DM-HallOfGiantsExtreme edit request

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
Sir Mandrake
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: DM-HallOfGiantsExtreme edit request

Post by Sir Mandrake » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:24 am

I have a working copy of HallofGiants both DM and CTF version.
The large tubes at the very center: You enter these tubes at the very center of the map. Upon entering the tube there it expell you out the end at a very high rate of speed at the very far end of the map. The map is low grav so you should be floating about. If you were to land on the exit tube it will just bounce you up in the air, not kill you.

Now at each far end of the map there are smaller vertical tubes on each side of the large tube. You go under them and jump..... this will expell you upwards at a high rate of speed just like the large tube does.

Join my Battle server and you can see how the original uneditied version of this map works.
--- END OF LINE ---

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:42 am

Sir Mandrake wrote:Join my Battle server and you can see how the original uneditied version of this map works.
I may but not to see this map. I have the original for CTF and two other versions for CTF. I prefer the 2nd one where the flag bases are all the way up near the ceiling.

The map here is HallOfGiantsExtreme and other than thos2 busted tubes, it's pretty good.

There's also one made for DOM games where someone swapped the entire texture package for something new and it has more of a blue lighting to it.

A few months ago I got CTFM-HallOfGiants, which is a 4-way capture the flag. That one is intense!

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Keller, the new MH-Skaarj][ kicks ass. Even with the UltimaProtoses (protosi?) the Skaarj are still too much to handle...but at least they look good killing us.

Noticed you ditched SkaarjAssassins & SkaarjBerserkers, put in SkaarjLords...but no SkaarjWarriors? It's cool. Nobody likes those green guys anyway, I guess.

I look forward to MH-Krall][.

mars007

Post by mars007 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:33 pm

EvilGrins wrote:Keller, the new MH-Skaarj][ kicks ass. Even with the UltimaProtoses (protosi?) the Skaarj are still too much to handle...but at least they look good killing us.

Noticed you ditched SkaarjAssassins & SkaarjBerserkers, put in SkaarjLords...but no SkaarjWarriors? It's cool. Nobody likes those green guys anyway, I guess.

Guys...
On any update or fix on avaible map rename and name of this map.
Players will have mismatch packages files if you have already played the same map before.

MH-Brutes][.unr --> must be: MH-BRUTES][Final3

If I understand well the rules UT99 game files.
- Monster Hunt -

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:37 pm

mars007 wrote:Guys...
Players will have mismatch packages files if you have already played the same map before.MH-Brutes][.unr --> must be: MH-BRUTES][Final3

All of the maps he's edited for me have been renamed. Although, I gotta say the .zip for MH-BRUTES][Final3, that's not the name of the map inside of it. The actual file is MH-Brutes][.unr

So far I've got these:
MH-Brutes][
MH-Brutes][protos
MH-Skaarj][

So no worries, even if Keller isn't renaming them I am before putting them in my map directory.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:52 pm

You and he "must" (please) use the same name. Agree on it and then post links to the maps.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Hermskii wrote:You and he "must" (please) use the same name. Agree on it and then post links to the maps.
Well, I dunno that we must but okay.

As to links, look in this thread. He's been hosting them as .zip files here for the most recent ones. The others he's just been sending me in PMs and they're not hosted anywhere else that I know of.

Helen

Post by Helen » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Fixed map attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
one of the Scriveners. You can visit us at www.birdieman.com/forum

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:27 pm

EvilGrins wrote:
Hermskii wrote:You and he "must" (please) use the same name. Agree on it and then post links to the maps.
Well, I dunno that we must but okay.

As to links, look in this thread. He's been hosting them as .zip files here for the most recent ones. The others he's just been sending me in PMs and they're not hosted anywhere else that I know of.
Yes, these fixes are for Grin mostly I did not host them particularly for anyone else but if they need it then we can change some names but he gives me requests and I do the edits.
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:28 pm

EvilGrins wrote:
mars007 wrote:Guys...
Players will have mismatch packages files if you have already played the same map before.MH-Brutes][.unr --> must be: MH-BRUTES][Final3

All of the maps he's edited for me have been renamed. Although, I gotta say the .zip for MH-BRUTES][Final3, that's not the name of the map inside of it. The actual file is MH-Brutes][.unr

So far I've got these:
MH-Brutes][
MH-Brutes][protos
MH-Skaarj][

So no worries, even if Keller isn't renaming them I am before putting them in my map directory.
I did nothave the Skaaj Warlords as my options, may be the version of monster hunt I am using, I need the link to the most recent version you are using.

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:29 pm

Helen wrote:Fixed map attached.
Helen, what was the fix that you did and how did you do it? AS far as I could tell I didn't see a issue with the kickers or liftexits--did you edit the geometry of the tubes?

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:31 pm

EvilGrins wrote:Keller, the new MH-Skaarj][ kicks ass. Even with the UltimaProtoses (protosi?) the Skaarj are still too much to handle...but at least they look good killing us.

What kralls do you need in it so I don't have to go and redo multiples and am I keeping protos in there?

Helen

Post by Helen » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:52 pm

KiLLaKeLLeR wrote:
Helen wrote:Fixed map attached.
Helen, what was the fix that you did and how did you do it? AS far as I could tell I didn't see a issue with the kickers or liftexits--did you edit the geometry of the tubes?
No geometry change. Fix is to find the ZoneInfo(s), go to their properties, go to ZoneInfo section, reverse the signs on the X values for the ZoneGravity and ZoneVelocity variables. No rebuild needed after either, just hit save.
one of the Scriveners. You can visit us at www.birdieman.com/forum

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:53 pm

I could only add Krall Elite and Legless Krall- these were my only choices, I have added Krall][ with and without protos.
MH-Krall][.rar
MH-Krall][Protos.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:12 pm

KiLLaKeLLeR wrote:I did nothave the Skaaj Warlords as my options, may be the version of monster hunt I am using, I need the link to the most recent version you are using.
Uhm...there's no such thing as a SkaarjWarlord. I mean, there the Warlord, which is an advanced Skaarj, but that's not what I meant.

SkaarjWarrior, it's the standard normal Skaarj with the green skin.

Seen here, top picture on the left:
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Skaarj