Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Chaos is here!

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:21 am

After over a year of this section just sitting here, I have finally been motivated enough to add this opener!

Initially, I need to point you to the single greatest Chaos UT site that there is.

This is the Official Home of Chaos for UT:
http://chaoticdreams.org/chaosut/

Here is the Official Chaos UT Forum:
http://forums.chaoticdreams.org/

The short of it is this:

The Chaos mod for UT and for UT2004 is awesome! So awesome I have been running a couple of Chaos servers for a few years now. They can be found here:

House of Hermskii ChaosUT Server {HOHCUTS} is at IP: 108.223.36.170:7727 or just click this link: UNREAL://108.223.36.170:7727

House of Hermskii ChaosUT 2K4 {HOHCUT2K4} is at IP: 108.223.36.170:7787 or just click this link: UNREAL://108.223.36.170:7787
~Peace~

Hermskii

Dr.Flay

Re: Chaos is here!

Post by Dr.Flay » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:09 am

As I'm trying out the old beta pack maps, I thought it would be good to show a Chaos arena map in use.
The smaller maps tend to feature only pistols, swords, chainsaws and impact-hammers.

The capture is quite dark and grainy, sorry. I'm still getting used to "Open Broadcaster".

BTW. I am twitching around a lot when being shot, because of the Xanth realism mutator.
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:31 am

Even though I have set the servers to swap out the regular weapons with CHAOS weapons I find that half of them are still always the regular ones. Isn't there a full-all-out swap feature in Chaos? Makes me wonder if I shouldn't run the arena mutator on the UT99 server to force this weapon switch. I think I may have the same issue on the Unreal4Ever server too now that I think about it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:56 am

Really? I hadn't noticed :(
Hmm. Wondering if that is because you are using the mutator instead of the gametype ?
I assume you have the Chaos mutator as the first in the list ?
Obviously some of the weapons look the same, so if the ammo spawns were standard, you would fire that.

Don't forget there are 2 swapping modes. One cycles them and one just straight-swaps.
That way you can specify, or allow cycling all variations on that weapon number.

I did edit my Chaos int a while ago, possibly to add the config options to the advanced window.
I'll check when I get home.
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Please let me know if you are able to get nothing but chaos weapons on a map. I know some look alike but aren't the same.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Yeah, that's the pain with some of the weapons.
BTW. Xpickups can leave you with only the standard rifle, as the Chaos rifle is not a subclass of the original.
Wormbo made me a mutator, which I have packaged with the final ut99.org UTR-CMP1.3 pack. I also added it to the Xpickups standalone distro.

I'll keep my eyes open when I'm in, but I can't play any of the maps with Xpickups unless you have the final version.

*EDIT* Moved
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2541&p=40995#p40995