I was blocking out players. Grrrrr!

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

I was blocking out players. Grrrrr!

Post by Hermskii » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:34 am

I just found out last night I had a firewall security feature that was blocking many players from connecting to the servers. That feature is off now while maintaining the security I desire on the servers. I still need to reboot the servers but I suspect that with this issue resolved and with my new static IP making my IP address never change again that things will get even better soon.

I hate to consider how many players I've lost over the years do to a power out at my house and having my router get a new IP address. That makes my server appear offline to everyone who list them in their favorites. That won't happen anymore!

Then to determine I have been blocking out certain large ranges of IP addresses from connection was irritating. That is fixed now too!

I have found that I am slowly getting more and more time again to get to play and mess with the servers and continue to grow this UT community. Things just keep looking up here at the House of Hermskii and I'm grateful to God and all of you for that! Peace out folks!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Re: I was blocking out players. Grrrrr!

Post by Hook » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:20 am

Hermskii wrote: grow this UT community. Things just keep looking up here at the House of Hermskii and I'm grateful to God and all of you for that! Peace out folks!
Hey, I certainly cannot argue with that - how true it is! :wink:
We are definitely taking steps in the right direction at our end of the Good and Greater UT community!
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777