At 1:00 AM on 09-08-07...

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

At 1:00 AM on 09-08-07...

Post by Hermskii » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:16 am

At 1:00 AM on 09-08-07 I had to take down the server and my main PC in order to put them on a APC Backups XS 900 UPC . I did this to:

1. Protect my server and my main PC.
2. Prevent server shutdown every time there is lightning around here.

I am on a sad power grid here in Southeast Houston. Everytime it rains and or has a fair storm I lose power which takes down the servers and my main PC plus every other PC in the house that is on. I found a good deal at a place around here for a battery backup system. It covers two full computers and more. I'm happy to have it and now expect about 5 fewer crashes of the servers than the regular 120-150 per month. As mentioned elsewhere, I will be rebuilding the servers soon and expect the crashes to reduce to around 0-5 per month. I hate to say it but I took down the system during a very good round of Godz Return on the MHM server. Sorry but this is for the greater goods Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii

K

Post by K » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:19 pm

How long do you think it will be down Herm?
I can host a MHM temp server if people want somewhere to go.
I have all the maps and mods already installed on both of my boxes, one could be a server for a couple days no sweat.

All i need is a list of the maps and an address for the redirect.
Server will be up tonight if i get these things.

Otherwise i will go back to mapping, the maps coming around nicely. There will be screen shots soon btw.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Kort Rules...

Post by Hermskii » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:30 am

Kort, you rule. All of that won't be needed at all. The server is already up again and the whole process took all of about 3.5 minutes. You still rule though. As mentioned elsewhere, I will be rebuilding the main box soon which has both CG and MHM on it. I hate to do it, being make the servers over again but it is about time. Even then, it should only take a week or three to get it all straightened out.

BUT THANK YOU!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

You know....

Post by Hermskii » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:43 pm

I could just find a way to compress the whole server and simply send it to you via email or a download link or something. Thoughts? No I'm not offering this to anyone else but Kort currently. Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii