MH-Monsters][ map requests

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: MH-Monsters][ map requests

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:05 am

So I asked Keller for a map that only had the ElectricKrall on it and he whipped it out really fast. However, in the past I've only played a map with just one or two of these things on it before, summoned in by me, and I was unaware of how bad it was gonna be with literally hundreds of them.

Even the MH-Skaarj][ map he made for me, where the Skaarj literally overrun the base in a couple minutes, isn't as bad as this cuz you at least have time to shoot them before they kill you. After the superweapons are exhausted, the ElectricKrall take the base in less than a minute and as most of the respawnpoints for players are in the little bunkers in the trench, which is now filled with ElectricKrall...

...you get the idea.

Many bots died in order to give you these screenshots:
As i use the Pinata mutator, when you're killed all your weapons fall so the bots usually have enough time to fire off 4 or 5 of the mega·sized blasts, killing off a gew hundred of the EKs, before they get overrun.
The EKs are about 3 times as aggressive and twice as fast as a normal Krall, they jump the trench and quickly take over all the main spawnpoints.
As powerful as they are, you usually only have about 3½ seconds, if that, after you respawn before they kill you.
They take control of all the spawnpoints and wait for new players to spawn in so they can kill them.

If I wasn't such a MonsterHunt traditionalist I might try to get an instagib into the game to even things up...but I doubt it would help. The thing takes too long between shots and it only does 1000 damage. That may seem like a lot but the EKs all start with 2145 health.

I tried the TomyGunn, which is technically a machinegun version of the instagib, but even that doesn't shoot fast enough!

As an afterthought, the original MH-Brutes][ had 3 classes of monster on it: LesserBrute, Brute, Behemoth. It might've been a good idea, to make the map a little more fair, had I stopped and thought to go with this: Krall, EliteKrall, ElectricKrall.

At least there wouldn't have been as many EKs on the map. Unlike certain other monster classes, these things don't kill each other. They're immune to their own weapons!!

Still, this map might be good to play on a server for just the sheer joy of the most highly skilled players being humbled.

The map incorporates the Ultima Protos gun but it's setup so that you need to have Nali Weapons 2 installed on your system; the gun isn't embedded into the map...technically.

NW2:
http://www.filefront.com/13541115/NaliWeaponsIIX.rar/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Found a possible means of evening up the odds.

Along with the Ultima Protos, the Nali Weapons 2 package has a number of other obscenely powerful weapons. Such as the Nali Instagib. I don't know particulars but it hits a bit more powerfully than the standard instagib. Added to that, I use classic MonsterHunt which blocks the usage of the original instagib...

...but not this enhanced version.

Admittedly, it doesn't entirely even things up...

...but it does make things just a bit more fair.

Think that maybe putting Nali Instagibs into the trench weapon stashes might be a way to go. Maybe for just this map, replace all the standard weapons with it, allowing for the Ultima Protoses (protosi?) in the 2 side bunkers to remain where they are.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:08 am

Though patterned after the SkaarjTrooper, watch them move when there's nobody around they can attack and you'll see what I mean, the Insekt is an interesting creature. Built in weapons nearly identical to the USMD (shock rifle) from Unreal Classic, it makes interesting noises and it's not too fast. Also, their health is pretty close to standard so they're not absolutely and insanely unbeatable.

MH-Insekt][ should have just these creatures, no special weapons added. I'd also like the music switched.

Monster & Music attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Someone slapped together an interesting package of zombies. There's a whole range of them, limited animations, with special abilities.

I've selected out just these 3:
zombi.zombi3
zombi.zombi7
zombi.zombi10

MH-Zombis][

UltimaProtos will be a necessity. They may be slow moving but there will be a bunch of them and that #10 one can make more all on her own.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:43 pm

Not every monsterhunt map has to have all powerful beasties on it. In fact, using really weak monsters can be fun too.

predator.predator
Tiny packhunter, runs fast and bites hard. No projectile weapons.
Scorpion.Scorpion
Tiny bug, hops like a rabbit. Stings and flings acid. REALLY low health.
utmhpack.eant
An upgrade to the Ant, slow moving, melee attacks only. Whoever designed it didn't really set it up so that it's at floor level, most everything below the knees is underground

MH-MostlyHarmless][

No Ultima Protos needed.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:45 pm

Whoops!

Not that it matters much but I screwed up the monster names on the last post.

This is an Eant:

This is a Predator:

This is a Scorpion:

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Arachnophobia much?

There are 3 classes of spinner but I'm only selecting 2 here.

spinner.shadow
Tiny, fast, biting attacks.

spinner.maiden
BIG, fast, jumps a lot, biting attacks, spitting venom attack, thrown egg attack.

The other one is spinner.spinner but it's not necessary to put it in the map. The spinner.maiden throws eggs that hatch spinner.spinner all over the place.

MH-Spinners][

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:33 pm

It's beginning to feel a lot like...

SantaBrutes
Disturbingly powerful, different weapons for each kind, very ugly.

Just these:
SantaBrute.Santax
SantaBrute.Rix
SantaBrute.Apux

For fun, but NOT IN THE MAP please, you should try playing the SantaBrute.BigSantax sometime. He's...fun.

MH-Santa][

UltimaProtos is a must. Music switch too.

This will be the last one for awhile.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:19 pm

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:20 am

I like that insect thing very much. It would do well to be built into several MH maps. I promise that if I hit the lotto which I do not ever play, I will learn to map.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:03 am

Hermskii wrote:I like that insect thing very much. It would do well to be built into several MH maps. I promise that if I hit the lotto which I do not ever play, I will learn to map.
It is in a few...but very very few.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:38 pm

Try to stay away from the Insekt pack. There's an older, unfinished version around which can crash all D3D users (not to mention the mismatches). Thanks to the mappers who released that crap.

Read HERE and HERE
Plain Old Telephone Service

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:17 am

Yea, true, Insekt was done exactly like other releases just a big hurry to be on servers, but isn't finished as should. Maybe the designer will have some dignity to fix the crap, I believe that he didn't tested that work, he just forced things on-line. As I asked previously, better check what we post, nobody wants troubles, and is the same for "weapons", more craps are on-line and are used without to know what they really are, example WeaponLord, more than a weapon from that package is bugged on-line and return a bunch of errors. Maybe author can explain why he did this too.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:24 am

*POTS* wrote:Try to stay away from the Insekt pack. There's an older, unfinished version around which can crash all D3D users (not to mention the mismatches). Thanks to the mappers who released that crap.

Read HERE and HERE
Do you know which is the older version? I don't think I have that one. The map your link mentions I've played online without incident.

According to this...
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?p=200 ... 610#p20086
...the insekt.u was updated & fixed.

I'm pretty sure mine is the workable version, as I got it from my cache after playing that map.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:33 am

Indeed is fixed :)

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: railrocket MH-MeltTownV6.railrocket41 (Function insekt.railrocket.Flying.BeginState:0024) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Ignite' not found in Mesh 'TazerProja'
ScriptWarning: railrocket MH-MeltTownV6.railrocket42 (Function insekt.railrocket.Flying.BeginState:0024) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Ignite' not found in Mesh 'TazerProja'
ScriptWarning: railrocket MH-MeltTownV6.railrocket43 (Function insekt.railrocket.Flying.BeginState:0024) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Ignite' not found in Mesh 'TazerProja'
ScriptWarning: railrocket MH-MeltTownV6.railrocket44 (Function insekt.railrocket.Flying.BeginState:0024) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Ignite' not found in Mesh 'TazerProja'
ScriptWarning: railrocket MH-MeltTownV6.railrocket45 (Function insekt.railrocket.Flying.BeginState:0024) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Ignite' not found in Mesh 'TazerProja'
ScriptWarning: railrocket MH-MeltTownV6.railrocket46 (Function insekt.railrocket.Flying.BeginState:0024) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Ignite' not found in Mesh 'TazerProja'
ScriptWarning: railrocket MH-MeltTownV6.railrocket47 (Function insekt.railrocket.Flying.BeginState:0024) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Ignite' not found in Mesh 'TazerProja'
ScriptWarning: railrocket MH-MeltTownV6.railrocket48 (Function insekt.railrocket.Flying.BeginState:0024) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Ignite' not found in Mesh 'TazerProja'
I'm impressed about these fixes.