I can't make maps yet...

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

I can't make maps yet...

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:13 am

...but I can edit just a wee bit.

Contrary to the assertion I only edit one particular map, I took MH-FirstTry[SPG] and made MH-2ndTry[EG]. Granted, I've only changed a few things about it.

So far.

As my handsome model here happily displays, I swapped out all the weapons:

That glow behind him was my replacing the highly annoying rainbow explosive redeemer with the only slightly less obnoxious DeemerFireworks.

I took out swapped all the sniper rifles with M16silver & M16sniper rifles:

Finally, I took all of the pupae out of the room next to the starting room and replaced them with predators:

Anyone that knows these lil' reptiles is aware they're practically pirahna with legs. It also makes for a better strategy in dealing with the map because while they're not the strongest creature on the map but if you're willing to play bait you can lead swarms of them into the other rooms where they will eat all of the other monsters.

I'm not quite done editing this yet, though I'm not sure what else I want to do to it.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Re: I can't make maps yet...

Post by Hook » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:44 pm

IMHO - Making maps is the easy part.
Embedding all the stuff that you do EG is the tricky part LOL. :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:22 pm

Hook wrote:IMHO - Making maps is the easy part.
Embedding all the stuff that you do EG is the tricky part LOL. :wink:
Really? What I do seems a lot easier than building the environment it goes into.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:09 am

So, does this mean that we each have "Half a Brain" when it comes to mapping? :lol: te he

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:32 pm

Half or quarter, I must admit EG has right. More things according to geometry are not so easy, there are rules posted and non-posted, or else can break game. I don't hide, I have some fixes done by myself at a few maps with BSP holes (I'm really wander why mapper fooled with BlockAll or not, and didn't builded them as needed). Is really nasty to fall in such a crap, or to have a shortcut through such a hole.

At least for triggering and put up a fight, I'll bet it can be done in less than 15 minutes.

How long it takes to add some factories, triggers, dispatchers, messages. These are pieces of cake comparing to building geometry, yes you read well, geometry not a stupid bunch of polys.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:31 pm

Hook wrote:So, does this mean that we each have "Half a Brain" when it comes to mapping? :lol: te he
If i could reach you I would tweak your nose really hard now.

Hook

Post by Hook » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:00 pm

Aahhh ha ha ha ha! :lol: :P

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:42 pm

Try to make a mover like this Evilgrins.... isnt this evil? :
(new project of me)

Full image: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1052/unreal2x.jpg

:mrgreen:

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Terraniux wrote:Try to make a mover like this Evilgrins.... isnt this evil? :
(new project of me)

Full image: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1052/unreal2x.jpg

:mrgreen:
Dunno about evil but that definitely looks cool.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:10 pm

Glad I could find this. Need to re·post to other forums so they can see I don't just edit MH-Brutes all the time.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:24 am

I haven't made enough changes that this is inaccurate.

MH-FirstTry[SPG]/MH-2ndTry[EG] is a 16 room map, 2 levels with 8 rooms apiece, connected to a much lager 17th room where the bosses and the exit is. Each room has different monsters, minus the starting room which has a bunch of mega-healths, very few normal weapons to use on the map, and some form of variant redeemer.

The 1st level has two classes of Gasbags, one's called a Defendor. Brutes, Pupae/swapped them for Predators, Krall, Tentacles with unbelievable firepower, and mini-Warlords with a devestating attack. 2nd level is a bunch of the normal powerful creatures: Warlords, Queens, several kinds of Titans, and a bunch of the more normal sized easier to fight ones: Skaarj, Mercs, Slith, Flies, Mantas, etc.

1st level has creature factories with an unholy amount of production potential, 2nd level does not.

Boss room has 4 Mega-sized SkaarjAssassins with an attack so powerful you're barely in there the first few times before you're dead. Health amped up they can take several direct hits from the Ultima-Protos gun from NW2.

I've been trying to swap some monsters to make it a bit more challenging. The place I most often see this map online is on one of KillerBee's servers, which uses the NW2 package. The map is challenging but with that package fairly easy to beat. Though I don't use those weapons at home so much, I'm trying to make the map more challenging for someone who may be using those weapons.

Trick is not swapping too much and not putting in monsters that're too powerful.

Swapped the Predators for the Pupae as they're much faster and a lot more lethal. That and some basic weapons swaps because the ones that originally come with the default map just suck... at least for that kind of map setup.

Haven't messed with the bosses on the map because I don't wanna screw up the exit setup; not one of my strengths.

That's about where I'm at now... oh, and it has virtually no bot pathing. They don't stray much out of the first room.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 am

You speak about those Predators which are just smelling my foots without to bite being retards like in MH-Antalius ?

Paths for attack can be easily done, if you need this just let's have a small fun (I have even others trashes pathed). That crap with column mover I guess is not really a Bot toy but you can help them there.

About weaponry I can put some decent weapons and ammo around map. I'm not using NWII because I can kill them without Hiroshima (even they are all against me :P).

Eh.. we can talk more about others...

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Nelsona wrote:You speak about those Predators which are just smelling my foots without to bite being retards like in MH-Antalius?
I haven't played that map in awhile but I think their behavior was altered there. They're normally vicious, running away in small numbers and coming back with friends to attack. Just one can be a challenge...

...several dozen are just plain lethal.

I'll get back to you on the other stuff in a bit.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Just as a good source of reference, this is the original map.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Given the size of the map I'm working on, distance between the start and the exit and all the monsters inbetween, it seemed necessary to have a powerful redeemer on the map that was other than the fairly crappy one that came from the original.

I had been going with my favorite, and am still sticking with it, the DeemerFireworks one:

I recently took one I picked up on another map I got a ways back.

Yeah, they're both not well skinned. I may not keep that second one, though.

It's called the UKBadBoy and it's either a rip-off on Ferali's Ultima-Protos or someone had a nearly identical idea. Granted, this version is a little more user friendly.

The Ultima-Protos takes about 5 seconds to charge, after you pull the trigger, before it fires. Might be a little less but that's close. The UKBadBoy doesn't have any charge time, it fires a projectile that explodes with the same effect as the Ultima-Protos.

It might be a little too powerful for my needs, though. At the moment it's resting at close to the end of the map, one room away from the teleport before the exit.

I'm attaching the UKBadBoy if anyone wants to take a look at it · http://www.mediafire.com/?nhys6dbke2h1jcu