Faves of the ut99 weapons

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Faves of the ut99 weapons

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:13 pm

I almost started a verbal war a month or so back when I said the bio-gun wasn't actually a real weapon. It's just a leaky snot shooter... or something like that. Never particularly liked that weapon, except with the excessive mutator.

Hands down, in almost any gametype, I prefer the rocket launcher. I prefer fighting in fairly close quarters and even with missed shots the splash effect from that thing is fairly devestating.

What's your favorite weapon from the original defaults that came with ut99?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Re: Faves of the ut99 weapons

Post by Hermskii » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:17 pm

The Redeemer! Duhhh! LOL. But really. Yeah the deemer wins it all for me.
~Peace~

Hermskii

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:37 pm

shock/sniper
Insta
hands down
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:07 am

The goo gun has its uses. You can spatter goo all over the place as you try to escape. You can run around in maps that have a lot of tight corridors with a fully loaded wad of goo, and splat someone to death with one shot as you run into each other. You can drop a big wad down on someone from up high and then switch to another weapon for the kill.

But my favourite weapon of all time is the flak cannon. You can bounce the shards off of walls to get at your opponent who's behind something or around a corner. Bouncing them off of the floor at close range rather than shooting them directly at your opponent is more deadly for some reason. Perhaps it concentrates the chaff. And alt fire is always good when you score a direct hit, and has a nice splash effect if you miss by a bit.

When I played on capture the flag servers I was a very good flag guardian with the flak cannon. I had one team picking up all the ammo packs they could find one time, so they could starve me out of ammo and force me to switch guns. :lol:
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:45 pm

I really like most all of the UT weapons, tops for me of the stock weapons is the Rocket Launcher, then the Flack Canon, but I gotta like the Redeemer best as I play that the most you see.
With the many variations we now have, it is easy to custom make a favorite deemer now. :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777