MonsterHunt against not exactly monsters

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

MonsterHunt against not exactly monsters

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Along wth my other edits, eventually I will do other maps, I decided to bust out the resources of Animal_Pack1. If you're not familiar, it's filled with numerous normal animals that are mostly for scenery. I decided to see if I could put the least consequential but pretty ones onto a map:

Yes, butterflies. The natural enemy to monsters everywhere.

Problem is they're not a threat, so the bots pretty much ignore them. I've also found that I can blow the crap outta them with redeemeer, deemerfireowrks, and even the Ultima Protos and it doesn't so much as make a dent in them. The pretty little things are immortal!

I'm attaching Animal_Pack1 to this in the hopes someone of those reading this can edit an Animal_Pack2. Basically to A) make these things killable and B) give them some kind of attack. Dunno what a butterfly attack would be other than maybe sharper wings, and it's up to you what to do with all the other animals in there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: MonsterHunt against not exactly monsters

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:26 am

So, as ugly as MH-Brutes][ is, it is ideal to practice on for an amateur mapper like me. Although in certain cases I'm probably just being more silly than practical...

...as you may've noticed.

Yeah, butterflies.

Ultimately I may have to make this into an intro map. Not for when ut99 first come on but for those that join my games. The reasons it's not a practical MonsterHunt map, like the bots won't fight the butterflies and the butterflies won't fight anything and the game doesn't even register them as monsters, make it ideal for a map to just have going so people can join my games.

Basically, it's damned near impossible to kill the little things so people would have plenty of time to load up all they'd need to play my games. When/if I ever get around to being able to host games.

Still, I would like to try to make the butterflies at least a minor threat. Even if they can only take off 1 health point by flapping on you. That may not seem like much but in the center of a swarm of the pretty little things that can add up pretty quick.

Part of the problem is there currently aren't any fields for attacks for them or to even register the damage they'd do if they could attack at all.

I am open to suggestions.