Upgrade Time!

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Upgrade Time!

Post by Hermskii » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:38 pm

CG and MHM both run from a single computer over a high speed cable connection out of my house in Houston, Texas. The computer itself is the first computer I ever built. It is a ABIT KT7A ver. 1.3 mobo with a XP 2100 processor and 384mb of Crucial PC133 CAS2 SDRAM. The hard drive is a Hitachi DeskStar something rather that is rated at 7200 rpm. It has a 8mb buffer and runs at UDMA 5. The video card has been several things over the years but is current a Nvidia G-Force 4 440MX or something cheesy like that. The PC has been upgraded many times over the last 5-6 years and is currently at the highest recognized and supported processor speed per ABIT.

This weekend I am hoping to be one of the first to put in a XP-M 3000+ processor AND run it at that processor's default speed of 2200 mhz. I am only aware of one other person ever successfully doing this. I also expect to bump the quantity of ram up to 512mb of the same Crucial ram that has treated me so well. The video card will be upgraded to my last vold video card from my player machine being a G-Force 4 ti4200 AGP 4X 128mb DDR.

Once all that happens, I will then overclock the PC just a tad and hopefully own the record for the fastest CPU in one of these mobos ever while running from stock air at the default voltages. Wish me luck. This has been about a year in the making and I just ordered everything I need from eBay and from Denmark a few days ago. I don't expect the parts to arrive for several more days. I hope to have all of this done by May 05, 2007. Thank you. Thank you very much!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:24 pm

I posted a link to this post over at my forums also! :D
Hope to have some of my members & visitors try MHM & CG servers!
Very Fun! 8)
Also to see what you are doing (Making History? LOL) with your servers!
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Flatus

Post by Flatus » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:56 pm

Looked like it happened today, but guess it was down for some other reason then. How long will the downtime be by then?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Nope

Post by Hermskii » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:09 pm

I haven't done anything yet. I haven't received anything yet. To me, there is nothing that takes longer to wait for than something you bought and it is being sent by mail. NOTHING! Here it is, the weekend and all I got was a used copy of UT and a used copy of UT GOTY. No hardware ahs found it to me yet. I'm so sad but I really didn't expect anything till around Wednesday of next week. Still, the first thing I check is the mail each day when I get home.

Today must have just been a crash but at least it logged it, and rebooted without me being around. You must have been on MHM right? I have seen the error on CG too lately but MHM crashes about 2-5 times a day. It is the lack of memory I think and that will be fixed soon enough. Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:04 am

The error I was referring to was that I could not bring up this forum OR your site between 4:00 & 5:00 pm this afternoon - 4/27/07
Just kept giving me an error everytime I tried to connect here. :shock:
Must have been a hosting thing or some service line thing -???
I guess Flatus had the same problem??? :?:
I don't know how long it lasted as I didn't try again until near 12 midnight. (now)
Oh well all looks good now! :D
Oh- and Hope your Parts come Soon! :!: :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

pebcak

Post by pebcak » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:26 am

WELLLLLL??????
Pebcak
"I love the sound of GODLIKE in the morning."

Hermskii
Site Admin

Done

Post by Hermskii » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:47 am

The upgrade is done. It was a big success and I got a new cable modem today. Mine crashed and burned yesterday at 1:00 pm. Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii