Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:55 pm

Today around 7:00 PM I checked in on the players at the servers and found a total of 19 players. That's CG + MHM = 19. Though it is exciting to see CG making a come-back as I suspected it might, it hurts the game-play on MHM too much.

You see, there was a 56ker playing. His ping was about 550 which increased everyone else's drastically. The connection could handle it if everyone was playing on high speed. Note that I'm not against the 56kers. Many of them are the people that made my servers popular in the first place and I too once was a 56ker. I know how much I apprewciated not being kicked or blocked due to my ping though I will kick a 56ker if they come in and maintain a 1000+ ping.

This has helped me determine that I will reduce the max player load on each server to 12. The same result can and will still happen if MHM loads up with 12 and 7 people play on CG at the same time AND if any one of all of the players combined is on 56k. Yes, it gets worse with the more 56kers but I owe them plenty and will continue to welcome them. Note that I'll kick them if they MAINTAIN a 1000+ ping for say over 30 seconds. I say this so the Admins here won't have to ask if they can or need to do it as far as kicking these high ping players. I can only prevent this if I reduce each server down to 8 players each and I'm not willing to go back to such a low number. Nobody can play with a 1000 ping and thus I have to assume they are solely there to disturbing others rather than playing. Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii

matrix

Post by matrix » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:19 pm

Roger Roger.

Scify

Post by Scify » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:36 am

1000 ping it pain to play but I have done it. Herm it wasn't on your server .
And thank for this 8) 8) 8)
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

matrix

Post by matrix » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:53 am

I find it not only difficult to play, but annoying and aggrivating to play with a ping of 250 or higher.

And when I see only about 8 players online, and everyone's ping is in the 800's for several minutes straight, I usually politely ask the player with the significantly higher ping to leave. Thought since that player hasn't done anything I really can't find the jurisdiction to kick them.

And I usually maintain a ping of 75. So when my ping goes anywhere about 500+, something's wrong.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Cool

Post by Hermskii » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:07 pm

I will reduce the player count down to 12 tonight. Sunday.
~Peace~

Hermskii