the better...

Post by Hermskii » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:41 pm

On Thursday, January 12th, 2012 all of my servers will go offline for some undetermined amount of time. My website at www.Hermskii.com and this forum will remain untouched.

I am changing Internet service providers. The "House of Hermskii" will finally have a static IP Address! I'm packaging up all of my stuff to be managed by a single provider for 1/2 of my previous cost with plenty of upgrades. Sadly, one of those upgrades won't be one at all. In fact it will hurt my server's performance should they all max out players at the same time so I'm still feeling pretty good about this change. LOL.

This change has been a long-time-coming and I'm thrilled that all of my needs will be met at a lower cost than before. I just wanted to give a heads up that this was about to happen.

All of my email addresses will change as well which will break many-many links out there but I'll do my best to update everywhere that list my previous email addresses. In a way this sort of sucks but at least I should not have to make any big changes like this again for several more years. In the end, this should have been done about 6-7 years ago but the cost was prohibitive until now.

I view this as a huge win on my part and invite each of you of legal age to have a beer in celebration of this monumental occasion! Send the tab to HOOK! LOL.

when this transition occurs, I suspect I'll be off-line for no more than a day or so at worst. Peace out folks!
~Peace~

Hermskii