got a few questions

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

got a few questions

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:58 pm

1) I put the InstaComboGib on a map recently; if you don't know it, more like the shockrifle with 2 fireing modes. Having used the mutator numerous times I'd noticed bots don't use the alt fire it provides normally, but being just another weapon pickup...now they do. Why would the bots use both firing modes with a pickup but not a mutator?

2) As I can, with varying degrees of success, skin the monsters on any given map, I've been skimming my textures directory for a particular file. Haven't found it but I did find Liandriskins.utx and I don't recognize any of the skins in there. I know that a standard ut99 install has a few extra unused skin texture packs (DacomaSkins.utx & GothSkins.utx for example) is this one of them?

3) Monsters made for Unreal1 I can't normally being up in UnrealEd for ut99 but when I can I usually can summon them or put them on ut99 maps. I know that the DoomSpawns.u was made for Unreal1 but I can being them up in ut99's UnrealEd. However trying to put them on a map makes the map not work. Is there any way to port them to ut99? Or is there an existing version out there someone already made for ut99?

*POTS*

Re: got a few questions

Post by *POTS* » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:06 am

EvilGrins wrote: 1) I put the InstaComboGib on a map recently; if you don't know it, more like the shockrifle with 2 fireing modes. Having used the mutator numerous times I'd noticed bots don't use the alt fire it provides normally, but being just another weapon pickup...now they do. Why would the bots use both firing modes with a pickup but not a mutator?
Not sure what you mean here, but I guess the "pickup mode" is just the InstaCombo replacing a single weapon, while the "mutator" is an Arena mode like SniperArena?!
However no clue why it happens, maybe a glitch or an error in the code, or even something wrong with your settings. I don't have this mutator so I can't replicate the issue on my own.
EvilGrins wrote: 2) As I can, with varying degrees of success, skin the monsters on any given map, I've been skimming my textures directory for a particular file. Haven't found it but I did find Liandriskins.utx and I don't recognize any of the skins in there. I know that a standard ut99 install has a few extra unused skin texture packs (DacomaSkins.utx & GothSkins.utx for example) is this one of them?
You're lucky, I had a copy of that LiandriSkins.utx in my cache; I took a look and it turns out it contains some custom skins of players like Cardiologist, Derdak2Rot, Drew and Rob to name a few. Those are all talented mappers, so my guess is the pack was made by the crew at Excalibur MH. I don't recommend using those skins for a project of yours, since they look private and personal.

About your third point, I don't know.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:48 am

EvilGrins wrote: 3) Monsters made for Unreal1 I can't normally being up in UnrealEd for ut99 but when I can I usually can summon them or put them on ut99 maps. I know that the DoomSpawns.u was made for Unreal1 but I can being them up in ut99's UnrealEd. However trying to put them on a map makes the map not work. Is there any way to port them to ut99? Or is there an existing version out there someone already made for ut99?
Can you give us an example of what exact package you try to import?(not DoomSpawns)
All unreal 1 monster are in the actor classes menu to find. I am monsterhunt mapper so I know about things.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:36 am

Terraniux wrote:
EvilGrins wrote: 3) Monsters made for Unreal1 I can't normally being up in UnrealEd for ut99 but when I can I usually can summon them or put them on ut99 maps. I know that the DoomSpawns.u was made for Unreal1 but I can being them up in ut99's UnrealEd. However trying to put them on a map makes the map not work. Is there any way to port them to ut99? Or is there an existing version out there someone already made for ut99?
Can you give us an example of what exact package you try to import?(not DoomSpawns)
All unreal 1 monster are in the actor classes menu to find. I am monsterhunt mapper so I know about things.
Oh, i know they're in actor classes. And yes Doompawns...oh I made a typo.

Whoops!

File attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:41 am

Terraniux wrote:All unreal 1 monster are in the actor classes menu to find.
Ah, you misunderstood.

I don't mean the default monsters. There were many newer monsters that were made for Unreal1, just as people make them for ut99. Some of them can be used in ut99 games, I collect them so i know this. However, some of them can only be used for Unreal1.

List:
http://hyper.dnsalias.net/files-mods.htm

Unfortunately none of them say "can only be used for Unreal1" so you have to try them out one monster pack at a time. That's how i know some of them don't come up in UnrealEd, even in the actor classes. Normally when that doesn't work you know you can't play those monsters in ut99.

Only, the doompawns.u does open in ut99's UnrealEd but I can't get them to work in the game itself.

Hence my confusion.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:41 am

Here's the internals of Doompawns.u

It already has full monsters, with full animations, that do not need to be put on other monsters. Thing is it's designed for Unreal1, not ut99.

I need to find somebody that can port them over. It's outside my skill set.

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:33 pm

when that first comeout I could not put it down.
Was great fun :)
NEW==> http://www.thereddragonsite.com