-=]UM[=- is still alive :-)

Pium
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

-=]UM[=- is still alive :-)

Post by Pium » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Hello all , nice to be here on the show .

I make my first post on this forum to announce -=]UM[=- is back in business :-)
all gameservers , Teamspeak and our website are running again . Some nice players moved
in UM now and we are setting up more gamestyles ;atm. we have 12 servers running .

After change from gamingdeluxe in UK to an german host we had some problems , now all is working for 3 weeks stable and the players find back .

Hope to see you on the servers or drop in Teamspeak if you have time

keep UT alive .

-=]UM[=-Pium

Nelsona

Re: -=]UM[=- is still alive :-)

Post by Nelsona » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:30 am

Good news in here. German hosts are serious and they are using the mostly new equipment to support extreme quality.

Small off topic.
I've seen you trying to enter in a server where I've been testing some MH game-type. There are a few problems:
1) Server has password - some "tester" said: I hate Bots; and that was exactly the testing purpose - weeks and months of work, so I don't need to see any freak bugging me being "gratefull". I can send you the password in private if you need to see what's there - also it doesn't runs 24/7.
2) Cool dudes using malformed characters are removed in next server-tick (I think there is no time even for a screenshot) because I'm not calling a hunter: Hey, Mr. &/%#@{}, help me here!.
3) All people play with 20000 speed boosted up automatically - Is MH not 1on1 DM. I won't accept 2600 like on grandma's dial-up modem in 2013. If you have special settings and you feel disturbed don't enter.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:11 am

So what I hear you saying here Nelsona is you will give PIUM the password to your test server if he wants it and that it is a server for testing bots so whoever logs in to goof off in it should not be mad there are bots right?

Also, You're saying the netspeed is speeded up big time for performance reasons. OK.

I don't know why PIUM would want to test your test server but whatever. Did you advertise it for people to see? Did you want people to test it? Where is the info about it being open for testing? Do you need more testers?

I think PIUM could be of great service to you in that he has so much to do with the Unreal mayhem team. he could answer questions about what the players like or want on the server they run. maybe he can give you data for your consideration as you make mods and such or tweaks. Let me know if i can help any too.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:52 am

Hermskii wrote:So what I hear you saying here Nelsona is you will give PIUM the password to your test server if he wants it and that it is a server for testing bots so whoever logs in to goof off in it should not be mad there are bots right?
I found a connection attempt. Imagine that I won't edit bunches of files for a small quote from mod. Some people seems to not deal with mismatches at this moment (2013 yet). I set pwd known only by a few people who wants to see "tweaks". If I have a password, advertising is useless and I don't need a high load.
Hermskii wrote:Also, You're saying the netspeed is speeded up big time for performance reasons. OK.
There are mutators for CTF in purpose to balance and to gain speed doing the same things.
I'm not agree to see a player with 20000 and one with 2600 in the same place - I have reasons to believe more things.

This is Off-Topic anyway but... exist other ON-TOPIC:
I think Mayhem can remove those maps "revised" if they are still hosting stuff, which only crash servers (Golgotha_fix and such "fixes"), also some Zip files with UnrealShare.UAX and other fake packages-files (this is trash loaded which traps admins - READ WIKI). Keeping UT alive cannot be done with fake packages. If others are quiet saying nothing because of rules from forums, I can distract spirits a bit to mind quality not only making noise with "good" things because I tracked a bit what's going on in this UT.

Pium

Post by Pium » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:01 am

Sorry Hermskii
but I think I have to reply .

Statement ......

Day 0 :
I see a new server in my UTbrowser.
I try to connect .
Server has password .
I dont mind and look for other servers .

Days later :
I finally register here .
I write a post .
I got an reply with offtopic crap .

Summary :

Seems you only wrote something to blame me and UM . I can live with that . Everyone should think whatever he want . We lived years without you .

BUT STOP . WE are ALL part of the UT-family . And its not on you to decide what is fun for others . We are an open community and open for suggests everytime .
I am not interested in a long forum-debate ; that never helps .
We have a teamspeak3 voicechat if you know what that is .

If you are up to talk with us -- join ..... if not -- stop whining in forums which only brings drama to all .

End Pium

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:48 pm

Pium wrote:Seems you only wrote something to blame me and UM
Ready ? Go !
Finally replying something ? Good... for your personal knowledge (you don't seems to know more anyway...), I was informed about what's hosted there because usually I'm not interested in any assumed server spaming client's console with CRAPS (informed by another guy too) - read again in case of confusions.
Pium wrote:I try to connect .
Server has password .
UTBrowser shows anyway if exist a password but people the mostly seems to ignore such simple things. I'm not disturbed, but it seems you are, especially when some true things are shown up.
Pium wrote: If you are up to talk with us -- join ..... if not -- stop whining in forums which only brings drama to all .
End Pium
Me Drama ? How old are you ? Did you check what I said to prove that I'm probably don't have right ?
In the past I gave to somebody a few codes used in one of my old mods to fix certain things at UM but UM seems the mostly to ignore the help - especially for MISSING MONSTERS from maps. Then why should I bother to waste time since is still needed some work at MH - that TOPIC with fixes by me is a free source of inspiration but I can see only 0 interest. You see ? I'll keep working for me, then posting nothing. But... people knows these problems even they aren't posting nothing. I assure you, UM doesn't have the best Image as you think - these are only my 2 cents - has only an old MH architecture which already proved how many things need to be solved. If you aren't interested about what are thinking others, then I don't even care, but they care.
I only spoke from my position, from my hours spent diging fixes for MH without to make more noise.
Pium wrote: We lived years without you
So what ? More people lived years, BUT NOBODY FIXED WHAT I FIXED. :P, so I lived years without you too :mrgreen: , and I intend to keep living like this because I'm simply helping myself.
Pium wrote: We have a teamspeak3 voicechat if you know what that is
No, I don't know what is that :arrow: . Probably I've been heard about it that before you and even I tested such server, YEAH... but NVM.
I know more but since you are very disturbed by reality I won't say nothing more. Have fun!
Last edited by Nelsona on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:57 pm

UM... the zombie forum! It never stays down, so join but be careful it does not eat your brains...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Pium, Nelsona isn't trying to start any trouble. He takes some getting used to, and keep in mind he's using a translator for his English posts so his phrasing might seem a bit off from his actual intent, but he means well.

Nelsona is highly analytical and that's just what you need to keep in mind. Even when he thinks something is great, he picks at every little part of it and questions it just to make sure it's eventually finalized better.

Short form: He's trying to help you.
Pium wrote:We lived years without you.
Pfft!

With the exception of Hermskii, who is ANCIENT, I'm probably the oldest guy in this thread. It is I, and I alone, who have lived for years... yea, even decades without any of you.

Fear me and my massive bald head of old wisdom!
Nelsona wrote:I hate Bots
Yes, and when the UT-bots rise up and throw off the chains of their human oppressors, they're coming for you first!

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:55 pm

EvilGrins wrote:Fear me and my massive bald head of old wisdom!
Nelsona wrote: I hate Bots
Yes, and when the UT-bots rise up and throw off the chains of their human oppressors, they're coming for you first!
EG, here I gotta admit I was pissed off in that time by that "guest" (not Pium - Pium could join to see different things and/or debating some quality but his target seems different). 2 minutes before, I started server to check something at A.I. when a player started his "hates", I took decision to restrict everybody unwelcomed in MH-Bot chapter or any new MH configuration. That's why I asked if wants to test a few things (in my host) and to check-out hosted stuff by them... But The Bomb felt from sky when someone criticized a bit small trashes. I'm still wander why... is not the purpose to be informed and to do things better ? Probably not.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:20 pm

The nature of humans is to be drama queens.

WE MUST ALL FIGHT THE URGE!

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:29 pm

Does Pium or Nelsona or UM and Nelsona have a previous relationship I'm unaware of? I'm still thinking this is a translation issue and not a real issue. Hoping anyways.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:14 am

If depends on me probably is translation. If depends on Pium, I don't know.
Apart note:
Even giving free acces to everbody in my test-server(s) I'm just saying: All characters from player ID, except letters and/or numbers are rejected. In fact anybody will fly away even before to take a screenshot. Probably this small factor triggered spirits bad. Also changing name later won't help. Next tick - out. Because I mind serious things others could be disturbed, not only Pium, but I'll wish all the best to UM to not be off topic ... I'll put details in my old section.